Therizinosaurus worth the time to tame one?

Melcreif

Just now, Melcreif said:

painful process but I hear ya so glad to have him. Now don't get him killed!!!! Man having a troll kill that guy? Yeah that'd be the worst!

again im on a dedicated server, they better pray to god they dont kill him.  i think we have it set to pve right now anyways.  also i have him locked up so access is an issue.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

im also on a dedicated server so tame times are boosted, but it took me over 5 hours and hundreds of narcotics lol.  and ya all i had was berries.

but all in all, im happy.  20k hps, does 287 x 2 per attack, 900+ weight, harvesting is out of this world.  like i say, i love to travel with this guy, i can make a shack in seconds, or whatever wooden

We breed em, very awesome tames! Ive also banned myself from quetz and drsgon on my official solo :P Hows it going? Do you.use argies and ptera? Trying to find immersion ans qol tipa

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

We breed em, very awesome tames! Ive also banned myself from quetz and drsgon on my official solo :P Hows it going? Do you.use argies and ptera? Trying to find immersion ans qol tipa

lol i do use my argent sometimes, depending on the situation, so i have my main base and i have a mining base.  i want to move my beaver to the mining base so i will use my argent to haul him.  ptera i will for scouting or going to visit friends in rocky/difficult places.  the tape i will use cause my 7 year old son plays and we can ride together.

we have my sons dragon, but its a "only if dire need", also because we stopped playing for a while and our dinos were claimed by others and since we came back and those people quit i wanted to get him his dragon back.

haha nice to hear others going to the ground game as well!  the world is alot different when on the ground ducking and dodging lol

1 hour ago, Grimlock98 said:

lol i do use my argent sometimes, depending on the situation, so i have my main base and i have a mining base.  i want to move my beaver to the mining base so i will use my argent to haul him.  ptera i will for scouting or going to visit friends in rocky/difficult places.  the tape i will use cause my 7 year old son plays and we can ride together.

we have my sons dragon, but its a "only if dire need", also because we stopped playing for a while and our dinos were claimed by others and since we came back and those people quit i wanted to get him his dragon back.

haha nice to hear others going to the ground game as well!  the world is alot different when on the ground ducking and dodging lol

I agree !! Ive done many no flyers before, single player, dedi server, but to impracticle on officials (bases tend to block ways up volcano, blue, etc)

Im glad to hear someone else is doing small birds only. You pretty much explained my exact play, minus the son :P ptera for trades / scouting , argy for metal (good idea about beaver), dragon for "oh em gee" moments (titan at base or giga behind walls) 

Any tips? Im only a week into it, have my base set up, just started breeding a few bears and allos ! If youre on xb (didnt look) feel free to pm me :) I could give you a good spare bear, which is by far the best no flier buddy

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

I agree !! Ive done many no flyers before, single player, dedi server, but to impracticle on officials (bases tend to block ways up volcano, blue, etc)

Im glad to hear someone else is doing small birds only. You pretty much explained my exact play, minus the son :P ptera for trades / scouting , argy for metal (good idea about beaver), dragon for "oh em gee" moments (titan at base or giga behind walls) 

Any tips? Im only a week into it, have my base set up, just started breeding a few bears and allos ! If youre on xb (didnt look) feel free to pm me :) I could give you a good spare bear, which is by far the best no flier buddy

LOL, man i love the challenge, we let a base go that was a 11x11 metal pyramid, dozens of gen 3 bred Rex's, allo's..etc    my argy is hands down probably my most favorite flier, im big on utilities and he is number 1.  its like living as a minimalist lol.

i dont even really need a bear now, i have some buddies who want to do cave diving with them, but im thinking of only getting like a raptor or something lol.  but i have access to all that or i will tame one.  i spot tame alot of times instead of bringing a dino back to a home pen.  quickly make 11 wooden pillars, line up 5, go sideways with 1 and then 5 more on the opposite side (making a horseshoe) and then slapping a wooden gateway with a door, tame it and remove the structures.   if its a hostile dino, build it away and shoot, run thru the door and out the back, circle back and then close the door. 

i do the same for an argy pen, but make it larger with a ceiling, find a high level one with a ptera, fly thru the door with the argy following, fly thru the pillars, land, run around shut the door and he is trapped.

i did make a 2x2 structure and walled it in for a vault, just 4 stone or metal foundations, the walls on the outside are doorways so i have multiple sides to access the vault. and then wall up until its covered and then put a roof on it.

im turning my theriz into my "argy" of the land lol.

on the center map i really just use my boat as a base and travel to where i need, or fly the argy to my mining base.  but under my boat i stuck a box under water to put valuable so they arent looted lol.

I figured I'd give you all an update of my Therizino adventure. I've also created a new topic about this one...

When another tribe and mine decided to merge last night it was a total disaster.  For some reason some things like my base stayed in the old tribe, some dino's merged and some didn't.  It was so confusing and keep in mind I'm the original tribe owner.  So my species X ended up killing a Rex, high end Ank, 6-7 scorpions, high end Direwolf, high end Saber, several dodo's and dilos.  I almost lost my level 233 Rex but he barely survived the onslaught.  We quickly allied so at least the killing would stop!  In the end we merged again and that seemed to mostly fix it as I only had a Doed and a couple of dilos that ended up showing up as unclaimed.  I tamed most of these dino's so I have no idea what happened!

Now a piece of advice  for those looking to merge tribes. Make sure all your species X at your current base is put to sleep, power down your turrets, and make sure you don't have any dino's set to aggressive.  I wish I had done all of that!

We were in the middle of taming this bad boy, a level 75 and at the same time trying to fix the merger disaster.  One of my tribe mates stayed behind to watch the Therizino while I tried to get everything fixed.  He ended up getting removed from the tribe or something and got distracted so the Therizino woke up, killed him and his Pteri!  He logged out without saying another word and I haven't heard from him since...  We hadn't used the box of chocolates yet thank goodness but I'm pretty sure it was close to 1/2 tamed by the time it woke up...

44 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I figured I'd give you all an update of my Therizino adventure. I've also created a new topic about this one...

When another tribe and mine decided to merge last night it was a total disaster.  For some reason some things like my base stayed in the old tribe, some dino's merged and some didn't.  It was so confusing and keep in mind I'm the original tribe owner.  So my species X ended up killing a Rex, high end Ank, 6-7 scorpions, high end Direwolf, high end Saber, several dodo's and dilos.  I almost lost my level 233 Rex but he barely survived the onslaught.  We quickly allied so at least the killing would stop!  In the end we merged again and that seemed to mostly fix it as I only had a Doed and a couple of dilos that ended up showing up as unclaimed.  I tamed most of these dino's so I have no idea what happened!

Now a piece of advice  for those looking to merge tribes. Make sure all your species X at your current base is put to sleep, power down your turrets, and make sure you don't have any dino's set to aggressive.  I wish I had done all of that!

We were in the middle of taming this bad boy, a level 75 and at the same time trying to fix the merger disaster.  One of my tribe mates stayed behind to watch the Therizino while I tried to get everything fixed.  He ended up getting removed from the tribe or something and got distracted so the Therizino woke up, killed him and his Pteri!  He logged out without saying another word and I haven't heard from him since...  We hadn't used the box of chocolates yet thank goodness but I'm pretty sure it was close to 1/2 tamed by the time it woke up...

Sounds like you either a) had personal structures and personal owns and or b) you accepted invite instead of merge :(

100% best dino to tame for a low level survivor. it will take a long time without the kibble but its worth it. 72 base damage to basically kill anything in your way. eats berries which is amazing and gather fiber, berries, hide, wood and meat in insane quantities. i have mine with better meat/wood harvesting (power). You could get more berries and fiber with Delicate harvesting. 

I would recommend it. 

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Sounds like you either a) had personal structures and personal owns and or b) you accepted invite instead of merge :(

I know it sounds that way, but I went to merge. that's why some things did merge. but for some reason other didn't.  Since I was the tribe owner and have never had a merge before everything belonged to me and my tribe. Just a system glitch and I've been told that there are sometimes issues with merging. I wish I'd known that before so I'd have used precautions...

Archived