Question about the Broodmother (PS4)

ActionJax

PS4

So I know Im probably gonna get hammered for this, and sort of a noob question...

My 9 year old was so excited after finally taking on the Broodmother (SP) and it was the "Easy" variant.  However when he killed her he received his trophy and flag.  No element!  I think its 10 element you get after looting her but never saw the triangle-access inventory.

So, I went back and defeated her again for him (Im really starting to love this game)...same thing!  I know its only a moment before you are respawned but am I missing something?  Do I need to chop her up til she diappears?  Appreciate any advice, thanks!

8 minutes ago, ActionJax said:

PS4

So I know Im probably gonna get hammered for this, and sort of a noob question...

My 9 year old was so excited after finally taking on the Broodmother (SP) and it was the "Easy" variant.  However when he killed her he received his trophy and flag.  No element!  I think its 10 element you get after looting her but never saw the triangle-access inventory.

So, I went back and defeated her again for him (Im really starting to love this game)...same thing!  I know its only a moment before you are respawned but am I missing something?  Do I need to chop her up til she diappears?  Appreciate any advice, thanks!

I havent played SP or faced her on official server, but did you have dinos with you? sometimes they loot all stuff from creatures. Check their inv.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Agreed! Props to childrens minds :) @ActionJax great kid :)

Thanks!  Kid is a gamer, takes after his Dad.  Although I have always been into sports games and racing games.  But he really wanted this game and earned it at school.  Its a little complex so I help him here and there.  Read about it and share it with him.

He was nervous to take her on, he lost his first tamed Rex to her, but she fell down the side and got caught.  So the other rexes swarmed her and he just kept pumping lead (ingots) in her.  I felt bad when he didnt get his element reward...

7 hours ago, Layton said:

Somehow, I doubt it was on an official server with standard rates. Unofficial or solo play should not be counted, as they are able to be manipulated.

Somehow, people just crack me up!

I will be sure to let him know that @Layton from the Ark Forums is not "counting" his Broodmother victory.

Not just me. I'm absolutely sure a nine year old could win against a Broodmother with official rates. This is the problem with this generation. Handed everything and they complain that it is not enough. Pretty sure your kid did not breed the rexes and find the saddle BP with high enough armor to succeed. Don't lie to kids. Or they end up being a self entitled weirdo.

I coach 3rd and 4th graders.  I have two children.  I played sports my whole life nothing is given.

My son earns everything he gets.  And if you read correctly he earned this game by doing well in school/sports (you know real life goals).

If I want my son to enjoy the game on a proper difficulty setting thats challenging to him and not up with the Jones's that play all day while he is in school and write on forums about generational issues.  I will.

Dont you worry not everyone gets a medal in my world big guy.  He lost many times and like I said I help him with certain things that are hard.  

Archived