Questions about taming/breeding on a Dino capped server

JetJaguar

So a few quick questions regarding trying to tame anything/breed anything on an official server thats hit dino cap.

I had noticed last night when you try to breed mammals, nothing happens when its capped. So thats easy. What about egg layers? If you try to mate them will nothing happen? What if you put down an egg thats fertile. Will the baby hatch and die because its capped or will the egg just not do anything? What if a mammal is in gestation; what happens to the baby?

If you knock out a dino out; what happens when you goto put kibble into the body to tame it? If you bring a tamed dino with and kill it at the other dino you just knocked out, would that then allow you to tame?

19 minutes ago, Aruthalar said:

Mammals bear wild babies and egg stop incubating.

Eggs do NOT stop incubating.. they will continue to incubate as normally. The incubation bar will say "Too Many Dinos" or something similar, and if you allow the egg to continue and hatch there will be no baby.

For taming, you can KO a wild animal normally. It will say on the taming bar "Too Many Dinos" or something similar. You can keep the animal down and place food on it, but it will not complete the tame. It will glitch out at full tame and eventually starve or wake up unless a dino spot clears up.

As for mammals, I cannot say as I have not bred any during a cap... but I will be honest and say I kind of doubt them having "wild babies" as the person above me says. I would assume nothing would pop out, same as with eggs. Eggs hatch, but they are empty.

I had a couple sheep going on PVE 33, which has also hit it's tame cap. So now we are officially at both platform saddle and tamed dino cap yet again. Anyway, the sheep gestated all the way through, exclaimed a "baahh!", and then nothing. Used orbit cam to look under the map, because I've also heard that Ovis are glitchy like that and found nothing. We ended up culling some dinos Friday night only to hit the cap again the very next morning. Not sure how you can get people to part with their pixels.

Archived