Wildcard: This is how you do community feedback..

MidnightCow

Just an example of another game developer doing things right:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15704-Monthly-Studio-Report

When people support the game development process by buying it, it's not difficult to spend some of that time/money on a decent system of community feedback.  Realistic updates on what is actually being worked on.  Support staff that have at least some idea of what the dev teams are doing, and timescales for fixing things, implementing things etc.  Not just churning out new content for people to pay for.

I've been a loyal Ark supporter since it was released ( on console ) what seems like a lifetime ago.  I've only ever had to contact support on one or two occasions during hundreds of hours of gameplay over that period.  One of those times was just to ask if there was ANY idea when they were going to fix the 'getting constantly kicked from official servers' bug which went on for, months.  I also asked along with many other about this on the forums.  The response i got from support on both occasions was useless.  Actually just a waste of my time and theirs to be fair.  And on the forums, there was no response whatsoever from any representatives ( seems to be the norm ).

The most obvious and simple solution would be rather than having a bunch of useless support staff hitting auto-reply all day long, to actually engage with the community, regularly, with updates on progress, ETA's on the most obvious bug-fixes etc.  The way i see it, this is obvious.  It's not difficult.  And it screams poor management that it isn't like that already..

Considering the sheer amount of hours players invest into this game ( and similarly all-consuming gameplay experiences ), it's really the least they could expect in return.

• Volunteer Moderator

I agree better communications especially on the forums would be nice 95% of the time twitter has answers forums never get the answers. Even important server issues a banner or alert on front page shouldn't be hard.

Side note star citizen already bought waiting for release I hate downloading the game every update. Although I heard that's getting fixed. But still waiting for full release in 2020 I kid lol....

40 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Reporting bugs and game related issues to Wildcard's Customer Support is just a waste of your time. 

I reported a few bugs to them and they are not fixed after almost a year.

Customer support isn't who deals with bugs, only the aftermath of bugs when they can.  To be honest, it could be made clearer there as I fell into that trap when I first started posting here think that was where bugs were supposed to go based on the wording there, or at least was the wording could have changed as I haven't needed to look there for months.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

I agree better communications especially on the forums would be nice 95% of the time twitter has answers forums never get the answers. Even important server issues a banner or alert on front page shouldn't be hard.

Side note star citizen already bought waiting for release I hate downloading the game every update. Although I heard that's getting fixed. But still waiting for full release in 2020 I kid lol....

Stark/Rob does respond here to bugs, but mainly PC only.  You are right though they only mainly seem to respond to bugs on Twitter/Reddit/Steam and not here.  I usually post an issue here, get some feedback from other users and then message the devs in the places that they respond.  I know that sucks and shouldn't be the way it works, but I tired of pounding my head against the wrong wall.  LOL

RE Original topic, yeah, would love to see a bit more of an improvement in their communication, even if it's just to chose a medium and put them there, but I have learned all the regular places that they write and just go there, again as grew I tired of saying what's been said over and over again by others and myself and worked with the "system" they have in place.  If I cannot change someone else, I try to change on my own to fit into what they do.

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, mleii said:

Customer support isn't who deals with bugs, only the aftermath of bugs when they can.  To be honest, it could be made clearer there as I fell into that trap when I first started posting here think that was where bugs were supposed to go based on the wording there, or at least was the wording could have changed as I haven't needed to look there for months.

Stark/Rob does respond here to bugs, but mainly PC only.  You are right though they only mainly seem to respond to bugs on Twitter/Reddit/Steam and not here.  I usually post an issue here, get some feedback from other users and then message the devs in the places that they respond.  I know that sucks and shouldn't be the way it works, but I tired of pounding my head against the wrong wall.  LOL

RE Original topic, yeah, would love to see a bit more of an improvement in their communication, even if it's just to chose a medium and put them there, but I have learned all the regular places that they write and just go there, again as grew I tired of saying what's been said over and over again by others and myself and worked with the "system" they have in place.  If I cannot change someone else, I try to change on my own to fit into what they do.

Yup I notice I try to help as well. They should do like rust does and some other games. On steam page you hit discussion it brings you right to these forums. Keep most of the updates here. I know I'd hate posting in 2-4 different places. But then again I don't get paid for this lol..

4 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Yup I notice I try to help as well. They should do like rust does and some other games. On steam page you hit discussion it brings you right to these forums. Keep most of the updates here. I know I'd hate posting in 2-4 different places. But then again I don't get paid for this lol..

Ha yeah, I don't like dealing with it, but it is what it is.  And thanks for helping out where you can fellow Survivor.

59 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

huh..I posted a thread here complaining about dino spawns. Jen logged into our official server. Within a day, an update was rolled out that fixed dino spawns on all the servers. Don't think Ive ever had customer service like that anywhere for anything. Let alone in an alpha game..

[Doubt]

1 minute ago, JetJaguar said:

You can doubt all you want

While I would love for that to be the norm, I think that the doubt is not to hard to understand.

What was likely that happened, as I've helped out some in this way already it's resulted in it sometimes working, is that someone pointed out to Jen or Jat or someone the issue here and they looked into it, or someone posted elsewhere and they looked into it.

Not saying it didn't happen that Jen saw it here, read about it here and responded due to it being posted here, but it's not been the case in most instances.

11 minutes ago, mleii said:

While I would love for that to be the norm, I think that the doubt is not to hard to understand.

What was likely that happened, as I've helped out some in this way already it's resulted in it sometimes working, is that someone pointed out to Jen or Jat or someone the issue here and they looked into it, or someone posted elsewhere and they looked into it.

Not saying it didn't happen that Jen saw it here, read about it here and responded due to it being posted here, but it's not been the case in most instances.

If anyone wants to do detective work, my official server is PVE 441. Can check out the post in the Steam forums and Jat's tweets. Regardless of weather people believe it or not, I was posting my positive experience with WC and Im one of the biggest bitches and moaners on here about issues with the game. I think its great what they did.

My point was I attempting to share a good experience with them and above and beyond customer service. Anyone whos played since June of 2015 when the game came out, should know that the team was always on the Steam forums responding to just about every post. Given a good chunk of the negativity, complaining, screaming they are quitting to goto Conan, etc, I don't blame them one bit for being more restrained in responses to people..But a quick look at Ark Dev Tracker shows numerous devs responding to people in various places.

5 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

If anyone wants to do detective work, my official server is PVE 441. Can check out the post in the Steam forums and Jat's tweets. Regardless of weather people believe it or not, I was posting my positive experience with WC and Im one of the biggest bitches and moaners on here about issues with the game. I think its great what they did.

My point was I attempting to share a good experience with them and above and beyond customer service. Anyone whos played since June of 2015 when the game came out, should know that the team was always on the Steam forums responding to just about every post. Given a good chunk of the negativity, complaining, screaming they are quitting to goto Conan, etc, I don't blame them one bit for being more restrained in responses to people..But a quick look at Ark Dev Tracker shows numerous devs responding to people in various places.

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come off all negative.  I chat with them all the time, they're great people, just need a touch more work in communication and they are aware and are working on it. :)

They do indeed respond and work on issues that some here don't seem to see or notice.  I do.

EDIT Need to proofread before hitting Submit. :/

Archived