ARK's Valentine Celebration

Jatheish

2 hours ago, PaleoJoe said:

Do you even read, bro? The sentence before your post had your answer.

And when would they do events for unofficials and not officials? Never.

No need to be rude mate, I don't believe it said that when I made the post, and if you would've read somebody already replied to my comment.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Do we have confirmation on how long this event will last? Someone said 7 weeks in this thread, but that seems really high to me. I play on xbox.

Thx!

7 Days not 7 weeks. On PC it runs until 20th Feb. It is likely on console it will run for 7 days from when it drops.

On 12/02/2017 at 7:03 AM, Illraiseu10dank said:
  • Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Baby Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3
  • Will this be on officials?

Yes by the looks of things buddy 

1 hour ago, SpCowboy said:

Yeah mostly lazzy ppl, I am on officials and already get emote and cosmetics items from turkey and xmas events, and going to get this one too, just need to play every night 5 hrs at least to get it.

I'm not lazy. I have played about 15 hours on Sunday and today to get these items. I have tamed 33 female dodo's to add to the 9 + 1 male we already had. I now have a dodo army of 43, and more fertilized dodo eggs than I can shake a stick at. I still don't have a single box 'o chocolates.

23 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

I have a job. And it's not ARK.

I just bred 10 dodo's and got no boxes. Then I did the math and read the patch notes and ended up posting here.

I had not done mating before and I found it a very tedious process. ( I have played for about 2 months). I had to put the male and one female in a 1x1 pen for it to work, otherwise they would wander to far from each other and the mating would reset. With more than 1 female things would get too crowded and I could not get in or out.

I can play for about 2 hours in the evening. That means that I have about a 50% chance to find a box from a mating. Which means that I need about 100-150 dodo's. If taming each takes 10 minutes, I need about 25 hours to make that dodo army. I don't have 25 hours between now and febr 20.

And each player would need their own 150 dodo army.

I think the odds are ridiculous. I don't like the design of these seasonal events so far. I didn't get any involvement in the Santa Claws thing, except getting a HO HO HO every now and then. And this is also silly. I'm not going to spend all my ARK time over the next week to get maybe enough to unlock one of these things if I get lucky. I also need to feed my tames and tend to the farm and such.

I do have 5 friends in my tribe, but they all have less time than I have. It's called jobs, kids and a life. We are not going to tame 900 dodo's. But we will be very disappointed, just like we were disappointed about the Santa Claws thing. With the current design these seasonal events are not something players like us can participate in. And that's with about 15 hours/week spent on ARK.

The seasonal events I've played in other games would maybe take 15-30 minutes once to get the reward. And they would be fun, not a senseless grind.

I play games in my free time to have fun. This is not fun.

Well maybe less time complaining about senseless BS you'd be able to find a box

On 2/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, NathanAndDaddy said:

Do we have confirmation on how long this event will last? Someone said 7 weeks in this thread, but that seems really high to me. I play on xbox.

Thx!

I have read on another post it will be dropping on the 14th and will last until the 20th for consoles. On the PS4 it has a notification saying vday event will last until the 20th.

My army of 43 dodos has so far not produced a single box 'o chocolates.

Or the Mac client doesn't show them, I can no longer see the recipes in the cooking pot either. I could on the first 254.93 patch but not after the server was updated to the second 254.93 patch.

Edited by CCRogerWilco

58a23dbee73d3_ScreenShot2017-02-14at00_09_07.thumb.jpg.7dc2a48844f57f1b53d83063340a88e5.jpg

I am getting plenty of Fertilized eggs. The server is running 254.93 with -vday, no mods. I'm using the latest Mac client (254.89).

I've just checked all my 42 female dodo's and they all have the mating cooldown.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

My friends/tribemates using the windows client haven't seen any boxes 'o chocolate either.

Edited by CCRogerWilco

4 hours ago, Vicb said:

Well maybe less time complaining about senseless BS you'd be able to find a box

I have spent nearly 20 hours in this game since Sunday morning 8:00. A large part of that collecting dodo's and building a pen that they could not escape from.

I haven't seen a single Box of Chocolates from the 42 dodo's I have now.

I'm going to complain until the event starts working or someone tells me what I'm doing wrong.

So far I'm still very disappointed. I don't have a lot of time left this week, I need to work for the next 6 days.

Until now it's been even less fun than the Santa Claws event, because I just ignored that one. This one I tried but haven't gotten anything.

37 minutes ago, Dam Son said:

it does effect the gestation period. not sure how the duration reduction goes.

I am guessing if it takes 8 hours for gestation, that would take 8 X 60 = 480 minutes and divide it by 3?

Yes, exactly like that. During the event the gestation and incubation times are 1/3 of the regular times.

@ishi

Edited by hpbaxx