best way you know to get boxes of chocolates?

Pappa801

• Volunteer Moderator

Well you don't "hatch" the eggs to get chocolates. You get a 10% chance of a dino dropping chocolates when it drops the egg.

There is no best method to get chocolate. But the quickest method would pretty much be tame loads of female dodos and a couple of males so you can increase your chances.

8 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Well you don't "hatch" the eggs to get chocolates. You get a 10% chance of a dino dropping chocolates when it drops the egg.

There is no best method to get chocolate. But the quickest method would pretty much be tame loads of female dodos and a couple of males so you can increase your chances.

Is it when it drops eggs naturally or when you breed them to drop fert eggs that u get them

• Volunteer Moderator

My momma always said life is like a box of chocolates... u never know what your gonna get.... forest gump....

sorry had to.. yeah breeding dodos... I will warn you you will never get that smell out of your house ever... I destroyed my house afterwards last year... dirty filthy dodos ?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Is this 10% or 1% been breeding like crazy, got some good eggs though but the drop is insanely low and stil no drop. (got alot of females)

It's 10%, although I know sometimes it may feel like it's 1%. But if you look at it the other way, for every mating you do you got 90% chance of not getting anything, so its kind of expected when you look at it from that point of view.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, GamerPerfection said:

5% chance to drop not 10 as you stated. so in theory 1 out of 25 sexy time moments will give you a box.  2 nights go I got 4 in 10 mating sessions but lastnight I got zero after 25 sessions.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:02 AM, Pappa801 said:

I so far have hatches 12 dodo eggs and havent gotten a box yet, if you have gotten any or know if a really good way to try and get them i wold love to hear how you're doing it. 

Tame a male Dodo, and like 20 females.
Put them all in a pen, put them on wander (males don't have reproduction cooldowns) and wait for them to lay. Check for boxes. Kill those 20 females, rinse and repeat with a fresh batch (to get around timers).

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, ClamsJager said:

5% chance to drop not 10 as you stated. so in theory 1 out of 25 sexy time moments will give you a box.  2 nights go I got 4 in 10 mating sessions but lastnight I got zero after 25 sessions.

5% is 1 out of 20:   100 / 5 = 20

However, odds do not mean a guarantee, especially when the RNG is involved.    That is, someone could breed 100 pairs of dinos and get 1 box, while someone else breeds 100 and gets 9.  The two together would be your 5%.

Your numbers show that, as out of 35 matings, you got 4 box, which is currently 8.75%

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, ClamsJager said:

that's the point I was trying to get across, doesn't matter if you get 15 boxes of 15 mating sessions the next time you try you could get zero. 

I haven't had coffee today yet, the numbers are amiss in my head.

I thought I was agreeing with you; other than pointing out a small math mistake.  No offense was meant. 

Archived