ToXiN

Transponder Tracker - Make it usable while mounted

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

Today I was playing a little with the Transponder Tracker. Sadly experienced, you cannot use it while mounted on a dino.
I heard from other it is pretty useless, however this may give it a buff (I don't know why can't you use it while mounted in the first place).

So my little suggestion is, to make it usable while mounted. Getting off the mount, use it, and getting back on makes it useless, because when you get on the mount, the info from your screen disappears. Especially when you are flying...you gotta land.

Thanks for listening! :)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, this tool clearly need to be useable on the same way than Torches or compass ; I don't think that would affect gameplay balance, since it's just an info tool.

Also, didn't found out how to assign/select different channels to separate dino groups ; they all display at the same time, wich is not particularly useful when you seek for a specific tame...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! I was so confused why that wasn't allowed. Had to constantly land to take another reading, just doesn't seem appropriate for a one handed tool. Like you said it should be holdable just like the torch.

10 minutes ago, Fenris78 said:

Agreed, this tool clearly need to be useable on the same way than Torches or compass ; I don't think that would affect gameplay balance, since it's just an info tool.

Also, didn't found out how to assign/select different channels to separate dino groups ; they all display at the same time, wich is not particularly useful when you seek for a specific tame...

I was confused about this myself. When holding the tracker use your "Toggle Weapon Attachment" button, I think the default is N key. It then brings up an interface to set the frequency. Any transponder you place uses the currently set frequency. Default is 70, to set it back to that to check any you placed originally.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see I'm not alone on this. Hopefully Devs will check this suggestion out, and implement it in an upcoming patch.
Hopefully this will make the transponder tracker more popular! :)

Also it would be cool, if it wasn't destroyed when using beds to fast travel or traveling between arks (never tried if it works between different maps tho).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 2:48 PM, ToXiN said:

Hi!

Today I was playing a little with the Transponder Tracker. Sadly experienced, you cannot use it while mounted on a dino.
I heard from other it is pretty useless, however this may give it a buff (I don't know why can't you use it while mounted in the first place).

So my little suggestion is, to make it usable while mounted. Getting off the mount, use it, and getting back on makes it useless, because when you get on the mount, the info from your screen disappears. Especially when you are flying...you gotta land.

Thanks for listening! :)

While we're at it, why don't we just make it so that you just have to click it once and it'll stay on until you put it away?

An added note: A tracker should retain its frequency as long as the tracker is in a particular tribe's possession. For example, if you throw it in a tribe-owned box, it stays that frequency. If a tribemate pulls it out, it remains the same frequency. If, however, someone outside the tribe grabs it, it should reset to 70. On that note, it should NOT retain its frequency for allies.

Edited by ShadowLexi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 1:43 PM, Captnmorgan said:

Wow I never made one I figured they are totally useless. Guy picked me up with his bird I looked up say destroy tracker boom destroyed it... but yes they should be able to be used while on a mount.

This is actually one if my issues with the transponder. They make it way to easy to destroy someone elses.  I totally destroyed one I didn't mean to destroy by accident. It says Hit Y so without thinking I just hit Y!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see this many players support this (I thought players did not really care).

On 2017. 02. 17. at 2:37 AM, ShadowLexi said:

While we're at it, why don't we just make it so that you just have to click it once and it'll stay on until you put it away?

An added note: A tracker should retain its frequency as long as the tracker is in a particular tribe's possession. For example, if you throw it in a tribe-owned box, it stays that frequency. If a tribemate pulls it out, it remains the same frequency. If, however, someone outside the tribe grabs it, it should reset to 70. On that note, it should NOT retain its frequency for allies.

I agree. You should be able to see the info for a longer period of time, or until you press the button again/put it away!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites