ARK's Valentine Celebration

Jatheish

24 minutes ago, Phelioz said:

Finally some event that involves breeding :D !!!! Also, this event saved 3 spino babies lives since I had to quit yesterday before they matured to juvenille... :P Thought I would've found empty spaces today because i didnt knew about the event, but they were all there, alive and well :)

Is the imprint bonus x3? 

6 hours ago, Mephos said:

chocolate lasts for 6h in player inventory and 24 DAYS in the fridge. what we did was we just tamed millions of dodos, put them on wandering in a pen and let them automatically breed on cooldown. since the box has 6h spoil timer we check every few hours for new heart boxes. taming a dodo takes you about 10 minutes if low level even low. you can punch it to knock it out and feed mejo from the bushes around so no actually stuff is needed to play this event (so any level 1 could do it). 

we just got 2 boxes from 15 dodos which I consider very lucky. every 20 dodos should give roughly 1 box (5%) so if you want to have 15 boxes you need ~ 300 dodo breeds. considered this runs until the 20th you have 8 days. every ~12h a dodo can mate again (since their in the box they automatically mate on cooldown, no action needed). you can do it roughly twice a day which results in 300/2/8 = ~19 .. if you have 19 dodos over 8 days, twice a day mating you have the average chance of 15 boxes = 3 emotes. 

so you tell me you can´t tame 19 dodos (+ 1 - 2 males) and just throw them in a pen on wandering?

to be save we will tame about 100-300 dodo females and dozent of males because we want to also use the chocolate for mosa tames etc. or gigas. even this I don´t consider a lot actually. 

I have a job. And it's not ARK.

I just bred 10 dodo's and got no boxes. Then I did the math and read the patch notes and ended up posting here.

I had not done mating before and I found it a very tedious process. ( I have played for about 2 months). I had to put the male and one female in a 1x1 pen for it to work, otherwise they would wander to far from each other and the mating would reset. With more than 1 female things would get too crowded and I could not get in or out.

I can play for about 2 hours in the evening. That means that I have about a 50% chance to find a box from a mating. Which means that I need about 100-150 dodo's. If taming each takes 10 minutes, I need about 25 hours to make that dodo army. I don't have 25 hours between now and febr 20.

And each player would need their own 150 dodo army.

I think the odds are ridiculous. I don't like the design of these seasonal events so far. I didn't get any involvement in the Santa Claws thing, except getting a HO HO HO every now and then. And this is also silly. I'm not going to spend all my ARK time over the next week to get maybe enough to unlock one of these things if I get lucky. I also need to feed my tames and tend to the farm and such.

I do have 5 friends in my tribe, but they all have less time than I have. It's called jobs, kids and a life. We are not going to tame 900 dodo's. But we will be very disappointed, just like we were disappointed about the Santa Claws thing. With the current design these seasonal events are not something players like us can participate in. And that's with about 15 hours/week spent on ARK.

The seasonal events I've played in other games would maybe take 15-30 minutes once to get the reward. And they would be fun, not a senseless grind.

I play games in my free time to have fun. This is not fun.

Edited by CCRogerWilco

7 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Only 5% ????

With the 6 players in my tribe, we need to breed ~1800 animals to have a 50% of all getting 15 box'o chocolates. About 2300 to have 99% chance.

That means you need hundreds of dinos constantly mating to have any decent chance of getting these things.

Given those numbers, and the Box 'o Chocolates decomposing in 2 minutes (wiki) I'm not even going to try. I tried with our dodo army of 10, but nothing.

I can't see the server coping with this and given the hitboxes of most dinos and mating ranges, a pen full of them is going to be impossible to navigate to get to the boxes in time.

I have a job, I'm not going to take a week off and not sleep to get 2 hair styles and an emote. And even then I don't think it's feasible, at least not for our whole tribe.

I was looking forward to this event, but now I'm just very disappointed as I'm not able to participate in any reasonable way.

The same was true for the Santa Claws event, I had to ignore that one as well.

Very disappointed.

Man, people will complain about anything nowadays.

5 hours ago, hpbaxx said:

By the way, is it still possible to get 100% imprint now?

I got 32% on a Ptera at about 30% maturation progress, which means 64% at 60%, 96% at 90%, 96% at 100% maturation, no?

Now I can confirm it is impossible for at least Pteras...

I just got mine to 97% imprint, while maturation progress is at around 90%. Next imprint in 3.5 hours, when it will already be grown up.