ShadowxHunter95

ark survival
Most PvE servers are hostile or just have no place to build

6 posts in this topic

So I decided to try and get back back into official Ark,and finally stop being a mad scientist on my private server(basically testing Dino's attack damage to see what's the ultimate predator. Seeing what variants of turret towers are the best, defensive structure's,creatures of war builds,you get what I do.) Anyways I joined PvE servers 81(old server I used to be established on) and 672(absolutely hostile. I was welcomed to 81 because well, I helped everyone,and removed pillars around my base if people asked,helped in multiple trades,helped people get started,that sort of thing,only problem it was only one person that greeted me with kindness,and half the Island is covered in pillars,and huge gate fortresses covering more than half the map,some of those gate fortresses are kind of a problem, mostly because they accidentally spawn trap you,but that's probably the only problem with 81, no place to build and huge gate fortresses.

Now 672 is another story completely,I loaded in instantly surrounded by pillars, I asked if there was any place to build, and was immediately told by someone named ill fated(something close to that) "nope, and it won't ever be as long as I got an internet connection and ark,and this isn't the only server I purged, this will be my third,and just because you showed up I'm double pillaring everything." Then all his allies joined in and started threatening me with kicking me off the internet, pillaring off the swamp,and the rest of the redwoods.

My question is there way to deal with these problems on Official ark servers? I mean yeah the obvious would be to find another server,but what about other players that wish to play. I feel like all ark PvE is, is pillared and gate fortress simulator. And if your lucky you'll find a nice enough server, where there's pillars not covering half the map, or gate fortresses covering the other half,but that usually means an "alpha"(that title holds nothing on PvE) is controlling the server,and threatening players with alpha Dino's.

nope. most server do it to keep new people from joining building a little house then never log in again, killing room and spawns. so most servers are in this mind set. u play for a couple weeks or ever days build in a raft make a little living and we will open more doors for u slowly. hope this helps

Part of the problem isn't that the servers don't want new people playing, they just don't want someone who just bought the game, see how much work, hassle, etc. it is, then quit, and never come back. As to the one server the OP has spawned into, and was told that this is the third server that this one tribe has cleared, and no one is allowed to play on it, submit a ticket and report them. That is harassment. As to other servers, when you join them, as a few questions. They should include are you close to the dino cap, and is everywhere pillared? On the server I play on, I have pillared, reasonably, around my base, to keep new players, either new to the game, or new to the server, from building around me, as I chose a spot that is rather dangerous to build in the area, unless you have stone, or better. But it doesn't mean I won't accept neighbors, just trying to let people know, hey, this is not a safe area, you want to go elsewhere.

There's no doubt people who play PVE want to build, tame and breed dinos. This often requires appropriating fairly large areas of the map for their base proper, storage & breeding pens. Players who have been around a bit will remember when thatch foundations were something that was spammed around and basically killed all the resources. You can place a foundation so close to a fence foundation that the enemy no build zone is now inside your fence line. Point being, you do not want pillars to not be a thing whether you realize it or not. MMO's like Ark attract toxic people who exploit mechanics to poison others play experience. You want those toxic people dealt with and not the mechanics. The problem is a company like WC doesn't have the time or creativity to deal with people like this, so they make blanket decisions like removing the pillars ability to block enemy building. Next thing you know you've lost your defense against the cretins like the friendly folk you found on 672 and they are now still doing you raw with no recourse.

Edited by SuperGenki
grammar - extra word

The problem is even u lodged a ticket there will not be justice done on the harassment. New players are still leaving the server and i ran out of land to give out to to beat those troublemakers who type in chinese ya. They loot old and new players with whip exploits, block caves, kite titanosaurs and even drop low level big fat dinos in your base just to irritate you. Best of all they block off the whole snow biome and 3/4 map with pillars. 

The replies given on the support email was we will not inform you of the outcomes of the investigations. Then how would we know things are done to set things right? 

As for land i still have some spare ones if you need to start off on a PvE server. I can demo some for you to build if don't need big space like an island. hahaha... or rather come join my tribe with instant resources to play with. :P

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 3:07 AM, arkLIVE said:

nope. most server do it to keep new people from joining building a little house then never log in again, killing room and spawns. so most servers are in this mind set. u play for a couple weeks or ever days build in a raft make a little living and we will open more doors for u slowly. hope this helps

This^^^^^ +1