ARK's Valentine Celebration

Jatheish

Lol soo many people complaining about valentines boxes not dropping i got a box first time i bred a dino. If they had a higher % too many people would be using to tame long tame dinos.

Oh and btw guess i finished my incubation/breeding building just in time gunna have fun got a giga egg parents 236 and 238 ready to hatch and like 6 other eggs cant wait

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, maxiknight said:

why ? seems realistic to me if you think how often you can mate your dinos and 5% is just an average number you can get more or less than that overall 

No, it isn't.

If you want to get 1, you have to mate 20 times.

If you want to get 5 (for example, just the haircut), you have to mate 100 times

If your tribe, composed by for example 5 people, want to have it, you need to mate 500 times

If your tribe want to have all of it, then they have to mate 1500 times.

All of this in one week and having good luck.

Edited by Cucharon

17 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

No, it isn't.

If you want to get 1, you have to mate 20 times.

If you want to get 5 (for example, just the haircut), you have to mate 100 times

If your tribe, composed by for example 5 people, want to have it, you need to mate 500 times

If your tribe want to have all of it, then they have to mate 1500 times.

All of this in one week and having good luck.

The math is more complex. You have to use a binomial distribution to calculate your chances. But the general numbers are somewhere in that area. I calculated 2300 matings for a tribe of 6 to have 98% chance.

That also assumes you are online 24/7 for the entire period to get all the boxes before they despawn. I had one despawn while I was trying to get through my dodo army to get to it. Most people need to sleep,eat, have jobs or school and can't be online for 192 hours straight. 

16 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

The math is more complex. You have to use a binomial distribution to calculate your chances. But the general numbers are somewhere in that area. I calculated 2300 matings for a tribe of 6 to have 98% chance.

That also assumes you are online 24/7 for the entire period to get all the boxes before they despawn. I had one despawn while I was trying to get through my dodo army to get to it. Most people need to sleep,eat, have jobs or school and can't be online for 192 hours straight. 

Well, true, anyway the point is that this 5% is just riddiculous

Hatched loads of babies last night, to take advantage of the maturation speed boost, and only had 3 babies disappear into the abyss. I guess that's improvement.  Would be cool if they'd finally fix tames falling through the map.  No telling how many animals, counting towards my tame cap, just don't exist anymore.  ?

9 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Get a whip!

We added this to our private server, and only have a dozen breeding dodos and just a few other tamed dinos since we started ark 2 weeks ago.

We've not seen one box drop at all, and frankly it feels like a complete waste of time now. If we haven't seen one drop in two full days, and we have 4 players, it would take us two months to unlock the hairstyles for all 4 players, which feels pretty sad to us.

I get that people should have to play to earn these, but the rates are really intended or large established tribes with tons of breeders and tribe members.

Maybe it should have a sliding scale for smaller tribes with fewer members and breeders to give us new players at least a chance of obtaining these event goodies?

After two days of trying to obtain even one, we are pretty much just giving up on it as a non event imbalanced waste of time.

17 minutes ago, Colton1211 said:

We need to start talking about more slots on the smithy or have stuff stack in a higher amount or add prime hide, pelt, chitin/keritin to craft the mastercraft and ascendant

That's what the high level beavers are for. They work like a 300 slot smithy specifically for crafting those items.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, LoneGun said:

The devs should keep the 1.5 Taming and resources indefinitely. Just saying it would make the game a little less farmie. Plus would give everyone on the official severs. Equal access to the resources they're gonna need.

They only recently set the default to 2x, there's no point in making it essentially 3.5x perm any time soon.

On 2017-02-14 at 10:57 AM, GamerPerfection said:

Is it that important that the event starts on Valentines Day? It lasts for a whole week, it is the event that is important, not the date. A lot of people are likely to be busy with their other-halves on Valentines Day anyway.

Put it this way, if the patch dropped on Feb 15th would you enjoy it any less than if it dropped on Feb 14th?

The difference is not a day. They announced we would get tek on the 12th. It's now the 16th. The patch is bugged and the lag is game breaking. Literally killing people and there mounts while Wildcard hides behind their "oh sorry it's just a beta" excuses. This is garbage 

11 hours ago, JenovaProject said:

That's what the high level beavers are for. They work like a 300 slot smithy specifically for crafting those items.

True but solo players and or people with no time to tame will not be abole to get one unless they buy it from someone level 20 take 1hr 30 min personly i will not stay around to tame that low of a level and gali they take forever as well

12 hours ago, Gareee said:

We added this to our private server, and only have a dozen breeding dodos and just a few other tamed dinos since we started ark 2 weeks ago.

We've not seen one box drop at all, and frankly it feels like a complete waste of time now. If we haven't seen one drop in two full days, and we have 4 players, it would take us two months to unlock the hairstyles for all 4 players, which feels pretty sad to us.

I get that people should have to play to earn these, but the rates are really intended or large established tribes with tons of breeders and tribe members.

Maybe it should have a sliding scale for smaller tribes with fewer members and breeders to give us new players at least a chance of obtaining these event goodies?

After two days of trying to obtain even one, we are pretty much just giving up on it as a non event imbalanced waste of time.

I agree i had like 20 dinos breeding for a hr didnt get a single one and they want 5 each no way i will get it as a teibe of two that works and i have two jobs so no weeknd play for me but yea