Alphas taking whole servers... We NEED a solution to this

Bigboss84

So, I was on my XB1 looking around the Game HUD trying to find a cool/laid-back server to play on, and i stumbled upon this di(CHARMING GENTLEMENS)ads....

Its obvious that these f(APEX PLAYERS)ys aren't just innocent players getting crap for being good enough to be on the good side of inevitable outcome of this style of game. this is evidence of an organized purposeful plot to steal(Its not yours. its a public server that's meant to be there for everyone to use, so you are in fact stealing) servers from Wildcard..

I can understand the appeal of having a server just for you and your friends to play on. I mean, personally a server with only allies on it seems like it would be boring to me, but I can get it to an extent. My beef however, is why steal servers? Why be an as(MOST 1337 PLAYER)e and push other players out of a PUBLIC(not yours, but EVERYONE'S) server when you have the ability to just run your own dedicated servers?

Now, here comes the part wherein I lose the crowd with an unpopular suggestion, but Most of the complaints I see about this game all stem from people transferring high level characters into a server with Awesome gear, and over powered beast(like the Wyverns from scorched earth), so My suggestion is. And I say this with a heavy heart, the best way to keep these r(AWESOME)ded Alpha Tribes from  taking over and locking down(stealing) public servers, may be to just not have the ability to transfer characters, items, and dinos to other servers in the full version of the game...

I mean, I HATE having to suggest that, and I do hope that the people that also hate this suggestion as much as I do will direct their anger where it belongs. At the a(WONDERFUL PEOPLE)les that forced this by abusing the system in the first place...

Thoughts?

thumbnail_IMG_3114.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

Report people boxing spiking in spawn points.

you can leave servers Using supply drops.

if supply drops and everything else is boxed in report it.

other then that everyone being allied or a alpha destroying everyone that joins is a part of a game mechanic. Although I wouldn't play on a server like that. 

Server transfers has been talked about too death. New Tek tier you can build a transporter so I think it's here to stay. But I've seen jat saying they are still discussing it who know. 

2 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Report people boxing spiking in spawn points.

you can leave servers Using supply drops.

if supply drops and everything else is boxed in report it.

other then that everyone being allied or a alpha destroying everyone that joins is a part of a game mechanic. Although I wouldn't play on a server like that. 

Server transfers has been talked about too death. New Tek tier you can build a transporter so I think it's here to stay. But I've seen jat saying they are still discussing it who know. 

I understand that Alpha tribes are going to happen. That's the nature of the beast, But Alph tribes that lock down(steal) servers are BS. 

and its easy to just say "Report them." or "Go play on a different server", but If you look at that Image in my OP you'll see at that's not fixing the problem. That guy is openly posting "We are Alpha planning on taking another server. we are taking 18 older" Obviously, ARMY4LIFEMike is not concerned about getting caught or reported... that means, reporting players for this kind of unsportsmanlike BS isn't working... 

We need a solution that doesn't just Encourage players to not be douche bags, but rather make it so its physically impossible to do it.

I never been in a Tribe. is there any kind of limits on how many members a tribe can have?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Bigboss84 said:

I understand that Alpha tribes are going to happen. That's the nature of the beast, But Alph tribes that lock down(steal) servers are BS. 

and its easy to just say "Report them." or "Go play on a different server", but If you look at that Image in my OP you'll see at that's not fixing the problem. That guy is openly posting "We are Alpha planning on taking another server. we are taking 18 older" Obviously, ARMY4LIFEMike is not concerned about getting caught or reported... that means, reporting players for this kind of unsportsmanlike BS isn't working... 

We need a solution that doesn't just Encourage players to not be douche bags, but rather make it so its physically impossible to do it.

I never been in a Tribe. is there any kind of limits on how many members a tribe can have?

I don't know I am in a small tribe. I don't think so. Every single survival game has this problem it will most likely never change. you take away alliance limit tribes people will still just say don't raid them they are allies and gang up on others. H1z1 rust dayz ect ect no one has found a solution. It's just the nature of the beast.

22 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

There is no logical solution. Sadly. More players will always be better then less. And unless they consider killing weaker tribes against rules then the strong will always try and stay on top.

The only real fix would be to make the map much larger and make wiping even smaller tribes a hassle.

No logical solution? Absurd, there's a logical solution to everything. It's called limiting the ability to transfer and/or limiting what you can transfer. I've not transferred anything in this game so I'm not 100% positive how it works, so if any of these suggestions are already in place please forgive me.

1. Limit how often one can transfer. i.e. Other games I've played that allow character transfer have a minimum 30 day "cooldown". Meaning, once you've transferred your character you   have to wait a full 30 days before you can do so again. Obviously this cool down period can be changed to a time that the community is happy with and will most deter Alpha transfers to server wipe.

2. Limit what can be transferred. Make it character only, no dino and no gear/inventory. The framework is already there with the bed system to make it where people take nothing with them when transferring. If you want to allow dino transfer's put a limit on how many dino's can taken with you and what they are allowed to carry when being transferred, preferably nothing or just 5 or less stacks of their preferred food.

This is just two examples of what would deter people from transferring in mass and taking over servers and are options that can be done pretty easily and what a lot of other games have in place to stop such issues on their servers.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, MikeB said:

No logical solution? Absurd, there's a logical solution to everything. It's called limiting the ability to transfer and/or limiting what you can transfer. I've not transferred anything in this game so I'm not 100% positive how it works, so if any of these suggestions are already in place please forgive me.

1. Limit how often one can transfer. i.e. Other games I've played that allow character transfer have a minimum 30 day "cooldown". Meaning, once you've transferred your character you   have to wait a full 30 days before you can do so again.

2. Limit what can be transferred. Make it character only, no dino and no gear/inventory. The framework is already there with the bed system to make it where people take nothing with them when transferring. If you want to allow dino transfer's put a limit on how many dino's can taken with you and what they are allowed to carry when being transferred, preferably nothing.

This is just two examples of what would deter people from transferring in mass and taking over servers and are options that can be done pretty easily and what a lot of other games have in place to stop such issues on their servers.

I do like the idea of a longer cool down. But what about one emergency transfer say you are raising dragon on island and milk goes Day or u don't have enough. Maybe a once a month 3 hour pass to go there and back within 3 hours no penelty once a month use. I will say I have only transferred out of one server so I don't know if there is a cooldown already besides Dino's. But I am interested in raising a dragon on the island not scorched earth. 

The solution is simple and logical. PvP... Fight back or surrender, that's  your only options.

Don't go looking for fair fights in a sandbox environment.
Only way you'll get that is on unofficials with the right owners, also easier said than done.

Could there be adjustments to transfer timers? Sure, that's part of the feedback at this stage.

2 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

This is a sandbox game. This problem was created by players. So fix it by players.

Fight back. Fight as an insurgent. Before you go b-b-but that doesn't work. It does. Its just hard and takes time and effort.

Or recruit...

Why should players have to solve issues that are caused by bad game design? Its an obvious design flaw being that several other games that allow transfers put deterrents in place to stop this exact issue. You cannot allow a large group of people to amass power then transfer said power to a low-pop server and destroy other peoples hard work. Its just absurd to blame such an issue on players and to allow it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/684787/ARK-Survival-Evolved-update-Studio-Wildcard-launch-game-wipe-Xbox-One-PC/amp&ved=0ahUKEwifyPnQ94_SAhUT24MKHUWcAB8QFgg3MAU&usg=AFQjCNGhUgX4pdABGi8o5eBaF-4VKxCaEA&sig2=3-cBOmKJmTJ-pO_H68ssew

"We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship – no wipe – though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we'll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host)."

19 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Why should players have to solve issues that are caused by bad game design? Its an obvious design flaw being that several other games that allow transfers put deterrents in place to stop this exact issue. You cannot allow a large group of people to amass power then transfer said power to a low-pop server and destroy other peoples hard work. Its just absurd to blame such an issue on players and to allow it.

Because it is not from a bad game design. Its from humans making human decisions in a game world that doesn't force or control you like theme park games ie WoW. Players made this problem and players can fix it. And if you truly understood the full possibilities WC has afforded you in this game, you would know that server transfer favor small insurgent style fighters far more than large alpha tribes. So you should be using it to your advantage not asking WC to take away your greatest weapon.

10 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Because it is not from a bad game design. Its from humans making human decisions in a game world that doesn't force or control you like theme park games ie WoW. Players made this problem and players can fix it. And if you truly understood the full possibilities WC has afforded you in this game, you would know that server transfer favor small insurgent style fighters far more than large alpha tribes. So you should be using it to your advantage not asking WC to take away your greatest weapon.

I still have hope that people will start thinkining instead of complaining about completely unrelated things because they do not have a safezone.

"People don't play like I want it" - bad game design.

"Servers aren't 100% the way I want them to be" - bad game design.

"PvP guys actively playing PvP and it doesn't apply to my wishes" - bad game design.

I already posted probably 100 times in the same topics where someone cries about Alphas doing alpha stuff.

The only thing you can and should to is adapt to them or git gud and wipe them.

Noone is abusing the system just because you think that OP.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I still have hope that people will start thinkining instead of complaining about completely unrelated things because they do not have a safezone.

"People don't play like I want it" - bad game design.

"Servers aren't 100% the way I want them to be" - bad game design.

"PvP guys actively playing PvP and it doesn't apply to my wishes" - bad game design.

I already posted probably 100 times in the same topics where someone cries about Alphas doing alpha stuff.

The only thing you can and should to is adapt to them or git gud and wipe them.

The problem you are refering to doesnt take into account a brand new level 1 player getting boxed in metal on all PVP servers, how does one git gud then ? it is bad game design if a player buys the game to play in PVP and all servers have been locked down...

1 minute ago, GelhadQC said:

The problem you are refering to doesnt take into account a brand new level 1 player getting boxed in metal on all PVP servers, how does one git gud then ? it is bad game design if a player buys the game to play in PVP and all servers have been locked down...

You account for it by punching ones self to death and respawning. If spawn points are locked down sub a ticket as WC will punish the builder.

5 minutes ago, GelhadQC said:

He can search for another server or contact the support about the server having its spawns blocked off. Or play PvE as the final solution.

It's also a pretty bold claim that all PvP servers have been locked down.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

He can search for another server or contact the support about the server having its spawns blocked off. Or play PvE as the final solution.

It's also a pretty bold claim that all PvP servers have been locked down.

I have transferred over a lot of servers and have never seen all spawn sites locked down. And with the change to ark drops no server is 'locked down'. 

Archived