Jat

Xbox Patch Notes: Current Version (v752) & Upcoming ()

782 posts in this topic

I'm genuinely curious how asking about a feature in the patch notes, isn't related to the patch notes.... Or considered spamming/off topic, which is what I was warned for. 

Obviously I didn't check the bugs section, because I wasn't sure if it was a bug or that I just didn't know how to access the feature. I Understand the patch notes thread can get out of hand,  and just reading through it there are plenty of posts with people complaining that are still there. 

@GamerPerfectionI'm sure your job is hard,  but maybe you shouldn't warn people who are asking genuine questions that are directly related to the patch notes, and havent been asked already (I read through all the pages first to make sure) . May I ask what kind of posts you do allow in this thread? Or are you unsure? 

Maybe this thread should just be locked, if you don't want any comments. 

Edited by NebraskARK

18 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I'm genuinely curious how asking about a feature in the patch notes, isn't related to the patch notes.... Or considered spamming/off topic, which is what I was warned for. 

Obviously I didn't check the bugs section, because I wasn't sure if it was a bug or that I just didn't know how to access the feature. I Understand the patch notes thread can get out of hand,  and just reading through it there are plenty of posts with people complaining that are still there. 

@GamerPerfectionI'm sure your job is hard,  but maybe you shouldn't warn people who are asking genuine questions that are directly related to the patch notes, and havent been asked already (I read through all the pages first to make sure) . May I ask what kind of posts you do allow in this thread? Or are you unsure? 

Maybe this thread should just be locked, if you don't want any comments. 

Any questions regarding how something works in the game, or how to do something, even if it is related to something that just got released in the latest patch, for example, how does 3rd person work, goes in Bugs & Support Forum for the relevant platform. You ask a question, you are asking for support. It is very simple.

Do not continue this here, if you have an issue regarding this feel free to submit a support ticket.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

Yes the Patch dropped yesterday. What version number is yours showing?

Never mind, opened up single player and i have it, must have auto updated while I was out 

Open inventory. 

Push right stick. 

And see a new textures in ui. 

Feature is tooglable. 

I like this textures. Thanks. 

)

Is a secret new feature developers? 

Sorry for bad english

Edited by ldemiurg

35 minutes ago, TimTheSurvivor said:

The secret feature is 3rd person.

are you sure? They have talked about third person view in the community crunch. That wasn't a secret. But on you host server settings did you not see that engram tab??? They never said they were going to fix the white box that was meant for engram Specific selection.

2 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

are you sure? They have talked about third person view in the community crunch. That wasn't a secret. But on you host server settings did you not see that engram tab??? They never said they were going to fix the white box that was meant for engram Specific selection.

I think he was being sarcastic.

blast everything they didn't add, you should be breeding and raising dinos! The increased rate is amazingly fast, we can actually raise gigas without taking a day off work!  We only have until the 20th to enjoy this and it will be back to 28 hour hand feeding :( I wish they would keep this rate like they did with the evolution 2x.

I must applaud Wild Card for delivering this update on the date that it was estimated to release. Even if they had to cut some content to meet their deadline, I differ from my peers in that I really couldn't care less about the missing content from this update. What we got was everything my fiance and I were looking forward to and preparing for.

In my opinion, the quality of the content within the update is fantastic. If I had one gripe, it would be that the hair regrows way too quickly... Is there a setting to slow hair regrowth? I would look, but I am currently at work...

On 15/02/2017 at 8:03 AM, GuardVarg said:

What about the mega primitive plus update that was supposed to come with all this? There isn't even mention of it now..

23 hours ago, jordan1372 said:

IMG_0523.PNG

Can we get someone official to update the primitive plus thread then? Posting here to grab attention as the P+ forum is quite dead. No one official in capacity posts there and there is no ETA on a patch.

Would it be possible not to get patch notes until after the patch is released? That's how a lot of other developers handle their patches. It'll also help alleviate the "why isn't this there?! Lack of communication! I hate WC!" vibe after every patch.

Just an ETA would be fine. Then release notes with what was in the patch, not what was planned.

Edited by Irk

33 minutes ago, Irk said:

Would it be possible not to get patch notes until after the patch is released? That's how a lot of other developers handle their patches. It'll also help alleviate the "why isn't this there?! Lack of communication! I hate WC!" vibe after every patch.

Just an ETA would be fine. Then release notes with what was in the patch, not what was planned.

A lack of detailed list of Patch content prior to patch release would result in "lack of communication" complaints, although would reduce the number of complaints about "lies! you promised this and you didn't deliver, salt, salt, salt."

Lets all be honest here, no matter how WC handle Patches people WILL complain. It is better WC do it the way they feel comfortable rather than trying to please thousands of people that want it done in various different ways.

Or put it this way, it is easier for thousands of people to adapt and accept a method that a company chooses rather than a company trying to please thousands of different methods.

11 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

A lack of detailed list of Patch content prior to patch release would result in "lack of communication" complaints, although would reduce the number of complaints about "lies! you promised this and you didn't deliver, salt, salt, salt."

Lets all be honest here, no matter how WC handle Patches people WILL complain. It is better WC do it the way they feel comfortable rather than trying to please thousands of people that want it done in various different ways.

Or put it this way, it is easier for thousands of people to adapt and accept a method that a company chooses rather than a company trying to please thousands of different methods.

Well he does have a point there... pleasing ALL the people is something even governments have problems with lol... 

Im glad the tek tier and max difficulty are in, my only wish is that some day we can rent servers!!!

- Please take back pegos...

13 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I thought it would look better as a:

"hey survivors,

after our successful 12GB patch we can confirm the following updates...

unfortunately there are a few items that did not make it to release however we are trying extremely hard to provide a ETA on those releases as well.

we hope you enjoy the new features and please bare with us whilst we tackle the ever increasing problems of lag and item losses etc etc"

rather than a lock down?

it would be a step in the right direction instead of keeping quiet about everything and modifying the promised released notes with a "what was actually released" note without explanation.

I think that is where some of the salt is coming from. provide us with the exciting information but also show your understanding side in not being able to release what you intended to.

I love the game otherwise and the lag issues are less and less with good dino spawns

21 hours ago, xKingPhoenix said:

How is it incomplete tek tier? Did they miss something? 

Next update should complete the tek teir with these items. Ifnyou pay attention to the pc releases then you will have a better idea of what is to come.

- New Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- New Structure: Tek Power Generator
- New Structure: Tek Shield Generator
- New Structure: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors

24 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

there would be no problems if the staff actually updated notes as they know what is going to make it and what is going to be cut from patches. give people warning before hand and it will leave nothing to complain about. it takes minutes to update a thread or post, case in point it takes you about 33 seconds to read my post, issue a warning and ban me for 24 hours from posting. Why can the WC staff not take that amount of time to edit a post to include or remove items that wont make it?