Finding sheep

Woodsman

I can only speak for SE as I play it the most by far, but I have personally found sheep at red obi, green obi, the large sand dune in the very NW of the map and the large sand dune in the South Central area of the map right next to the mountain range (Sorry I don't have coords for the dunes, I'm not logged in but they are fairly easy landmarks to spot if you are in the area).

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, heiser said:

Sheep made it to the center.  Very rare and get killed by carnivores tho.  Check the wiki for exact spawn locations, but the snow mountains, redwoods, and blue obelisk spawn them.  Most common in the snow mountains, however on our server we've only seen them at blue obelisk.  Good luck!

Do you mean the green obelisk in the snow biome or the blue obelisk on the south tropical island?

I've looked about two hours so far on the Center and have not found a single sheep yet. Starting to doubt whether I will ever find one.

It took me a while so I check utube and they are a few talking about where to find them. I finally found one two days in a row after killing the deer in the snow biome. It seems that they spawn but rare in place of a deer. I did that killing deers and finallynone sheep,appeared. I did that two days in a row. Maybe just a coincidence but if I where you I would try that. I play on the island.

I haven't seen a sheep spawn in the grasslands or snowbiome, although guides suggest they are supposed to. I've seen only a handful since they have been released and they were at blue oby, south jungle ontop of a land bridge between two pillars, south jungle around a beaver pond, and I saw another around blue oby again not too long ago before it got murdered by by a raptor.  

*Edit*     They are far to rare. I've gone back to these spots dozens of times and haven't seen respawns. I've had people tell me they've only ever seen them in or around locations I mentioned above as well, so for anyone looking for them, id start there. 

56 minutes ago, spacejam said:

me and my fellows tribe has found and killed 4 in the last 2 days. 3 were all in the exsact same spot over 2 days. And its an area in which they are not supposed to spawn. Currently working on gettin some veggie cakes so we can tame and breed the little bastards for future tames

Can you tell me where? I'm on a private server, so you can PM me if it is a secret :)

I'm on the Center looking, going on 3 or 4 hours, haven't found a single one.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:15 AM, wildbill said:

Do you mean the green obelisk in the snow biome or the blue obelisk on the south tropical island?

I've looked about two hours so far on the Center and have not found a single sheep yet. Starting to doubt whether I will ever find one.

I was talking about by S Tropical.  They also spawn up near the green one according to reports, but I have never seen one there personally. 

We sniped chat for our first one then bought a female after 2 weeks of searching.

Archived