Missing Featuers, No Communication;

Orion

-Dino Painting
-Canvases & Painting
-Primitive+ Mega Update
And a few other features are mysteriously missing from this update, with no form of communication (per usual) from Wild Card before or during the release of the patch notes. Yet another Update with promised implementations removed before launch, with absolutely no transparency. Don't know how much longer I can personally take this kind of shady business, but this is just getting dumb.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

-Dino Painting
-Canvases & Painting
-Primitive+ Mega Update
And a few other features are mysteriously missing from this update, with no form of communication (per usual) from Wild Card before or during the release of the patch notes. Yet another Update with promised implementations removed before launch, with absolutely no transparency. Don't know how much longer I can personally take this kind of shady business, but this is just getting dumb.

@Jat

Just now, Bigboss84 said:

You're lucky, they been garbage for me all day. PA got hit the hardest, but their website said that they are all messed up in spots all across the map.. 

What what?  I live in PA...I've been home all day and its running fine.  Hmmm, also I know the guys who work at my local call center maybe I'll ask them

3 minutes ago, gfan84 said:

What what?  I live in PA...I've been home all day and its running fine.  Hmmm, also I know the guys who work at my local call center maybe I'll ask them

Yeah, I don't even have Cable. I mean, my internet goes out all the time around here, but I seldom lose both. 

Wow! We both live in PA, both play ark, both have Atlantic Broadband, and we're both born in 84... this is getting weird.. ?

10 minutes ago, Bigboss84 said:

Yeah, I don't even have Cable. I mean, my internet goes out all the time around here, but I seldom lose both. 

Wow! We both live in PA, both play ark, both have Atlantic Broadband, and we're both born in 84... this is getting weird.. ?

Are you on PS4 too? Lol. Yeah hey this is pretty cool actually what part of pa? I'm from the central area.

5 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. I think they don't need to be transparent about it because it's clear enough already? If something is not in an update, it's not done properly for it to be released? Or am I wrong?

The problem doesn't stem from the update not being released, it stems from the lack of communication.
Up until the Patch Notes released, it was listed that both The Center & Primitive + mods were getting "-Mega Updates". It was also noted that PxP painting, canvases and all of Tek Tier was also coming. Then, as the update launches and notes are released, all the sudden several key and basically promised features have turned up missing, with not a single word, post or tweet explaining why.

This is bad business when it comes to running a game as potentially expansive as ARK. Wild Card either needs to get new CMs instead of Jat/Jen, or hire additional help... at this rate, a lot more than just me are becoming irritated with their lack of transparency.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

The problem doesn't stem from the update not being released, it stems from the lack of communication.
Up until the Patch Notes released, it was listed that both The Center & Primitive + mods were getting "-Mega Updates". It was also noted that PxP painting, canvases and all of Tek Tier was also coming. Then, as the update launches and notes are released, all the sudden several key and basically promised features have turned up missing, with not a single word, post or tweet explaining why.

This is bad business when it comes to running a game as potentially expansive as ARK. Wild Card either needs to get new CMs instead of Jat/Jen, or hire additional help... at this rate, a lot more than just me are becoming irritated with their lack of transparency.

Wait. Did they change the patchnotes, or are they still saying that content is released, even though it's not?

If yes, this is an issue.

If they changed the patchnotes to not including the missing features, it's just because they noticed that they're not working properly and they cannot release them or it's a different issue.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Wait. Did they change the patchnotes, or are they still saying that content is released, even though it's not?

If yes, this is an issue.

If they changed the patchnotes to not including the missing features, it's just because they noticed that they're not working properly and they cannot release them or it's a different issue.

Yes, they changed the patch notes. You cannot say it means anything, as unless you have gotten direct word from them, you do not know what they mean. So far they have removed those lines suddenly from the patch notes without communicating anything to the community. This is the problem. We, as a community, do not know why or how long it will be until we get these previously promised updates. This is why being transparent is so important.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Yes, they changed the patch notes. You cannot say it means anything, as unless you have gotten direct word from them, you do not know what they mean. So far they have removed those lines suddenly from the patch notes without communicating anything to the community. This is the problem. We, as a community, do not know why or how long it will be until we get these previously promised updates. This is why being transparent is so important.

So they removed them. I think they will say why this happened before they actually release them though. I still would assume they couldn't properly implement them into the game for an unknown reason. I don't see any other reason why they would not release content.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

So they removed them. I think they will say why this happened before they actually release them though. I still would assume they couldn't properly implement them into the game for an unknown reason. I don't see any other reason why they would not release content.

This is the third time in a row they've done this on the Console version, it wouldn't surprise me if they just removed content without word.

Archived