ARK's Valentine Celebration

Jatheish

On 2/14/2017 at 0:54 PM, Tagz360 said:

Nice that wildcard completely missed the mark for PS4........ and after officially posting that PS4 would get it early...... they fail to submit tek patch to Sony for testing in time. Well done guys, well done. Maybe rename this event Stupid Cupid

Now you know how xb1 players felt early days lol but yea get used to it hapens alot with Early Access games

Loving the whole theme here hair and all, but i have noticed that of my dinos tend to either slowly seep into foundations and ceilings also resulting in loosing eggs in there. countless babies have died just thought with the whole love making thing. we gotta look after the accidents i mean meaningfully thought out breeds of the ark :) 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Pimpn3z3117 said:

I have a question abought the hair and emot i know once you craft it your character will always have it is that only for that character in that server or all characters in any server basicly does it work like surviver hat 

The emote and hairstyles are all per character. Each character you have on each server will have to create and consume the items to unlock them, and if you for some reason delete a character that's unlocked them by creating a new character on that server, then you'll have to create and consume the items for that character as well.

On 15-2-2017 at 11:41 PM, SpCowboy said:

Get a whip!

Not going to happen on an TheIsland server.

My dodo army of 43 has not produced a single box of chocolates over the past 36 hours. I check every time before I go to work and after I come home. They do breed. I do get fertilized eggs and a mating timer on the females.

So far me and my tribemates have found 7 boxes in total from 42 breeding females. Checking several times a day. Assuming they have bred every 12 hours, that is an effective drop rate of about 1.5% not 5% or 10%

I still don't like the way this event is set up. I think the statistics don't make sense unless you know this is coming and have the resources to set up hundreds of breeding dinos in advance.

We have been playing for 2 months. About 200-250 hours per player levels 60-70ish. Apparently this event is designed in such a way that only much more veteran players or people with no life can really participate. We had the same impression about the Santa Claws event. Apparently the design goal is that such an event is a reward only for those with thousands of hours in the game, not a fun little thing that all players can participate in. I don't like that philosophy and this seems to be the best place to say that. 

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

I check every time before I go to work and after I come home. They do breed. I do get fertilized eggs and a mating timer on the females. 

When you say you "check", what do you mean? Do you look to see what's dropped, or are you physically there when the dino mates?

Because if you are not there when the dino drops then the chocolate has a 2 minute timer before disappearing.

10 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

The emote and hairstyles are all per character. Each character you have on each server will have to create and consume the items to unlock them, and if you for some reason delete a character that's unlocked them by creating a new character on that server, then you'll have to create and consume the items for that character as well.

Ok thabks you also if someone cut your hair for you and they have the haor can they put it on you or do you have to have that unlocked for your person 

• Volunteer Moderator
57 minutes ago, Pimpn3z3117 said:

Ok thabks you also if someone cut your hair for you and they have the haor can they put it on you or do you have to have that unlocked for your person 

I can't confirm 100%, but I do know that if you have the hair style unlocked and you go to cut someone elses hair who doesn't have the style unlocked, the hair style does appear in the options. But I haven't confirmed trying it. Although even if it did work, i'm not sure they'd be able to cut it again as the style wouldn't be there for them.

34 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I can't confirm 100%, but I do know that if you have the hair style unlocked and you go to cut someone elses hair who doesn't have the style unlocked, the hair style does appear in the options. But I haven't confirmed trying it. Although even if it did work, i'm not sure they'd be able to cut it again as the style wouldn't be there for them.

Ok cause that would make opening up a barber shop cause then you could go out find more if they have more hidden around the world to learn it and cute peoples hair that dont have the time to look for the hair style so they can enjoy the hair styles that they cant do them self adding more to do in game 

It's too bad that PS4 players only get 4 days of this event :( i really wanted the hair but my tribe and i have tried getting the boxes of chocolate however with in the 2 days we have only managed 1 box its impossible for us to breed with all the lag and rubber-banding back and forth. I love the update don't get me wrong and i love the game. it gets frustrating when your trying to play with your friends and everyone is getting upset over the lag and not being able to breed/tame/harvest with the lag. perhaps the next time vday comes around there can be other ways to gather chocolate than just breeding the 5% is really impossible we would need like 100 male and females just to get 1 box. i was all excited about my avatar looking cool but i guess i'll have to wait until another event to have nice hair or something to say that our tribe participated in a cool event.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, jaklinwinters said:

It's too bad that PS4 players only get 4 days of this event :( i really wanted the hair but my tribe and i have tried getting the boxes of chocolate however with in the 2 days we have only managed 1 box its impossible for us to breed with all the lag and rubber-banding back and forth. I love the update don't get me wrong and i love the game. it gets frustrating when your trying to play with your friends and everyone is getting upset over the lag and not being able to breed/tame/harvest with the lag. perhaps the next time vday comes around there can be other ways to gather chocolate than just breeding the 5% is really impossible we would need like 100 male and females just to get 1 box. i was all excited about my avatar looking cool but i guess i'll have to wait until another event to have nice hair or something to say that our tribe participated in a cool event.

It is not ending on 20th for PS4 you are getting full long event. Whatever is on the start-up screen was probably written for the original intended start/finish. It is lasting the full duration.

On 17-2-2017 at 0:06 PM, CCRogerWilco said:

So far me and my tribemates have found 7 boxes in total from 42 breeding females. Checking several times a day. Assuming they have bred every 12 hours, that is an effective drop rate of about 1.5% not 5% or 10%

In the past 7 days, we've had 9 boxes of chocolate from 42 females. We're not online all the time, but just me alone has clocked about 40 hours in ARK over that period and other tribe mates have been online at other times. That leads me to conclude that our current effective drop rate is about 1.6 %

I think there is something wrong in your math.

9 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

In the past 7 days, we've had 9 boxes of chocolate from 42 females. We're not online all the time, but just me alone has clocked about 40 hours in ARK over that period and other tribe mates have been online at other times. That leads me to conclude that our current effective drop rate is about 1.6 %

I think there is something wrong in your math.

I think the issue might be something else. I just logged in and saw 4 (!) Boxes of chocolate. When I picked up the first one, the other 3 despawned.