Dinos going for walks on their own

BobbleHead30

Dinos going for walks on their own

I think it is a bug I am getting. Every once in a while some of the Dinos in our base move for no reason. My tribe member tells me he hears the attack target whistle when it happens but I can't hear it. Only a few Dinos move when this happens too. Can anyone clear up if this is a randomly occurring bug?

I have had this happen to my things too. Never when I am on though. And they are just out of place. Last time it happened one of the ankylos on SE was across the base. She decided that she wanted to hang out over by the paracers. Nothing else was moved, and they are inside a barn so... not sure why she went like 20 foundations to hang out with them.

I, (being the tribe member mentioned in the original post) think this might be down to an incorrectly performed attack target or move to location whistle by the game itself, though I'm most probably wrong. I've heard the whistle several times whilst in my base, which was immediately followed by a selection of dinos moving from one position in our base to another. My tribe member, however, claims he can't hear this whistle, and both of us know for sure we haven't instigated it. The dinos affected by the whistle have been both a mixture of passive and neutral, so I don't think the issue is anything related to temperament/aggression.

I'm glad it is not just me who has seen this. I was refilling a trough, had just got out of the inventory screen, when my beaver, female walked away from the 2 males to try and squish/force herself between the anklys and be with the sabers. I also had a Ptera move and land in the middle of my walk way (my base is small, I have an 'alley' under one bronto that has about a 3x3 foundation gap of open space after the feet); I also had all of my turtles wander away from each other in separate directions. All of the mentioned are on passive, nothing has changed, in fact, the turtles and the Ptera I haven't moved since I placed them. Having such a small base, I need things in rows and positioned a certain way just to move around, so I easily notice any changes. This must be a bug, and if I could figure out a way to record when it happens, I could show it.

Archived