Setting up a dedicated server on ps4

So my question to the hive mind is this. Will we need to buy a second copy of the game and a second subscription to plus to set up a dedicated server on a second PS4? 

Or can we log in with current psn name on new console ,download the game and run it as a server? 

Thank you all all for your help!

Hey Chuck04norris, I hope you have not wasted your money yet, you do not need to buy a second copy of the game or a second ps plus account.

I am getting sick and tired of other people going around saying you need two copies of he game because you could not do any research themselves when setting up their own server and then continue to spread this false information around the internet, FFS, I blame Wildcard 100% entirely for this misinformation, they are without doubt the most useless and inept game developers ever!!! And they should, especially Jat, hang their raptoring heads in shame. 

Even on the player dedicated page of the official forums, you cannot find any concrete information for setting up your own server, and this has lead to a lot of players buying the game twice when they didn't need to, and all it would have taken is a little PSA from Wildcard, but those lazy greedy bastards, could not give two poops about us, especially on console.

Follow this link if you are still needing any help. 

Hopefully Wildcard can put this page up permanently to help players

We did our research and found that we needed two copies of the game... if we were wrong then that sucks.  But don't be a huge asshole cause I provided someone with information based on my research and what we did on our server. "I am getting sick and tired of other people going around saying you need two copies of he game because you could not do any research themselves when setting up their own server and then continue to spread this false information around the internet." Later you go on to say "I blame Wildcard 100% entirely for this misinformation."... LMAO???  Learn to facilitate a proper argument that is void of paradox if you want to go on a rant about my posts, please.

59 minutes ago, scrappylloyd said:

We did our research and found that we needed two copies of the game... if we were wrong then that sucks.  But don't be a huge asshole cause I provided someone with information based on my research and what we did on our server. "I am getting sick and tired of other people going around saying you need two copies of he game because you could not do any research themselves when setting up their own server and then continue to spread this false information around the internet." Later you go on to say "I blame Wildcard 100% entirely for this misinformation."... LMAO???  Learn to facilitate a proper argument that is void of paradox if you want to go on a rant about my posts, please.

Clearly, lots of research done, so much research, that post I linked to is over a month old, yet this post is less than a day, lot's of research done, it is false information you are spreading, maybe I could have worded my first post a little better, but at least I am not going to try and make myself sound smart when I am in the wrong.

Ohh I must learn to facilitate a proper argument, no one talks like that in the real world, just idiots trying to sound smart after they made a mistake, and I was not trying to start an argument as there is no point as you are wrong, so unless you want to make yourself look even more foolish then go ahead and argue.

Wildcard caused this issue in the first place by not releasing any information to the paying/playing public, so ultimately the fault and blame lies with them, as had they put this information out you would not have got it wrong, what annoys me is that even after a two months since release people like you are still spouting out false information like it is the truth, and you have just cost this person money they didn't need to spend. 

Rather than have a go at me, apologise to the OP, and have a raptoring go at Wildcard as they wasted your money, maybe they might give you something back as you have made them extra money today for nothing. 

I want to thank you both for your help, I had also searched the interwebs for into, Reddit...the forums... google... I did read that it could be done without having to buy the game again, but no instructions on how to properly do this ( which had to be primary/secondary) but the info makes sense. 

We did unfortunatly already buy a second second copy of the game, mostly because we were to impatient. And we do have the server up and running. 

Hopefully this post will help help others who are also looking for this info, I will be sure to pass it along if I see anyone asking. 

So thank you guys very much for helping! 

Archived