Base building

Cona1210

1 hour ago, Cona1210 said:

Base building

Does anyone think Base building should be improved withing the game? As in editing terrain within a base and also foundations extend in height with uneven ground so we don't have to use pillars as support? Hopefully they bring more add ons out for bases. 

Hmm, no to the editing terrain and foundations that extend in height. The terrain is purposely level in some places, not in others (in my opinion) to encourage or discourage bases in certain areas. Yes to improving base building.

If the game was designed to build a base just anywhere, there would be no challenge to building a base and also bases would be all over the place.

Now there are a lot of tricks you need to employ to create certain types of looks and things like double walls. They should add improvements to building such that those "tricks" are a standard part of building and don't require knowing the "trick" to make it work. Such as the ability to lower foundations. Why not make this some kind of option instead of requiring the use of an extra pillar, etc.?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Base building would become messy as heck as everyone starts expanding further and further out with no need to plan anything. I personally look at a place, put out thatch foundations to get a sense of how big I can get, and then use pillars to bring my foundation heights down to another height to fill the gaps then go through to see if the new height will allow a complete setup.

Fresonis is a real good educator in building... https://www.youtube.com/user/Giliam84

3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

There are ways to do this. I haven't tried this, but this video looks like a good way to remove the gaps:

Building on uneven ground

:)

yes that works but you have to build upwards, as the foundations has to be under the ceilings.( you can do it 1 snap out but looks wierd)

cost alot and foundations have higher hp than ceilings and walls.

Archived