Ascendent Queztal Platform Saddle Requirements make it impossible

Noremacc

I just retrieved the blueprint for the Ascendent Quezt Platform Saddle and was overcome with joy, but then I realized...it's impossible to craft.

you need 15000 hide to make it, it has to be used in a smithy.

hide being stacks of 200, that means it would take you 75 slots just for the hide (not to mention the other materials required)

the smithy only has 75 slots, minus 1 for the blueprint, so 74...

unless you have a beaver with an insanely high weight capacity (cause you also need 4400 metal, which would mean their weight would have to exceed 4400)

I know all about the Tek replicator. it doesn't come out until tomorrow for consoles. however that clearly was not a solution as the saddle bp existed long before the replicator.

why would you have something in the game that is impossible to get in the first place by inventory space requirements?

not to mention that the replicator itself costs an insane amount of materials to make

Ya man it is definitely very frustrating when this happens. I hit water drops every day and have came across that a few times and was in your same position. Even the mastercraft quetz pf bp cant be crafted in a smithy at the moment. You have to have a crazy good beaver or thorny to even try and craft it... 

Yeah...about the Tek Replicator. 

Im solo and kinda casual (with 1700 hours mind you) and taking on the bosses , let alone having to even just take on the Easy boss 8 times in order to build it/run the replicator a few times is just ridiculous.

The smithy limitation, beaver limitation  is just another artificial time sink (to defeat bosses) in order to boost stats (playtime etc)

Why don't you just make the Replicator an engram?!? then have the actual gear (which I couldnt care less about) drops from bosses/engrams from bosses.

How about primitive? those guys are stuck with unbuildable saddles.

You put in some absolutely ludicrous artificial time sinks into the ingredients for some of these saddles, then you make them impossible to make?! I swear it's sometimes like you want to enrage and alienate your player base (unless they are chinese or an alpha with dev friends it seems) 

The Tek Replicator isnt that hard to get. Yes it is a grind. But the easy broodmother is not that hard. With a bunch of decent rexes(which are very easy to get during the current event), the easy broodmother is doable 8 times and around 1 week. They pain is to get your rexes to a reasonable level and the artifacts(Pack, hunter and massiv). 

Would you be on PC i could help you. We did the medium Bm with 16 rexes and she was easy. (rexes are 209 hatchlevel)  

If you only want to complain, which I dont think, than good luck ;)

For me it's not the boss that bothers me, it's the caves, they are just stupid to complete unless you go in with a whole squad of people armed to the teeth, I don't have enough people for that, I have all the Rex's I need to fight the boss, hell my Rex's are good enough as to just me and my gf could defeat the boss on easy, but the caves, damn they are way too difficult for us to complete on our own, gas cave finished me off after an rpg detonated on the hanging moss and broke my gas mask, two weeks gathering to get into that cave to be defeated by hanging moss ??

10 hours ago, Invictus1193 said:

If you only want to complain, which I dont think, than good luck ;)

why would you even assume this? stating that it is completely bad game design to include stuff that you can't even craft isn't complaining.

I'll get the replicator (whenever it hits ps4, which is not today it seems). but the replicator is a dumb requirement to make something that existed before it.

it's like you are playing a leveling game and you get level 110 gear when the level cap is only 100

13 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Why are people so eager to get the best gear without going the hardest thing in the game for them? If you want an insanely good saddle, go kill bosses for it. Or use a worse one.

what do you mean? I already have an ascendent quezt platform saddle (got a plain one plus the bp for it)

I am fully able to kill bosses and I will once the update hits ps4. But saying that it's bad game design to have something in the game that you can't even make, simply makes no game sense at all, even in a development game.

like my best choice of action is to simply sell it for some eggs or something and hope that the other people don't know that you can't make it.

Edit: for some reason I can't replay anymore? but

Do you know for sure that they implemented it and made it uncraftable on purpose? It's still an Alpha and maybe WC made the uncraftable BPs as a placeholder for when a smithy upgrde comes out? Like it did now? It's still an Alpha full of placeholders and things that will make more sense in the future.

I also like how you say that you can craft it and how you can kill bosses but you gonna sell it anyway

there is so many things wrong with this statement. I don't even really know where to begin...

First--The game is in Beta, not Alpha. Which are completely different things to begin with. Also it's been in "beta" for over 2 years, has a DLC out. eventually you can't use the "it's still a beta" excuse.

Second--I am sure that they didn't do it on purpose, I would put easy money on it that they simply just have an algorithm that increases the values of the materials from the normal (primitive) and don't do alot of double checking.

Third--I never said I could craft it, in fact I said the opposite, that it is impossible to craft due to the games limitations, not mine. I did say I could kill the bosses because I know I can, and I will once the update hits ps4, but at the moment it isn't out on ps4 so it's kind of pointless to kill the bosses.

Maybe you should use some critical thinking and actually reading before saying something..

2 hours ago, Noremacc said:

what do you mean? I already have an ascendent quezt platform saddle (got a plain one plus the bp for it)

I am fully able to kill bosses and I will once the update hits ps4. But saying that it's bad game design to have something in the game that you can't even make, simply makes no game sense at all, even in a development game.

like my best choice of action is to simply sell it for some eggs or something and hope that the other people don't know that you can't make it

Do you know for sure that they implemented it and made it uncraftable on purpose? It's still an Alpha and maybe WC made the uncraftable BPs as a placeholder for when a smithy upgrde comes out? Like it did now? It's still an Alpha full of placeholders and things that will make more sense in the future.

I also like how you say that you can craft it and how you can kill bosses but you gonna sell it anyway.

19 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I also like how you say that you can craft it and how you can kill bosses but you gonna sell it anyway.

there is so many things wrong with this statement. I don't even really know where to begin...

First--The game is in Beta, not Alpha. Which are completely different things to begin with. Also it's been in "beta" for over 2 years, has a DLC out. eventually you can't use the "it's still a beta" excuse.

Second--I am sure that they didn't do it on purpose, I would put easy money on it that they simply just have an algorithm that increases the values of the materials from the normal (primitive) and don't do alot of double checking.

Third--I never said I could craft it, in fact I said the opposite, that it is impossible to craft due to the games limitations, not mine. I did say I could kill the bosses because I know I can, and I will once the update hits ps4, but at the moment it isn't out on ps4 so it's kind of pointless to kill the bosses.

Maybe you should use some critical thinking and actually reading before saying something..

1 hour ago, Noremacc said:

22 hours ago, Noremacc said:

I am fully able to kill bosses and I will once the update hits ps4.

You said you're fully able to kill bosses which means that you'll be fully able to craft a replicator and fully be able to craft the saddles. Doesn't matter if you will do it or not, you're fully able to do it when the update will be released. We're fully able to craft them on the PC already minus some really high-tier saddles for some animals.

While the second point is your opinion, you do not know it for sure. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. We don't know until we get official info on that. You might have noticed that I asked questions about the placeholders, and did not frame it as a statement. Because I don't know it either.

And about the state of development tag. Yes. I wrongly used alpha even if it's beta. But they can still use beta as an excuse. And even the "paid dlc from hell" does not change that. You might inform yourself about why they released the DLC in the first place before you use it as an argument for the game supposedly not being able to call itself beta. They lost a big lawsuit. As far as I know they needed money, so they released a paid DLC.

1 hour ago, Invictus1193 said:

The game is in alpha right now. Why?  Beta is optimization and alpha is more content. So we are alpha. A DLC doesnt change that. 

Read before you make those comments.

That is totally wrong. You don't even seem to understand the differences between the 2.

i don't have time to explain them to you but you need to realize that it's beta. Not alpha 

44 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

You said you're fully able to kill bosses which means that you'll be fully able to craft a replicator and fully be able to craft the saddles. Doesn't matter if you will do it or not, you're fully able to do it when the update will be released. We're fully able to craft them on the PC already minus some really high-tier saddles for some animals.

While the second point is your opinion, you do not know it for sure. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. We don't know until we get official info on that. You might have noticed that I asked questions about the placeholders, and did not frame it as a statement. Because I don't know it either.

And about the state of development tag. Yes. I wrongly used alpha even if it's beta. But they can still use beta as an excuse. And even the "paid dlc from hell" does not change that. You might inform yourself about why they released the DLC in the first place before you use it as an argument for the game supposedly not being able to call itself beta. They lost a big lawsuit. As far as I know they needed money, so they released a paid DLC.

You super still don't understand.

i am able to once the update hits yes. But that isn't the point, the point is that you physically can't at the moment due to the game's limit. And requiring something that doesn't even exist yet to make something that does exist is poor game design and bad logic.

• Volunteer Moderator

Ark is still in the Alpha stage of development, not Beta. the un-craftable saddles have been in the PC version for a long time, they were put in (more like left in) because they were "done" awaiting iteration and development of the station that would be able to craft them. not sure what the big deal is really, once you are of appropriate level good saddles can be had with a little effort.

@Noremacc

use the search function before starting new threads, this topic has been posted and discussed multiple times.

6 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

Ark is still in the Alpha stage of development, not Beta. the un-craftable saddles have been in the PC version for a long time, they were put in (more like left in) because they were "done" awaiting iteration and development of the station that would be able to craft them. not sure what the big deal is really, once you are of appropriate level good saddles can be had with a little effort.

@Noremacc

use the search function before starting new threads, this topic has been posted and discussed multiple times.

How on earth is it an alpha when the game was supposed to be fully released in December on consoles? (Which it was but only after fighting with Sony about letting betas allowed)

the logic makes no sense and the word in this case is simply used as an excuse it seems just to say that you can still add stuff.

also how can good saddles be had easily when they physically can't be crafted for requiring more materials than the inventory space provides?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Noremacc said:

How on earth is it an alpha

it is in Alpha because the people developing it say it is and until they say it is not it will continue to be. the only ones that can change the development state of the project are the people creating the project, and your opinions of that development state are just that...your opinions. im not going to argue the point, it is what it is, deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Noremacc said:

the logic makes no sense and the word in this case is simply used as an excuse it seems just to say that you can still add stuff

it would seem the only flawed logic here is yours, as you continually contradict yourself. Alpha=still adding stuff, they are still adding stuff, so that =Alpha. how is it an excuse if they are still adding content?

at any rate you are free to express your opinions--have a great day:) 

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Noremacc said:

Iisknow all about the Tek replicator. it doesn't come out until tomorrow for consoles. however that clearly was not a solution asresearchsaddle bp existed long before the replicator.

why would you have something in the game that is impossible to get in the first place by inventory space requirements?

not to mention that the replicator itself costs an insane amount of materials to make

Welcome to ARK. I say welcome, because with you just now noticing this, And getting tour first asc Quetz saddle BP, Iit Is obvious that you have not been one of the many bringing this Build Iup II Over the last two years. It Has been something of an  Open wound In the ark community with being unable to build the good stuff. Some of us have been waiting much, much longer than you have even been dreaming of playing. So sit and wait. We did. And reseaRch. This Is not a new subject to us. Sorry for misspellings. Phone IS acting up.

Archived