A Question for Troodon Breeders

GuiterRocker1

So, I've spent the better part of the last week learning about the joys of taming Troodons. I've been psyched for these guys since they were announced and have gone through all the frustrations and elations of taming a breeding pair. However, the victory was short lived as I watched my newly hatched baby Troodons die before my eyes...all 3 of them.

What I don't understand is why they weren't eating when they had meat on them. I know that since patch 254 there has been some odd goings on with the babies, but none of the other baby creatures I have are doing this. I hatched another one and have had to periodically force feed it some food because it'll just stop eating.

I'm wondering if anyone else has bred Troodons before and can give me some insight as to whether this is supposed to be happening or if it's just a bug and how best to proceed going forward. Unfortunately I can't force feed this little guy for 22 hours straight and no Dino deserves to starve to death.

22 hours ago, Fishinghawk said:

should be fixed now, it seemed to just be the patch

The patch doesn't seem to have fixed this for the Troodons as they are still having issues. I'm wondering, as it's currently the valentines event with 1/3 consumption if that's the issue? The Troodons food starts really low, between 20-40 food at a time so they may be running out of food before they realize they need to eat...I guess I will further update when the event is over

It must be a bug, but I too have been raising troodons and have discovered something. There is something off with the feeding timers for baby troodons. When they hatch they will occasionally not each when the feeding interval should happen even though they have food in their inventory. They will drop to zero food and starve to death before they eat again. That said, I have found out that if you stay with them and force feed them every time this happens until their food capacity gets to around 55ish (I've been doing 60+ to be safe) then they will be fine. The timer is still off, but after their food capacity is over that 55ish mark, they eventually eat again before they die of starvation. It sucks, but you pretty much have to literally hand feed them until they are juvies and a little bit past that. After that, they are fine and will make it to adulthood without issue. I have successfully raised 6 troodons using this method. 

Archived