How Ark turned me into a dictator

JINROHscorpio

How Ark turned me into a dictator

Hi survivors !

First of all, I want to say that i play on a PvP server, and if you do too you know that everything is allowed, in PvP... I mean, I can be raided while I’m offline, someone can kill my tames just for pleasure or send wild raptors thanks to Argies into my base so it kills my passives dinosaures etc… 

This is not nice gaming, but I can stand it all. This is the game, and this is a game where nice people do not live long if they can’t protect themselves well enough. I learned this hard way when I was low level… I had been hit roughly, killed, killed again, stolen, eaten, sent 200m away from coasts for pleasure, raided, offline, online, 5 VS 1 etc...

All that just to say that I can endure many things… but not the insults. No, it’s not the way I want to play this game. I lost so much by being disconnected / raided / killed by surprise / betrayed… but I never insulted anyone… Unfortunately, some people don’t agree with that, they act like retarded kids, spamming insults in the chat. Last kid insulted us for 3h. IRL… THREE REAL HOURS. Thing is, I wasn't a noob anymore, I created a tribe, grew up, made a powerful base: I became an Alpha of my server. That was a big surprise for this insulting kid. Story is in the video.

Now, this boy has been fired from his tribe and is no more on the server.

In Ark, when we are insulted (violently), we have 2 options:

-          Report to Wildcard, but I think they have enough work with bugs & new features to add.

-          Fix the problem ourselves, Ark's way. And that's what we did :)

PS: What is the connection with “becoming a dictator” ? Now, when newcomers have fun abusing other players, insulting people on our server, we ask them to stop. Once. If they keep on insulting, we capture them and take them to our jail, we put them in kilos and kilos of stone / wood so that they can not move and we give them water and food. After that, we let them think 5/10 minutes and then we offer them either to apologize individually to EACH player connected (between 40 and 60 excuses to do on the general chat), or to leave the server. If they continue to insult us, we let them rot in prison definitely. Yes, it's DireWolf, it lasts at least 2 hours before they die, but in the end it keeps a clean server in the long term :)

What about you guys ? Did you have same stories ? Did Ark change you ? Tell us here !!

38 minutes ago, Fishinghawk said:

Ark is a big social experiment, lets people know what kinda person they would be if they took over a country lol.  Of course it all a game and people can say that because it's a game they act that way, but I wonder if that's the truth haha.

In game, I like to secretly break in to random player's bases while they are offline and steal all of their stuff. In no way does that translate to real life. I have no desire to break into someone's house and take their goods.

1 hour ago, Ironknuckles said:

In game, I like to secretly break in to random player's bases while they are offline and steal all of their stuff. In no way does that translate to real life. I have no desire to break into someone's house and take their goods.

People hate offline Raiders here... I don't, it's the game. 

2 hours ago, DeweyDecimal said:

ARK forged a leader out of me

Team play, diplomacy, political strategy, I have a better understanding of all these concepts through my ark experiences.

Same for me, if I wasn't here, my tribe would have killed everybody on the map :)

2 hours ago, Fishinghawk said:

Ark is a big social experiment, lets people know what kinda person they would be if they took over a country lol.  Of course it all a game and people can say that because it's a game they act that way, but I wonder if that's the truth haha.

I think it shows who you could be in another life, if things were differents. I could be a dictator, but à nice one ^^ (is that what all dictators say ??? :) )

It never ceases to amaze me how many people play this game that cannot handle the consequences of their actions. Whether a dodo or a giga they cry when they have done something to someone who has done nothing to them. And you cannot make the punishment fit the crime in ark because if you dont retaliate or retaliate too lightly they just do it again. I applaud the OP for avenging their dodo with so much destruction. Lesson: Dont touch other peoples stuff or they will touch  ALL of your stuff.

This is a good thread, OP. I saw something similar in my 12yr old son when he started playing multiplayer Minecraft with his friends. He used to be shy and quiet, but soon got into the swing of telling his buddies what to do next. I think games of this ilk are good for this reason. It teaches a lot of skills that can be used in the real world.

22 hours ago, Ironknuckles said:

<_<

>_>

Um, YEAH I AGREE. Breaking into people's homes to steal things out of their fridges is BAD. I certainly wouldn't do it. 

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

<_<

>_>

Um, YEAH I AGREE. Breaking into people's homes to steal things out of their fridges is BAD. I certainly wouldn't do it. 

Never say never :)

1 hour ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Proof that tranqing people and keeping them fed is the best way to ensure a relatively peaceful life on PVP.

Yep, and it's a lot of fun, but sometimes you got to remember that- even if it's just a game- you can't lock on every single man that hits you... (Not enough jails, first, and it's unfair sometimes...)

1 hour ago, DemonLordCronos said:

Around Christmas i broke into someones base and filled their fridge with fertilized eggs, and left a note for them.

My server waits for you, my house is opened and my fridge is on :-)

Last night I was on my Wyvern, a low level was afraid and said "please do not kill i'm a noob, i just wanna play".

i gave him so much stuff :-)

Sometimes, being a good person is cool.

1 hour ago, JINROHscorpio said:

My server waits for you, my house is opened and my fridge is on :-)

Last night I was on my Wyvern, a low level was afraid and said "please do not kill i'm a noob, i just wanna play".

i gave him so much stuff :-)

Sometimes, being a good person is cool.

Wow, I wish I had opportunity like this.... rep for you sir!

10 hours ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Wow, I wish I had opportunity like this.... rep for you sir!

Just, one thing: you said in your message that you broke a door & put fert eggs into a fridge.. but what if the tribe didn't connect first ? And if a raider came by here and saw door opened, enter & stole everything but the note ?

:-)

This was quite funny, and makes me wish we, on PvE had some way of shutting up idiots in chat who cause problems, knowing it's PvE and we can't really take them out. (Well, save for finding them when they're offline, dragging their body into a cage or on a raft, and putting it out into the deep ocean or even the snow biome) So I've heard, anyway; don't even know if all of that is possible. I know dragging the body is...I've had to drag several out of my base because they somehow spawn outside of the 'spawning room' I have in my base. I had the unfortunate luck of my tribe leader building the base on a spawn point. As I wait for the location I want to move to, to become freed up, I have boxed in the spawn point (since some rude jerk decided to run my fabricator while we were offline and waste our gas), and once I get more time available, I'll be making a ramp outside, since they always refused to use the ladders I had put up. A one way exit out of my base, since they can't be trusted to just leave on their own, and not try to be jerks. It's PvE, if you want to sneak in, wreak havoc and cause problems, go to PvP where that's expected, just be ready for the consequences.

I've had a few log in and ask if someone from my tribe is on, and ask to be let out. I've no problem, heck if they seem nice enough, I'll let them get on my Q and fly them somewhere. Going to be a jerk...I may accidentally drop you off my dock out back...tricky thing, some spots are shallow, some are deep...I'm a nice person, but only if you're a reasonable person.

well, ark surely didnt turn you into anything. if you are like that you were always like that, except irl your kind are oppressed (luckily) by our laws. you didnt grow up, you only realised that in ark you can do whatever you want and that you can make your dark dreams come true... thats it. there is no game to blame for what you are.

8 hours ago, JINROHscorpio said:

Just, one thing: you said in your message that you broke a door & put fert eggs into a fridge.. but what if the tribe didn't connect first ? And if a raider came by here and saw door opened, enter & stole everything but the note ?

:-)

I made sure someone was on and rode off on my santa-rex in front of them yelling hohoho into my mic

8 hours ago, vargata said:

well, ark surely didnt turn you into anything. if you are like that you were always like that, except irl your kind are oppressed (luckily) by our laws. you didnt grow up, you only realised that in ark you can do whatever you want and that you can make your dark dreams come true... thats it. there is no game to blame for what you are.

I didn't blame Ark, that was just a title that explained who I became, starting with a noob and becoming that guy in the video, locking people into prisons for they insulted me...

On 2/17/2017 at 2:18 PM, Ironknuckles said:

Well said so sick of people on this forum trying to be a psychiatrist and directly relate ark behavior to life the thing is most people realize it's a game and play accordingly just a few obsessively compulsive people on here can't seem to separate the two

It's like saying I dressed up as a monster for Halloween so for the rest of the year I hide under people's beds.....

Archived