Imprinting Is Unhealthy.

Crows

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people's REM cycle revolves around the 3 hour mark. Meaning that sleeping in multiples of 3 is ideal for most people. 3 hours a night is generally not advised, though there are some who can function perfectly on that. 9 is too high for the majority of people. It takes too much time out of the day, prevents them from getting things done, and just generally doesn't work. Which leaves the magic number... 6 hours. Six hours of sleep per night is perfect for most people. It doesn't have to be uninterrupted, but it does have to be fairly consistent.

Waking up after 3 hours, imprinting, using the bathroom, and then going back to bed, even if you do it every single night isn't going to hurt you, as long as you get another 3 hour sleep cycle in.

This rarely lines up perfectly with your imprint timers, that is true, but hitting it for the first one of the night is easily doable if you know approximately how long it takes you to fall asleep. And when I say you, I mean YOU. Not your neighbors, not Joe down the street, not Bob in accounting, not some random schmuck in a sleep study. YOU.  Know your own sleep patterns. Including discovering what is your ideal number of hours. You might be one of those people that runs on a different REM cycle than most. That's okay. But it is up to you to figure out what works for you.

26 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

You clearly have run out of any ability to argue your point; not that you had much of one to begin with. 

I tried to make a point. But when someone spams " OPTIONAL " there's not a lot to say. 

The post had nothing to do with it being optional. That's what you don't seem to understand. 

It's like people moaning work is too hard/long and someone saying " WELL WORK IS OPTIONAL!!! " it's a stupid comment. When you don't have a week to do something and that handicaps you greatly compared to someone who does nothing and has the time, it's unfair. A life isn't supposed to handicap you on a game.

2 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

I tried to make a point. But when someone spams " OPTIONAL " there's not a lot to say. 

The post had nothing to do with it being optional. That's what you don't seem to understand. 

It's like people moaning work is too hard/long and someone saying " WELL WORK IS OPTIONAL!!! " it's a stupid comment. When you don't have a week to do something and that handicaps you greatly compared to someone who does nothing and has the time, it's unfair. A life isn't supposed to handicap you on a game.

It's optional. :) Literally no one is forcing you to do it, you are not at THAT big a disadvantage if you don't, and even if you do, as has been stated by MANY people in this thread, it's not actually unhealthy in any way if you aren't stupid about it. 

(Also lol 'UNFAIR'.) 

On 2/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Jostabeere said:

If I can find it, I will post source for this. It is actually a technique used by arctic ocean fishermen when they have to work 12-18 hour shifts on sea.

Of course proper sleep is always better. But you will not get any damage to your health if you do, let's say, a week of imprinting sessions and sleep less by having power naps between imprints. That's what the point of the thread was. And it's just wrong what OP wrote.

Dont start on this topic everyone is different when it comes to sleep

Just now, clumsynynja said:

You clearly have an inflated idea of how important imprinting is and how many people actually have 100% imprinted tames. 

A fully imprinted dinosaur ridden by whoever imprinted on it is capable of taking on enemies more than twice as powerful as it would've been unimprinted.

• All of it's bonuses are multiplicative.
  • 20% increased health means 20% more time to dish out damage.
  • 20% increased damage.
  • 30% reduced incoming damage means 42% more time to dish out damage.
  • 30% increased outbound damage.
  • 1.2 X 1.2 X 1.42 X 1.3 = 2.65 times as much damaged dished out before dying.

Yeah. Not really much of an advantage am I right?

If you're in a good tribe that wants to be the best, people will sit and 100% a tame. Almost everyone I know in my server has had to have time off work/school/college to 100% a nice tame. That includes gigas/quetz.

How tastefully ageist of you. For the record, I'm nearly thirty. 

Continue to spam UNFAIR!!!! for post count. 

I quoted a source and defended my points. All you have done is literally spam optional. You clearly haven't done any breeding yet then if you think things can be done in 1 weekend.

You don't know what 'literally' means, I think. 

And I'm afraid they can, my friend. 

Any low level dinos like a ptera/turtle etc yeah. Even an argy takes over 2 days. But now it's end game, Ark has been out for over a year now. People are doing tames that require a 4 days - 2 weeks. If you want anything good, you need to have no life/job or have to book time off. 

Just now, pkerjock said:

Any low level dinos like a ptera/turtle etc yeah. Even an argy takes over 2 days. But now it's end game, Ark has been out for over a year now. People are doing tames that require a 4 days - 2 weeks. If you want anything good, you need to have no life/job or have to book time off. 

Untrue, largely because 'good' is subjective. Something tells me, though, you're the type of player that doesn't consider it a 'good tame' unless it's 'the meta', so to speak. 

It is 100% possible to get 'something good' without doing either of those things. 

1 minute ago, clumsynynja said:

Untrue, largely because 'good' is subjective. Something tells me, though, you're the type of player that doesn't consider it a 'good tame' unless it's 'the meta', so to speak. 

It is 100% possible to get 'something good' without doing either of those things. 

As in raid wise. No one is going to care if you're breeding out and 100% a raptor. Other than a Ptera/Carbo, no one really cares about the rest. With tribes being so big and tame cap being a thing. It's good or gone.

If you're PvE. Then anything can be good. Because PvE is pointless in my opinion. You can do what you want on that. It's not going to do anything.

6 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

As in raid wise. No one is going to care if you're breeding out and 100% a raptor. Other than a Ptera/Carbo, no one really cares about the rest. With tribes being so big and tame cap being a thing. It's good or gone.

If you're PvE. Then anything can be good. Because PvE is pointless in my opinion. You can do what you want on that. It's not going to do anything.

Thank you for proving me right; you're the type of person who screams at someone in games for going 'off meta', too, aren't you? 

'Good' is subjective, and only a fool tries to argue with that. 

I don't really see the point in this argument. If you put this argument as an analogy, we deal with this all day everyday in our everyday lives anyway. Most of us are just grateful the option is available to breed 100% if we're willing to go the extra mile. If your in school to be a nurse, but want to be a doctor instead, you have to sacrifice more time. The option is available, situation permitting who's blame is on no one or nothing but your own will. This argument is getting old and petty. 

12 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Thank you for proving me right; you're the type of person who screams at someone in games for going 'off meta', too, aren't you? 

'Good' is subjective, and only a fool tries to argue with that. 

Legit question. Do you play PvE or PvP? You really seem to be a PvE player and that would explain a lot.

Just now, pkerjock said:

Legit question. Do you play PvE or PvP? You really seem to be a PvE player and that would explain a lot.

And on that note, this conversation is over. Anyone, anyone, who discounts opinions based on a game mode is not someone who  belongs in an adult debate. 

PVE, for the record, but that does not change the fact that I am fully capable of having an understanding of PVP. But go on, grasp at your straws. This has gotten off topic, anyway. 

10 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

And on that note, this conversation is over. Anyone, anyone, who discounts opinions based on a game mode is not someone who  belongs in an adult debate. 

PVE, for the record, but that does not change the fact that I am fully capable of having an understanding of PVP. But go on, grasp at your straws. This has gotten off topic, anyway. 

Yeah. I can tell. PvE you have no end goal/no worry of anything happening so you can waste time and breed anything/do what you want. That's where you're coming from.

When you're a big PvP alpha you need the best of the best to stop mass tribes joining your server and wiping it. Hence people are desperate to 100% and have the best.

You play a easy server with no issues or worry. I play a server having to defend myself from mass tribes crossing to our server and killing our tames daily.

If you think PvP and PvE can both be taken in the same context and compared. Yeah. The conversation is over.

1 minute ago, pkerjock said:

Yeah. I can tell. PvE you have no end goal/no worry of anything happening so you can waste time and breed anything/do what you want. That's where you're coming from.

When you're a big PvP alpha you need the best of the best to stop mass tribes joining your server and wiping it. Hence people are desperate to 100% and have the best.

You play a easy server with no issues or worry. I play a server having to defend myself from mass tribes crossing to our server and killing our tames daily.

If you think PvP and PvE can both be taken in the same context and compared. Yeah. The conversation is over.

'The best' is subjective. 

Also, I love love love the elitism here on top of the ageism of before. If you think PVE is 'no issues or worry', then you know literally nothing about pve

But again, this has gotten off topic. 

Think whatever you like. :/

Archived