Therizinosaurus worth the time to tame one?

Melcreif

46 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I know it sounds that way, but I went to merge. that's why some things did merge. but for some reason other didn't.  Since I was the tribe owner and have never had a merge before everything belonged to me and my tribe. Just a system glitch and I've been told that there are sometimes issues with merging. I wish I'd known that before so I'd have used precautions...

Awe sorry to hear man. It is possible a dev could fix it, if they get to u before claim timer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

For those who are interested, I finally got my first Therizino.  Last weekend I saw someone posting on the forum that they had boxes of chocolates to sell/trade.  I had already traded for 15 Megalosaurus eggs, as well as 2 fertilized Mega eggs but this wasn't enough to tame a high level Therizino.  I really wanted something close to a 150 so when I saw the chocolates for sale I jumped at it.  Originally I was going to pay 15 turrets for 2 chocolates but decided that was a bit steep and I asked in global chat who had some available.  I ended up getting 2 boxes for 5 behemoth gateways and gates.  A much more reasonable cost.  So with 15 kibble and a box of chocolates combined with a 1.5 weekend the time was now.  I searched up north where I live then slowly moved south until right near Red Ob I found a 135 Therizino. Close enough!  I was on my Pteri so I called an alliance member who came down and grabbed it with his dragon and took it to my taming pen.  Using 12 kibble and a box of chocolates made for about an hour tame, not bad at all!  Last night I asked that same alliance tribe to borrow an MC saddle BP and now I've got a nice level 222 Theri with an MC saddle. Thanks everyone for the great advice, she's awesome.  With those long claws I named her Elvira B|

56 minutes ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

If I could only have one Dino it would be a theri. It collects almost all resources at ridiculous rates. Nothing like killing a diplo and getting 30+ prime meat. 

So I haven't used any of the specific hard/delicate points to her yet. What kind of ratio should I go for?  I don't think I'll use her at all for gathering wood since I have a beaver for that, but prime meat and rare mushrooms would be great!

22 hours ago, Melcreif said:

For those who are interested, I finally got my first Therizino.  Last weekend I saw someone posting on the forum that they had boxes of chocolates to sell/trade.  I had already traded for 15 Megalosaurus eggs, as well as 2 fertilized Mega eggs but this wasn't enough to tame a high level Therizino.  I really wanted something close to a 150 so when I saw the chocolates for sale I jumped at it.  Originally I was going to pay 15 turrets for 2 chocolates but decided that was a bit steep and I asked in global chat who had some available.  I ended up getting 2 boxes for 5 behemoth gateways and gates.  A much more reasonable cost.  So with 15 kibble and a box of chocolates combined with a 1.5 weekend the time was now.  I searched up north where I live then slowly moved south until right near Red Ob I found a 135 Therizino. Close enough!  I was on my Pteri so I called an alliance member who came down and grabbed it with his dragon and took it to my taming pen.  Using 12 kibble and a box of chocolates made for about an hour tame, not bad at all!  Last night I asked that same alliance tribe to borrow an MC saddle BP and now I've got a nice level 222 Theri with an MC saddle. Thanks everyone for the great advice, she's awesome.  With those long claws I named her Elvira B|

Congrats on the tame! Have fun, they are a great multi-purpose dino.

27 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

So I haven't used any of the specific hard/delicate points to her yet. What kind of ratio should I go for?  I don't think I'll use her at all for gathering wood since I have a beaver for that, but prime meat and rare mushrooms would be great!

Well points into power are great for meat and delicate is great for mushrooms. I went heavy into power on our 227 theri and I get obscene amount of raw prime and mutton. Mid level ovis gives around 250 mutton on official server. 

39 minutes ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

Well points into power are great for meat and delicate is great for mushrooms. I went heavy into power on our 227 theri and I get obscene amount of raw prime and mutton. Mid level ovis gives around 250 mutton on official server. 

Wow, that's nuts!  Are you sure raw mushrooms are delicate? According to the WIki the primary attack gathers mushrooms so I would have figured this would come from power. Have you tried it?

2 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

I just used all the random crop plots i found in drops and made a garden . This way I don't even need a harvesting dino. Although the theri does seem like an awesome tame to have other then berries

Yeah I'll rarely use her for berries. The guy who helped me grab her and bring her to the taming pen had one that he brought over to show me. In just a few minutes he had over 50K fiber that he dropped. When I tried to pick it up I was Over Encumbered and it took me forever to drop enough so I could move again. These things are insane...

21 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Yeah I'll rarely use her for berries. The guy who helped me grab her and bring her to the taming pen had one that he brought over to show me. In just a few minutes he had over 50K fiber that he dropped. When I tried to pick it up I was Over Encumbered and it took me forever to drop enough so I could move again. These things are insane...

Nice! Yeah I might get one just for the sake of how awesome they are

What doesn't this dino do

Fibre- Run take it  3k fibre in literally 30 seconds

Narco-  2k in Narco berries in about a minute because you have to drop all the other berries that quickly

Wood Run - 15k wood in around 1 minutes also if you chuck him on the quetz and do the old farming trick

Hits like an absolutely champion wrecking havock.

Almost all resource gathering in the game has now been covered with an experet The only things this game needs now in farming is someone who is an expert at getting flint, other than the anky because he is just an all rounder

We have breed them alot. Started with kibble tame 150. We dont pump weight. Only meele. Using quetz platform to fly around and farm wood. Weight on our best is 780 with 97% imprinting. Its enoguh for fast meat run and berry run. 4 are only power and 4 are only delicate. Atm we want to breed more for more mutations + to took some to boss fights. On my solo playing server firstly tamed lvl 15 with vegetbles and I used it to farm tons of meat.

Like everyone else is saying, this thing is a beast. We have three that we tamed at 140 that are around 220 now and they can go toe to toe with just about everything, and their harvesting is unreal. Definitely use the box of chocolates though, it made the process way easier on those stupid long high level tames 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, SAMPS0N7 said:

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Melcreif said:

Wow, that's nuts!  Are you sure raw mushrooms are delicate? According to the WIki the primary attack gathers mushrooms so I would have figured this would come from power. Have you tried it?

Finally, Exactly what you need to use this for.( In my opinion) Mutton

On 3/15/2017 at 9:39 AM, SAMPS0N7 said:

Yep. First sheep, I slaughtered (was lvl 150+) and then harvested with the therizon net me close to 300 mutton and filled all the therizons inv slots. I had to finish harvesting the sheep by hand. I was amazed and wishing I had more than 1 industrial cooker available :/ 

Archived