Where is the update?

MaddKoW

I agree with a lot of people here with Tek not being the reason I play this game and is sad that primitive plus is not seeing much in game updates as the normal game. I actually just recently brought down my primitive plus server cause that of reason. 

But not to take away from the developers as I did find a new way to play a primitive game without primitive plus. With the recent update they added a engram tab when making a server. In it you can deselect what engrams you don't want in the game. So I ended up remaking my primitive plus server into a normal server without all the Tek engrams. Now my server is up to date with recent updates and still keeping that primitive feel. 

So for those with server capabilities try this method, and hopefully ark will make some official servers that will have this same setup for the primitive players. 

We have a prim+ server on Xbox it's listed on here also. We started it the day of the update as we felt tek crap was going to far and prim+ was more "survival" but clearly @complexminded would rather the loyal fans of prim+ survive an extended duration with no update. Jen's response was that of a person who couldn't care what happens to prim+. We need an update. Thankfully on our server we do have many get arounds ie forcetame non saddle dinos for tribes, spawn in bp's for saddles that they can have, but why the heck should we have to keep effectively bailing out @complexminded from not getting the update finalised. Ps NO LANCE it's prim+ couldn't even get that in the mod complete idiot

On 2/20/2017 at 7:01 PM, ARKServerSeattle said:

So I ended up remaking my primitive plus server into a normal server without all the Tek engrams. Now my server is up to date with recent updates and still keeping that primitive feel. 

So for those with server capabilities try this method, and hopefully ark will make some official servers that will have this same setup for the primitive players. 

I tried this, and it's nice for everything to work again, but P+ brings a lot of cool stuff to the game. Ark without tech OR P+ is pretty boring. This is why my last hope is the SurvivalPlus mod (one day a TC). SInce WC has abandoned P+, and the Remastered TC mod author faded out, S+ is the last best hope for a ***survival*** game that is not simply CoD with dinosaurs.

I honestly Think Complexminded is being quiet not out of a lack of laziness but, For the Lynch mob waiting for him will take nothing less than a epic saga of a reply for the delays or a Mega drop of content. To give any generic shill would just be suicide at this point. If he said their is a delay for the coming update and as far as a ETA there is no accurate estimate I can give you. while this is more the likely true the forums would absolutely crucify him. I find it unlikely that he has just gone ghost mode and has not seen any of these posts. I think hes just winding up his grappling hook to pull himself out of this abyss he has found himself in or at least I'm hopeful that this is the case I should say.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:37 PM, PrimalBroom744 said:

I honestly Think Complexminded is being quiet not out of a lack of laziness but, For the Lynch mob waiting for him will take nothing less than a epic saga of a reply for the delays or a Mega drop of content. To give any generic shill would just be suicide at this point. If he said their is a delay for the coming update and as far as a ETA there is no accurate estimate I can give you. while this is more the likely true the forums would absolutely crucify him. I find it unlikely that he has just gone ghost mode and has not seen any of these posts. I think hes just winding up his grappling hook to pull himself out of this abyss he has found himself in or at least I'm hopeful that this is the case I should say.

If you check out his posts (twitter IIRC), he showed a screenshot of a server-wide auction house type interface he is working on to allow players to buy and sell to each other. He did toss in a line saying that this is in addition to P+, but hell, if he's been unable to update/solve things as rudimentary as missing saddles, how in the heck can he work on a totally unrelated feature like an auction house interface and expect to get anything in P+ done?! I think WC (the people signing his paychecks) has roped him into non P+ stuff in their efforts to get all the main content into the game as fast as they can, so they can do a quick (aka superficial) polish and then release. P+ is pretty much done until WC can move Ark into an actual alpha (or beta, depending on how you define those stages). 

I think it is safe to say Ced (@ComplexMinded) has either given up entirely on Primitive Plus or is too scared to come out and say something. Last forum post from him in the forums was on 2017 Jan 18 and up until Friday 2017 Feb 24 he was MIA on the forums since that last post. He has made a few posts to Twitter that haven't amounted to anything and his steam profile hasn't seen any action since 2017 Jan 30.

If Primitive Plus is still being worked on the safest thing for WC to do is move all current content from Prim+ to base game and turn it off for base game, then allow for it to be turned on for Prim+ servers with a simple, yet update-able ini file.

We've now learned that Ced will be the one primarily responsible for the mod subsidy program. Yeah, P+ is waaaaay back on the burner. But that's okay. The Survival Plus mod is pretty good, and making good progress. I do still hope that one day someone will fix the many problems in P+ and maybe even develop it further. But it seems like this is pretty low on the task list at WC.

Archived