Jat

Xbox Patch Notes: Current Version (v752) & Upcoming ()

786 posts in this topic

Current Version: v752.0

• Controller shut down no longer kills application
  • Player Dedicated and Non-Dedicated Servers should list more than one at a time.
  • Servers are will now list correctly on the Servers Cluster Session List under the Travel to another ARK option for character transfers.
  • Fixed a problem where Inviting to or Joining (via invite) a Password Protected Player Dedi Server would fail
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn't successfully Invite/Join game into an Official Server

Version: v751.2

• All PC equivalent content & functionality up through v255.5 including:
    • New Dino: Electrophorus!
    • New Dino: Microraptor!
    • New Dino: Ammonite!
    • New Dino: Thylacoleo!
    • New Structure: Tek Forcefield
    • New Structures: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
    • New additional headhead hairstyle and additional facial hairstyle
    • 30 new Explorer Notes
  • Optimised Task Graph threading & RHI systems (latest Unreal) resulting in approximate 15% performance gain (maximise GPU-usage time)
  • Major upgrade to Xbox XDK API. Will result in performance gains, as well as better memory utilisation and memory available. Possibly resolving some networking issues too. 
  • Numerous fixes made to TEK Equipment in regular play and split-screen mode.
  • Greenhouse Structures are better optimized

v750.0

• All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v254.93 including:
    • New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors. 
    • Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
    • New Dino: Ovis Aries!
    • New Dino: Basilosaurus!
    • New Dino: Baryonyx!
    • New Dino: Purlovia!
    • New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
  • TheCenter Mega Update
  • Third person mode, accessed by holding down the Map button and then selecting third person.
  • Additional Server Host and Single Player Settings (Deleting Save & Maximum Difficulty)
  • Major Distance Field Shadow Memory Improvements
  • Valentines Holiday Event, details here:

v749.0

• All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v253.x
  • New Dino: Cnidaria!
  • New Dino: Troodon!
  • New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
  • New Dino: Pegomastax!
  • New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
  • 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!

v748.3

• Fixed Primitive+ crash
  • Holiday content hooks

v748.2

• Procedurally Generated ARK's!!!!
  • Full set of new Xbox Achievements & rewards!
  • Memory savings of over 300MB! Consequent stability improvements.
  • Fixed memory leak with viewing Explorer Notes.
  • All content up thru PC v252.0 
  • Performance increase of approximately 7% due to use of new PhysX libraries

v747.0

• Full CrossArk transfer enabled thru all Official Servers within a particular game mode
  • Xbox fixes for dinos spawning in bases
  • Turkeys are non-aggressive now, only defensive, and have slightly reduced stats
  • DodoRex takes 400 wishbones on Xbox servers now

Just now, DaedricAngel said:

All tamed Dinos have disappeared from my dedicated server,  all structuresare unopened, cutting hair into afro and mustache just made me bald....tek Armor is awesome.....but I now have to wipe my server since structures are messed up. "Giveallstructures" only gave owner of 1 thing in my case a railing.

When changing hairstyles it will always start bald and grow into it. The only time you cut it and it starts at the length you chose is when you just cut the style you currently have. A change of styles will always be a fresh cut.

Please keep this thread on topic, we don't need another 1000 page thread of off topic posts.

If you have a Bug take it here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16-bug-reports-support/

If you have a question about how something new in the update works, take it here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16-bug-reports-support/

If you wish to raise questions and issues around the "secret feature" take it here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16-bug-reports-support/

Thanks for what you did get out  today wc... I for one have no idea what it takes to develop and release a game or content that won't cause bugs and crashes.. I understand that stuff happens and you can't always deliver.. Which happens in all aspects of life... Well to most people besides the previous posters... They have had everything go right all the time and always did what they said at all times... And don't forget they are experts at knowing the in and outs of the gaming development industry since they know that for no reason something can't go wrong.. Oh yea and we must constantly be kept in the loop at all times... (well that does suck but again I have no idea when you found out what was in the patch and what wasn't but they do, they are all knowing and all seeing ) 

Can we at least get some info on what happened to the Prim+ update? This was supposed to unbrick it. Can't use the lumber building pieces, bolas are broken..there were so many issues that this was supposed to address. 

Edited by Karandyn

4 minutes ago, Karandyn said:

Can we at least get some info on what happened to the Prim+ update? This was supposed to unbrick it. Can't use the lumber building pieces, bolas are broken..there were so many issues that this was supposed to address. 

This is all I could find on that question.  Someone asked when it will be in, but no answer that I see yet.

48 minutes ago, RastaDaYoutuber said:

Ok it says in the patch notes something about maximum difficulty and it has a box on my world with it unchecked what exactly does it do when checked 

It makes 150 dinos show up on the Island map.  At least that's what Jat said.

Any word on when we will be able to use the cameras? I just spent loads of materials on making one and there is no canvas to paint it on lol.

Patch related since the camera was added a couple updates ago...

Edited by Thatch

So what is missing from this update that is still in the notes?

Character and Dino-Painting?

Per-Pixel Painting in general for Billboards and Signs?

Canvases to use with the Camera?

Anything else?

19 minutes ago, Karandyn said:

Prim+ additions and fixes

1 hour ago, maze said:

So what is missing from this update that is still in the notes?

Character and Dino-Painting?

Per-Pixel Painting in general for Billboards and Signs?

Canvases to use with the Camera?

Anything else?

The super secret feature everyone was excited for.

Tek boots one person said, I didn't bother checking though

probably some dinos as well.

The secret feature clearly was  ... not adding all the stuff that was meant to be there :).    But in all  seriousness.  At least the hair styles made it in. :) and the fuzzy wuzzy sheep.  

Edited by GothicVampiress
Fixed up