Primal Survival question

Bayne

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd rather them just put it on indefinite hold until they release and fix the base game first.

To be honest I would perfer that as well as long as they let us know first instead of choosing a date and then changing it when that date happens. I ubderstand its a tricky thing they are trying to do for us, just hurts getting my hopes up then crashing.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2017 at 1:40 AM, vanyelxp5 said:

Don't know why you'd want to. I mean... Why be a boring human when you can be a direwolf? Or a bear? Or a Rex?

On 2/20/2017 at 1:44 AM, TemudgjinWolfe said:

Humans will always have a following in the game due to the fact that they can have guns and turrets and tame just about any dinosaur.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, Orion said:

I'd rather them just put it on indefinite hold until they release and fix the base game first.

ok so first off to answer the first 2 guys on a pvp server the ability to play as a dino vs humans would be a new generation of gameplay imagin roaming packs of Raptors & Wolves Hunting down those Drop points and Slaughtering humans going for the Master Crafted & Ascended Rocket launcher Schematics. it would be more fun to limit such devices IMO so they can't 1 shot metal walls would have been better than the Flyer Nerf now I need to breed my Argentavis 4 more generations to get them back to where they were. but still Humans VS Dinos would be cool as would PvE servers walkin around as a Trike "ho look a random pillar? no matter to me I'ma graze round it can't stop me from eating and that's all I gotta do *****es!"

lastly Orion The Hericy you speak sir really though I share a similar sentiment but I would also like some details some more videos some more to eat so to speak Primative Plus was an awesome distraction but its full of conflicts with itself I'm ready to move on to another game mode.

There's a human in the trailer.

It's getting attacked by feces-flinging monkeys. So yes, you'll be able to play humans. What I'm really hoping will happen is that we can have two characters per server at that point with one account: One dino, one human. That way we can play with the same people in two very different ways depending on how we want to play at that moment.

19 minutes ago, ShadowLexi said:

There's a human in the trailer.

It's getting attacked by feces-flinging monkeys. So yes, you'll be able to play humans. What I'm really hoping will happen is that we can have two characters per server at that point with one account: One dino, one human. That way we can play with the same people in two very different ways depending on how we want to play at that moment.

I don't believe that it will let you have two characters in a single server, Though I do believe it will let you "upload" your character you are working on to the ark database and upload it later on to the same server. It will not let you take an unofficial server to an official server though of course. I believe that will be the closest to two characters per server you will get. How that will effect playing as a dino I am currently unsure.

13 minutes ago, TemudgjinWolfe said:

I don't believe that it will let you have two characters in a single server, Though I do believe it will let you "upload" your character you are working on to the ark database and upload it later on to the same server. It will not let you take an unofficial server to an official server though of course. I believe that will be the closest to two characters per server you will get. How that will effect playing as a dino I am currently unsure.

I'm an optimistic person when it comes to games I'm interested in... just so it might get noticed, I also made a suggestion on the Game Suggestions forum of this nature. ? So at least it can be brought to their attention as something they might consider, even if it isn't currently in their planned deck. Can't hurt to ask, right?

On 4/5/2017 at 10:51 PM, TemudgjinWolfe said:

I'd honestly wait and see. The only problem i'd have with it is if it took 5 to 15 minutes for it to load like Primitive plus does for me. I'd honestly play it however it came out as long as it has a decent load speed..

I doubt that'll be an issue. It shouldn't be... it should be roughly the loading time of traditional ARK or SE, seeing as they'll... well. Maybe I shouldn't say they'll be using Isle map... if it's DLC, maybe they'll use a custom map for it... I wouldn't think so, but it's possible I suppose. Though even if it starts on a custom map, I suspect they'll eventually make it possible to play on Isle or Center or SE as dinos. But if they make a custom map, I'm 99% sure it'll be roughly the same loading speed at that point. Seems like they're good at keeping that expectation, since they load roughly the same speed it seems like.

Primitive+ just needs a rework in a few categories to make it faster... it's been a while since it's received any attention at all, I think.

3 minutes ago, TemudgjinWolfe said:

No it can't hurt to ask. I hope you can have a dino and human character to be honest it would be enjoyable to do.

I put in a request for it in the Game Suggestions forum yesterday, so hopefully they'll see it. ?

Archived