PVE killings

Wacca1664

We're pretty new. Didn't know about the tribe log. I'll look later. 

Were both on daily, one or the other. He left the door open. 6 dilos outside, 4 dodos inside, his bed, cooking station and our joint storage cabinet ( I build basic tools and weapons, armour for him to use when I'm on) gone. 

Went onto PVE because we wanted something we could both do together and not be wiped every 5 mins 

23 minutes ago, Wacca1664 said:

We're pretty new. Didn't know about the tribe log. I'll look later. 

Were both on daily, one or the other. He left the door open. 6 dilos outside, 4 dodos inside, his bed, cooking station and our joint storage cabinet ( I build basic tools and weapons, armour for him to use when I'm on) gone. 

Went onto PVE because we wanted something we could both do together and not be wiped every 5 mins 

Always close and lock doors, PVE trolling is real - Sounds to me like someone lured a wildlife onto your base.

Always try build out of stone or higher if possible. I'm not sure what materials are available on Primitive but it's best to protect from the wildlife around you.

Also take note that alot of PVE servers are at a tamed Dino cap and you logged out in a non stone house with doors opened and 10 lesser dinos showing.. That's like putting up a big "wipe me!" sign for people who don't care. Build in stone and if you dont have fences keep dinos inside. I know what happened to you sucks but that's how you learn.

4 hours ago, Housatonic said:

I strongly encourage checking out unofficial servers, sadly. Officials are known to pretty much be a free for all where the... less pleasant people have free reign.

I was just going to post this here as well.  I found a dedicated unofficial server with a great bunch of players and admins and I don't plan on going back to officials.  Though some of the experimental officials might have me interested again.

• Volunteer Moderator

oh man. Sorry... yeah at least a lesson will be learned always check the doors before logging off even with lag. Believe me even adults still leave doors open that's why I make my tribe use double doors it's a pain but you get used to shutting doors automatically.   If they do it again guess what triple doors and then kicked from tribe. Even if one is open the other is closed also keeps people from sneaking in behind you. It's also kinda a must on pvp servers. 

8 hours ago, Wacca1664 said:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the person that killed off all my 9yo Dinos. Destroyed all his cooking stations and beds in his house and build a tree house right next door to it. Way to ruin a kids experience of the game. 

Xbox PVE primitiveplus3. 

Hope you feel really good about yourself 

This is exactly why WC  needs  to end the griefing on  PVE servers... People that play on PVE  do so because they don't want to be exposed to other people, WC you need to fix this, because if you don't this game is going to be a legal nightmare for you once it's officially released.

9 hours ago, Wacca1664 said:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the person that killed off all my 9yo Dinos. Destroyed all his cooking stations and beds in his house and build a tree house right next door to it. Way to ruin a kids experience of the game. 

Xbox PVE primitiveplus3. 

Hope you feel really good about yourself 

Hi mate I play on a official PVE server were that stuff doesn't happen and everyone is helpful and friendly. If you want to move server pm for the details. Will even help you get started if needed as I know how horrible it is to lose all your tames.

22 hours ago, mighty said:

Hi mate I play on a official PVE server were that stuff doesn't happen and everyone is helpful and friendly. If you want to move server pm for the details. Will even help you get started if needed as I know how horrible it is to lose all your tames.

That would be great. I don't mind starting from scratch again. I can't pm for some reason but If it's a prim plus I'd be happy to come over 

On 2/14/2017 at 6:44 PM, madfretter said:

This is exactly why WC  needs  to end the griefing on  PVE servers... People that play on PVE  do so because they don't want to be exposed to other people, WC you need to fix this, because if you don't this game is going to be a legal nightmare for you once it's officially released.

This will never end. People will always find a new way to grief. Just try not to get on anyone's bad side. I know it's a bit heartless to say it like that but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Lumitesi said:

This will never end. People will always find a new way to grief. Just try not to get on anyone's bad side. I know it's a bit heartless to say it like that but it is what it is.

They will, but on some maps if you plan ahead set base defence up correctly then there's nothing that people can really do and then you can play in peace

Granted they can mess with spawns etc but that can be stopped aswell.

And if you don't feed them they will go away ☺

8 minutes ago, mighty said:

They will, but on some maps if you plan ahead set base defence up correctly then there's nothing that people can really do and then you can play in peace

Granted they can mess with spawns etc but that can be stopped aswell.

And if you don't feed them they will go away ☺

That isn't true unfortunately. Not since they added the Titanosaur. No matter how good your defence is, if they kite a titan over your base while you're off it's gg. And even messing with spawns will just lead to foundation wars. So you either are lucky and are in a good server or you better pray you don't cross anyone..

9 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

That isn't true unfortunately. Not since they added the Titanosaur. No matter how good your defence is, if they kite a titan over your base while you're off it's gg. And even messing with spawns will just lead to foundation wars. So you either are lucky and are in a good server or you better pray you don't cross anyone..

Titans can't hurt ur Base if ur dinos are on passive can they, a had one in my base jammed on a building, another player killed it while a was offline and a didn't lose anything and the building was full of dinos and quetzals on the roof. Unless it didn't clip through the building and a got lucky.

But if your walls are high enough or you use behemoth they shouldn't get through never had one get in my base since a upgraded it.

As for crossing people I had a disagreement with a tribe ages ago who tried to kite argies etc but due to good base defences they failed.It's all about good planning. 

Granted someone will always come in a server try and do something to annoy you but if you don't rise to it, wait it out they tend to get bored and leave.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:42 AM, Wacca1664 said:

Dilos outside on the porch set to neutral and disabled wandering. Dodos inside the house ( door left open, when he died) same set to neutral and wandering disabled 

Neutral still means that if another dilo comes up and attacks one of your tames the rest will all chase it down to kill it. Which means they're spread out more and more chance of something else attacking one. Eventually they'll run into something that they can't handle ...

It might not be malicious. It's a danger to leave tames outside while not logged on. You need a fence or enclosure and I'd recommend leaving most of your tames on Passive and only a few guards on neutral that you're willing to lose. But that's just my opinion.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:42 AM, Wacca1664 said:

Dilos outside on the porch set to neutral and disabled wandering. Dodos inside the house ( door left open, when he died) same set to neutral and wandering disabled 

In that case you do not really need human intervention. The redwoods spawn a ton of Allo, Carno, Terrorbird, Saber & Rex, and then you've basically left a food trail into your open base.

22 minutes ago, SuperGenki said:

In that case you do not really need human intervention. The redwoods spawn a ton of Allo, Carno, Terrorbird, Saber & Rex, and then you've basically left a food trail into your open base.

It's all locked up tight now. Big stone barn for my Dinos on passive. Stone base with a 3 high stone wall around the base. Kids learnt his lesson on closing the door. ??

One alpha dino lured to your base will destroy everything, the only solution to being wiped on pve is to build on a slanted hill having one of the levels lower than the ground of the top of the hill but higher than the size of a rex on the bottom. 

Hope you know what i am taking about. I built my base like this and it works perfectly, you can even get an alpha rex stuck at the bottom and yes he will destroy your pillars but you'll be safe and sound on your platform because itll be supported from the top.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, madfretter said:

because if you don't this game is going to be a legal nightmare for you once it's officially released.

LOL no. You don't...know much about the law, do you? 

That said, this really does need to be addressed. I've seen a suggestion about kited dinos only attacking members of the person who attacked it's tribe, and that's the best suggestion I've seen so far...though not perfect. 

22 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

LOL no. You don't...know much about the law, do you? 

That said, this really does need to be addressed. I've seen a suggestion about kited dinos only attacking members of the person who attacked it's tribe, and that's the best suggestion I've seen so far...though not perfect. 

I know that our law system allows some pretty frivolous lawsuits, so anything is possible...lol

And the suggestion you saw about making kited dinos  remain focused on the original tribe was in a post of mine a while back... It's def not perfect, but it's a start.  RIght now they just ignore it, which is infuriating.

Archived