MaddKoW

Where is the update?

22 posts in this topic

Prim+ fixes/additions and per pixel painting were dropped from the patch. 

Jat said the painting needed more time with the devs. The lack of Prim+ has been outright ignored by WC. No response yet on why it was removed or info on when it will be released. They simply edited it out of the patch notes without comment.

9 hours ago, jordan1372 said:

There was no update because they pulled it, along with per pixel painting. They also edited the original patch notes to exclude these things AFTER the patch, and they're now acting like they never said anything about them being in it.

Prim+ needed this patch bad. It's been broken for over four months. They keep announcing patches for it, and each time there is no prim+ fix. Look how neglected the Prim+ section of the forums is. They didn't even bother to create a thread for what was supposed to be in this latest update. 

I am getting to the point where I'm going to stop playing Ark completely.  I've been a staunch defender of the game, @complexminded and the modification, but when you can't even patch the game on the console 30 days after patching the PC, it's time to give up.  Primitive Plus is over 4 months behind and isn't getting better.  It might be time for me to just go ahead and move on to For Honor completely and just leave my crap with the crap that I was given.

13 hours ago, jordan1372 said:

Wow.
She just says "there was no change to Prim+. The update didn't happen."

Yeah, thanks for the intel Jen! We totally didn't realize that, and thanks for clarifying and telling us why or when the Prim+ Update would happen, instead she chose to be snide and rude with her comment, lmfao.

15 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I am getting to the point where I'm going to stop playing Ark completely.  I've been a staunch defender of the game, @complexminded and the modification, but when you can't even patch the game on the console 30 days after patching the PC, it's time to give up.  Primitive Plus is over 4 months behind and isn't getting better.  It might be time for me to just go ahead and move on to For Honor completely and just leave my crap with the crap that I was given.

Do yourself a favor and try the 'Survival Plus' mod. It's in beta, and has a way to go, but it's already made great progress, and could end up replacing P+ entirely. It's a effort community mod tho. Don't expect to be able to play it unless you have at least 3 people. It shifts the focus off dinosaur and on to the players and the community. Dino are still important, but have become more like the challenges we face in Ark, instead of the gateway to demigod status. Intricate crafting, interdependence between the different professions, and a lot more building options that P+ has. PM me if you want to give it a try on the server I'm on.

As much as I loved P+ when it first came out, I feel as if this mod is going to get officially dropped once the game releases. I'd really like to go back to this but I'd rather not feel left behind as far as content goes.

4 minutes ago, Irk said:

As much as I loved P+ when it first came out, I feel as if this mod is going to get officially dropped once the game releases. I'd really like to go back to this but I'd rather not feel left behind as far as content goes.

Same here. I love the idea of prim+ but waiting for any updates and fixes killed it for me. Maybe they can add the "Survival Plus" mod to consoles instead.

2 hours ago, Akkori said:

Do yourself a favor and try the 'Survival Plus' mod. It's in beta, and has a way to go, but it's already made great progress, and could end up replacing P+ entirely. It's a effort community mod tho. Don't expect to be able to play it unless you have at least 3 people. It shifts the focus off dinosaur and on to the players and the community. Dino are still important, but have become more like the challenges we face in Ark, instead of the gateway to demigod status. Intricate crafting, interdependence between the different professions, and a lot more building options that P+ has. PM me if you want to give it a try on the server I'm on.

2 hours ago, Akkori said:

I wish I could.  I'm a console player and we get kind of crapped on when it comes to modifications to programs.  I've cooled off a bit since yesterday too, as I was pretty heated reading the information there, but there were SOME repairs done in Primitive Plus.  We have all the animals now.  Spawns were fixed.  Broken trees are no longer broken.

12 minutes ago, BostonPaul said:

my desire to keep playing this game is going away fast, sucks I decided to build up on the ignored prim plus

I just don't want to play the tekkie crap game that is the primary game.  I felt like Primitive Plus gave me that option.  I'm just hoping I didn't choose poorly.

Agree Totally!!!!! Building crafting survival is where its at for me. Mass effect comes out in 2 months for those who want that type of game. All the main game has added over the last 6 months is dinosaurs, I don't get it. The dynamic length bridge must be on hell of an update? 

13 hours ago, Akkori said:

Now that sounds like my type of ark too bad iam on xb1 i will not get it for pc. But yea i have more joy going out and fighting dino than taming and leveling dino i use battleaxe and i do 464 dmg with it at 300% i can kill stuff faster than my rex cause she only has 160% only isue i have is health time to start bringing the heat good with me lol...p+ i was hoping would bring more rp and less big base type stuff but i was way wrong..i kinda wish the game played like in the traler for ark where the rex chased them into base and destroyed the door 

13 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I wish I could.  I'm a console player and we get kind of crapped on when it comes to modifications to programs.  I've cooled off a bit since yesterday too, as I was pretty heated reading the information there, but there were SOME repairs done in Primitive Plus.  We have all the animals now.  Spawns were fixed.  Broken trees are no longer broken.

Yeah and while they fixed some stuff they broke the terrain in the giant caverns on center.Which affects me cause i live there:( 

As per usual no form of acknowledgement from @Jat @complexminded Regarding prim+ update. To drop it from the patch notes with out any explanation is down right rude and how can a company be run this way. Wildcard employed @complexminded To continue working on prim+. Clearly didn't read his background of "lack of intrest" to any form of commication, to any future developments to the mod and to have the vast majority of wildcard employes hype tek crap and ignore any direct tweets about prim+ shows where this game is going. Roll on Conan THE ARK IS DEAD!!!

Maybe it's WCs way of quietly killing Prim+. The user base is not big enough and they must have figured by now that the Prim+ dev is not able to work like a professional. So they slowly drive us away and in the end drop the mod entirely. Most players are happy with the Tek crap, so they don't need the prim+ survivors. Which is sad, because some of the players on my server were ARK fanboys from the start, me included.

8 hours ago, tenten said:

Maybe it's WCs way of quietly killing Prim+. The user base is not big enough and they must have figured by now that the Prim+ dev is not able to work like a professional. So they slowly drive us away and in the end drop the mod entirely. Most players are happy with the Tek crap, so they don't need the prim+ survivors. Which is sad, because some of the players on my server were ARK fanboys from the start, me included.

On console the userbase in prim+ is very large.Wildcard just won't add xtra servers to it so we're constantly at 75-80+ players on 70 player servers.My own server won't go down below 30 until 3am my time,and by 10-11am its nearly full to full again,and stays packed then till it nears 3 again.

Edited by Bogger