Therizinosaurus worth the time to tame one?

Melcreif

So my base is in North Zone 2 just down from Obsidian Mountain. I've used a Trike in the past to get Narcoberries, but I'm always nervous something is going to come out of the woods and eat him!  I can always have my Rex follow us but that gets annoying since he always races up and gets in the way.  Thinking of a beafier tame to use to get berries in the harsh environment I live in but wow, even with the 1.5 taming event going on I'm looking at about 3+ hours for a decent one!  I might consider trying the stimberries trick maybe that'd drop that taming time. Thoughts on whether this guy is even worth it?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kyd said:

This thing gathers wood in BEAST MODE! Seriously I have weight pumped over 1500 and can fill him up in less than 30 seconds. WELL worth the time to tame!!!

Get a beaver to follow him for storage and you're all set!

It will gather meat, fish, fiber, thatch, berries. and it will kill anything up to and including wild rexes of similar level. Not sure about a pack of allosaurusses.

One dino to quickly feed all your tames.

2 minutes ago, Kyd said:

Just a little un-solicited advice... :-) Don't bother pumping Damage I suggest weight they have secondary stats for harvesting and you can spec for heavy or light. Heavy for wood light for fiber and berries I think.

I have specced about 50/50 in each. The hard harvesting is more useful, but I found that after a certain point it becomes a problem when fighting in any area with trees, you quickly fill up the inventory with wood and are unable to move.

11 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

It will gather meat, fish, fiber, thatch, berries. and it will kill anything up to and including wild rexes of similar level. Not sure about a pack of allosaurusses.

One dino to quickly feed all your tames.

Therizino collects rare flowers, mushrooms, leech blood, organic polymer, hide, pelt, etc. too - nearly everything! And yes, if you have a nice bred Theri, you can even take on every Alpha very easy (killed a level 70 Alpha Rex and a level 140 Alpha Carno)!

11 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

I have specced about 50/50 in each. The hard harvesting is more useful, but I found that after a certain point it becomes a problem when fighting in any area with trees, you quickly fill up the inventory with wood and are unable to move.

After one of the last patches you can disable resource harvesting on your creatures. ;) 

8 hours ago, spacejam said:

my aim for tonight, but they are so hard to find a decent level one, i literally looked at over 30 last night and dindt spot one over level 50( im on a 140 max level server)

So I assume you're on an unofficial server... If you want to, I can give you an egg from my lvl 270+ Therizino.

It's amazing at fiber, berries, rare flowers, mushrooms, and wood. I haven't used it to harvest meat yet.

I can get 1000 rare flowers and fiber in like 3 minutes though, I eat the flowers for food because they don't spoil and stack to 100. Fiber I like to carry 400 on me at all times.

It gets berries quickly too for when we need narcotics.

If you're going into Delicate, then absolutely level melee. If you're going into Power, then level weight, unless you have a good carrier dino to accompany you, in which case level melee. But to answer your question, yes, the Turkey is absolutely worth the tame, though I might advise against a high level one unless you either have the kibble or have a lot of time and resources on your hands

2 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

i love mine, i got a 150 and he is a beast!  do alot of weight, ALOT.  i did some into speed too and i drive him all over.

i have banned myself from using a Quetz so i use the Theriz to run around and travel, gather, kill..etc

Dude, if I had the Kibble I'd try and find one that high.  Even with the taming effect you are still looking at a whopping 7 hours with berries!!!  Holy crap!  Now if I use a box of chocolates that might be worth it :-)

Just now, Melcreif said:

Dude, if I had the Kibble I'd try and find one that high.  Even with the taming effect you are still looking at a whopping 7 hours with berries!!!  Holy crap!  Now if I use a box of chocolates that might be worth it :-)

im also on a dedicated server so tame times are boosted, but it took me over 5 hours and hundreds of narcotics lol.  and ya all i had was berries.

but all in all, im happy.  20k hps, does 287 x 2 per attack, 900+ weight, harvesting is out of this world.  like i say, i love to travel with this guy, i can make a shack in seconds, or whatever wooden

Just now, Grimlock98 said:

im also on a dedicated server so tame times are boosted, but it took me over 5 hours and hundreds of narcotics lol.  and ya all i had was berries.

but all in all, im happy.  20k hps, does 287 x 2 per attack, 900+ weight, harvesting is out of this world.  like i say, i love to travel with this guy, i can make a shack in seconds, or whatever wooden

painful process but I hear ya so glad to have him. Now don't get him killed!!!! Man having a troll kill that guy? Yeah that'd be the worst!

Archived