Okay so ... Most big tribes have heard about the meat that never spoils that allows you to fill feeding troughs with meat and none of it ever spoils. What are the devs going to do about it? why can they not stop it. Are they going to allow players to keep their tames if they are caught? Or is this something they are adding to the game?

I would imagine last patch removed items like that if they were really existing:

* Added server "?ClampItemSpoilingTimes=true" which will clamp all spoiling times to the items' maximum spoiling times. Useful if any infinite-spoiling exploits were used on the server and you wish to clean them up. Could potentially cause issues with Mods that alter spoiling time, hence it is an option.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

All meat and berry timers were fully clamped with their appropriate max values on official servers two days ago I believe. This issue no longer exists.

Regards

Stark

So when is it coming to Xbox? This topic got moved so i am not sure if i am in the right place since i did not specify i was on Xbox in my topic...

3 hours ago, ooStuStu said:

So when is it coming to Xbox? This topic got moved so i am not sure if i am in the right place since i did not specify i was on Xbox in my topic...

Good question, the client is currently on PC version 254.93 in Xbox v 750.0 which doesn't include that fix.  But I do see that there is a 750.2 on the Official Xbox servers, so perhaps that includes this fix? @Stark Do you know what's in 750.2?

Just now, mleii said:

Good question, the client is currently on PC version 254.93 in Xbox v 750.0 which doesn't include that fix.  But I do see that there is a 750.2 on the Official Xbox servers, so perhaps that includes this fix? @Stark Do you know what's in 750.2?

not off of the top of my head but i believe we pushed the fix to xbox servers as well as pc ;) 

we generally fix those things on xbox at the same time as pc if it is just a server side fix (in this case it was just a server side fix).

if its a clientside or client and server fix, the fix is delayed for xbox because the update needs to pass microsoft certification before being pushed live.

4 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

There are/have been so many exploits to the game so far. Just shows how WC is more focused on content rather than actual fixes....

You have to remember this is still being developed. If they kept fixing every exploit and glitch prior to the release of new content, new content it would have the potential to break the fixes or just causing a longer development. Once they are finished adding they will move to the polishing phase which will clean up bugs and increase performance. If you are going to complain at least remember you are the one that decided to play a game before official release.

38 minutes ago, Firefox365 said:

You have to remember this is still being developed. If they kept fixing every exploit and glitch prior to the release of new content, new content it would have the potential to break the fixes or just causing a longer development. Once they are finished adding they will move to the polishing phase which will clean up bugs and increase performance. If you are going to complain at least remember you are the one that decided to play a game before official release.

Yet another person who will jump on the EA defense. Gotta push content before fixes...Yada Yada yada.....

I like the game, play and will continue to play but enough of the content with dinos and features no one will use.....am I really going to cut my hair every few hours? Nope.....am I ever going to take a picture on a camera I can't use, of dinos that I don't use and hang it up on some imaginary canvas that xbox users never got?

How about building mechanics? So much unusable land because foundations aren't hight adjustable....or, better yet....tamable titanoboas? Dynamic length bridges? 2 things that were in the works for over a year and still no word?

Edited by BigRed1227

2 hours ago, mleii said:

I'm pretty sure that this is a ninja patch from 750...to 750.1 then .2

54 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Yet another person who will jump on the EA defense. Gotta push content before fixes...Yada Yada yada.....

I like the game, play and will continue to play but enough of the content with dinos and features no one will use.....am I really going to cut my hair every few hours? Nope.....am I ever going to take a picture on a camera I can't use, of dinos that I don't use and hang it up on some imaginary canvas that xbox users never got?

How about building mechanics? So much unusable land because foundations aren't hight adjustable....or, better yet....tamable titanoboas? Dynamic length bridges? 2 things that were in the works for over a year and still no word?

What Wrong with defending Wildcard?

Your not developer so you have no experience in what it takes to push out a game. This game doesnt have a set release and thus it gives the devs more time to test not rush things out. The developer team over at wildcard isnt going to be the size of a team at ubisoft or other big companies that are forcing out game year after year. Creating thousands of asset, cinematic, voice lines so on and so forth. They also don't have millions if not billions of dollars from prior game releases to keep develop this game, thats why scorched earth was pushed, they need more revenue not only to develop the game, but to payout the lawsuit they lost. I have spent some time with the ARK Dev kit recently and I am in awe at the shear amount of work that went into to just creating the Tek Gear gauntlet, it would have taken months alone for that single gauntlet (if one person did the coding for it) and yet they also had so much more.

You say there are all these useless dinos and you are right, but it would be a semi boring world if they only added in useful ones.

You bring up the point about xbox, but you don't seem to think about the fact that Xbox is an extremely inferior console compared to a PC, It already struggles to get 30fps at a sub 1080p resolution. Things like Pixel Based painting that is needed for canvas and dino painting would only slow down the system even more, it is planned to be added, but the game needs to be optimized before that.

The building system is flawed and it will be worked on, but it works even if it is a pain to deal with. The Kibble system is also flawed and it been stated there will be an overhaul, but that doesnt mean its being worked on yet.

56 minutes ago, Firefox365 said:

You bring up the point about xbox, but you don't seem to think about the fact that Xbox is an extremely inferior console compared to a PC, It already struggles to get 30fps at a sub 1080p resolution. Things like Pixel Based painting that is needed for canvas and dino painting would only slow down the system even more, it is planned to be added, but the game needs to be optimized before that.

I understand that the xbox is pretty poor in the hardware department and my only hope is to wait for the scorpio with probably a 500$ + price tag slapped right on the front of it. Hopefully, that would alleviate a lot of the problems, but I think that the lag/rubber banding issues is solely on Nitrido and WC 's decision to move severs to Germany.  

Here is my main point, why hype a feature that isn't coming? Why put that into patch notes, get console users so ramped up, so enthusiastic, only to pull it out at the last minute? Take a look at consoles first event. The Halloween event was supposed to be awsome, every cool idea that no game has done before; vampirism,  lycanthropy, TAMABLE SNAKES....only, nope....sorry xbox, you aren't gunna get it. It created such a backlash that they finally put it out there and we loved it even if the DodoRex spawned in your base....

BTW, I'll defend WC as far as saying , hey this is a bad a $$ game, I'm totally addicted,  and all the other games **cough cough CONAN cough cough ** are just copy cats

35 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

I understand that the xbox is pretty poor in the hardware department and my only hope is to wait for the scorpio with probably a 500$ + price tag slapped right on the front of it. Hopefully, that would alleviate a lot of the problems, but I think that the lag/rubber banding issues is solely on Nitrido and WC 's decision to move severs to Germany.  

Here is my main point, why hype a feature that isn't coming? Why put that into patch notes, get console users so ramped up, so enthusiastic, only to pull it out at the last minute? Take a look at consoles first event. The Halloween event was supposed to be awsome, every cool idea that no game has done before; vampirism,  lycanthropy, TAMABLE SNAKES....only, nope....sorry xbox, you aren't gunna get it. It created such a backlash that they finally put it out there and we loved it even if the DodoRex spawned in your base....

BTW, I'll defend WC as far as saying , hey this is a bad a $$ game, I'm totally addicted,  and all the other games **cough cough CONAN cough cough ** are just copy cats

Thats true, I think maybe they just ran into issues and decided to bench some of the ideas until they find a solution or the issue holding it back is amended.

And Yeah hopefully Scorpio fixes the issue. I mean it was stated that the console would hold a hefty price tag and by the specs that are rumored, your looking at a min of $600, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to $800. At that point you have to ask yourself if you wana stay on xbox or move to PC because you could build a PC for not much more and then not be restricted by what Microsoft allows it to do. I started playing ark on Xbox and had my fun, but now that Im on pc i cant go back.. I can't even play ark vanilla anymore for the most part, certain mods that fix some of the issues you mentioned like the building system are hard to play without.

Also the rumors of crossplay between xbox and PC is intriguing, but that sounds like it will be a mess with the console version being in its current state. 

1 minute ago, Firefox365 said:

Thats true, I think maybe they just ran into issues and decided to bench some of the ideas until they find a solution or the issue holding it back is amended.

And Yeah hopefully Scorpio fixes the issue. I mean it was stated that the console would hold a hefty price tag and by the specs that are rumored, your looking at a min of $600, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to $800. At that point you have to ask yourself if you wana stay on xbox or move to PC because you could build a PC for not much more and then not be restricted by what Microsoft allows it to do. I started playing ark on Xbox and had my fun, but now that Im on pc i cant go back.. I can't even play ark vanilla anymore for the most part, certain mods that fix some of the issues you mentioned like the building system are hard to play without.

Also the rumors of crossplay between xbox and PC is intriguing, but that sounds like it will be a mess with the console version being in its current state. 

We are getting a bit off track from the OP but, I'd pay 800 for a scorpio ONLY if you could upgrade parts down the road. I've never been a huge fan of PC gaming unless it was an RTS game.....just couldn't get into it. 

I understand ark is a giant game with a lot going on all the time. Current consoles can barely run it and that may be the root cause of the dashboarding....idk... but I can tell you that most players would much rather have fixes than features at this point. We are almost unable to have a mated pair of every dino due to tame limits....why keep asking more?

7 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

We are getting a bit off track from the OP but, I'd pay 800 for a scorpio ONLY if you could upgrade parts down the road. I've never been a huge fan of PC gaming unless it was an RTS game.....just couldn't get into it. 

I understand ark is a giant game with a lot going on all the time. Current consoles can barely run it and that may be the root cause of the dashboarding....idk... but I can tell you that most players would much rather have fixes than features at this point. We are almost unable to have a mated pair of every dino due to tame limits....why keep asking more?

Yeah I get you.. never was a fan myself till I made the move..

I think you are right, but I guess a plan is a plan and sometimes it just easier to stick with it. They do have people fixing stuff, but I imagine its a small portion of their team and thus why they only focus on game breaking bugs or take a while to get to other ones.

Just going to say that if you need to have your dinos fed for long term, without being able to jump on to fill the troughs, Kibble is the way...

I got 40 dodos, with a male and an ovi that I constantly harvest eggs from, making kibble at 1500+ a time, and that will last a very long time, and feeds pretty much everything.

Same with jerky, but kibble being stackable to 100 makes it very much a better option.

Just so that those who feel at a loss against these people that are exploiting, know the intended, and more acceptable option.