What are the top server providers?

KishK0

What are the top server providers?

So  I am thinking about setting up a no flyer server of my own, do you guys have any good experience with server providers? I heard a lot of people saying that I should just rent a dedicated machine but I think setting that up might be too complicated. I was looking at citadel servers, host havoc, etc. but I am not sure how the server will perform with 40-50 people playing. Only a few minor mods and no flyers, so it should be easy to run.

I have used Host havoc before.  I didn't care for them.  I was having some very bad issues, and had to get my server moved to different nodes, and then started to get corrupt file issues.  

I am currently using Survival Servers and haven't had any issues with them yet.   Quick Support, even though I will give H.H. credit for their quick replies.   Something I have learned though in my times of renting servers.  I don't always go for the cheapest slots anymore.   As I've found that buying the cheapest doesn't always get me the best hardware the server will be run on.  

Good luck with whichever choice you make!!   Running a server is fun, rewarding, and at times tough.   :)

Our friend is using Logic Servers. Their service is top notch! Hopefully by Saturday I will have my server up! The server we are on now is running 29 mods! My wife and I admin for the owner. it is getting to e too much for some people.  People only want wyverns and insta taming via super tranques and stimulants that make food zero...the other dinos are just like "watever" now. We are going back to basics. We will only be running 6 mods and some boosted stats. Right now we've got people that cannot log into the server any more because of way too many mods. The owner is basically "go pound sand...it's my server" so Ok we are renting new sand to pound and taking people with us. :-) Sorry for digressing....

My point is that we are happy with Logic Server. We even had the owner in TS with us for a few hours helping us solve an issue we where having... THE OWNER came to help us. you cannot beat that. We will be buying a 30 slot 6mo, block for $128....not bad

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NiKiLLst said:

Does any of you took into consideration renting a VPS/cloud server and fully manage it?
It's pretty easy to install/upgrade ARK on a server, and it may become cheaper in the end. 

Right now you can get a normal server for about 20-25$/month....I can hardly find anything on VPS/cloud anywhere close to that.

Archived