to: single player mode fans

orionwinterfire

I'm curious . . . Do you ever wish you could play just *mostly* single-player?

Myself, I play alone on a rented server. I like not having to compete for land/resources, and when I played online with others, the social aspect was too much for me. 

I've occasionally thought it would be nice to have a handful (3-6?) other players around- for things like trade, that first quetz tame, or having death matches between retired breeder tames. 

Any of you had similar thoughts?

I play single player mostly because i'm tired of the @ssholes that play this game. I started in pve to get a sense of how the game is played.  I died most of the time at starter levels do to starvation in that I could never find a space where PILLARS where not blocking my campfire.

The pillar nightmare drove me crazy, so i switched to pvp. I'm cool with loss, battles, raiding, but the communities i kept finding were always so toxic, offline raiders like DILO. Grieving new players, tyrannical and paranoid alphas. The stress of feeling like i had to be in the game all the time.

So single player it is for me. Ark has diminished my trust to play with anyone other than close friends, it just doesn't seem worth it. I honestly think they should focus on creating better experiences for single players in the game. I see lots of people being pushed there.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Why are you renting a server if you play alone? Like you can easily play actual singleplayer or a non-dedicated server without the payment.

I got tired of single-player bugs and issues- broken saves, having to destroy wilds regularly, and the like. Also I wanted to leave myself an option to have others around at some point.

2 hours ago, GaymerTrav said:

I honestly think they should focus on creating better experiences for single players in the game. I see lots of people being pushed there.

I agree, though I also wish it was a bit easier to get connected with like-minded folks; I know there's plenty of us out there lol

16 minutes ago, orionwinterfire said:

I agree, though I also wish it was a bit easier to get connected with like-minded folks; I know there's plenty of us out there lol

Well they have clubs for xbox, also the lfg sites and this site could be used for that. Right now I just use Ark for sort of a "creative therapy" as creating things really "de-stresses" me. Building things the way i want to see them and flying around is probably the best thing this game has done for me.

16 hours ago, GaymerTrav said:

Well they have clubs for xbox, also the lfg sites and this site could be used for that. Right now I just use Ark for sort of a "creative therapy" as creating things really "de-stresses" me. Building things the way i want to see them and flying around is probably the best thing this game has done for me.

And the scenic views for me. 

18 hours ago, orionwinterfire said:

Sure sounds like you could just put a password on your hosted server. There is a tribe section in this forum. Create a post there, explain what type of players you want. Do short interviews and then PM them with the password if you want them to join. I play on the officials, so not interested, but I would think you can find a few like minded folks.

22 hours ago, orionwinterfire said:

Myself, I play alone on a rented server. I like not having to compete for land/resources, and when I played online with others, the social aspect was too much for me. 

I've occasionally thought it would be nice to have a handful (3-6?) other players around- for things like trade, that first quetz tame, or having death matches between retired breeder tames. 

Hello Orion, I'm Orion.
If you're interested in getting in to a PvP server with a great community, my home server is NA-808 (X1)

23 hours ago, orionwinterfire said:

I completely agree. As a single player in almost all games, having a focus on the lone wolf mentality is a big reason Ark pulled me in.

Although, even lone wolves occasionally long for some companionship. I had a lot of fun playing in a friends private dedicated server. There was only 3-4 people in the server, and really only the admin and I consistently. It was great fun 2 manning the Brood Mother, and all the spelunking we did.

I would love to see Ark able to support having maybe 2-4 players able to join ones local server without the tether mechanic if at all feasible. 

There's just something intimate about the Ark when it's just you or one or two other survivors occupying the server.

:Direwolf_Icon:

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

I completely agree. As a single player in almost all games, having a focus on the lone wolf mentality is a big reason Ark pulled me in.

Although, even lone wolves occasionally long for some companionship. I had a lot of fun playing in a friends private dedicated server. There was only 3-4 people in the server, and really only the admin and I consistently. It was great fun 2 manning the Brood Mother, and all the spelunking we did.

I would love to see Ark able to support having maybe 2-4 players able to join ones local server without the tether mechanic if at all feasible. 

There's just something intimate about the Ark when it's just you or one or two other survivors occupying the server.

:Direwolf_Icon:

Now that's very close to what I would find ideal. And probably exactly what I would have if any of my friends were interested in Ark.

Archived