ARK's Valentine Celebration

Jatheish

• Administrator

Love is in the air and what better way to celebrate Valentines Day than with our #MateBoosted Event!

large.2.jpg

The ARK will be placed under Cupid's loving spell. With this event, Survivors will be gain the ability to learn one new emote, as well as a new stylish hairstyle for each gender. Creatures have also been affected by Cupid's spell in the following way:

• They have a 5% chance to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate. Boxes of Chocolate can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature's taming affinity bar.

All servers (including Officials) using the following commandline parameter: -vday can get some extra mate-boosted bonuses:

• Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Creature Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

large.3.jpg

Make sure to relaunch your Steam Clients to get the latest update!

Survivors also have the opportunity to send out their own customs Valentines Day card to their loved ones. Head over to http://playark.com/valentines/  and create your custom card! Be sure to send us a tweet with your image attached and the #MateBoosted,so that over the course of the week we can retweet your loving messages! 

large.MateBoosted.JPG

The update & event will be coming console later this week once the Major Content version releases!

Thank you, Happy Valentines, and we hope you enjoy this loving festive holiday!

Wildcard Jat and the Wildcard Team :Jerblove:

View full article

4 minutes ago, Illraiseu10dank said:
  • Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Baby Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3
  • Will this be on officials?

Yes, it is on official. The home page on this site specified so.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, metagod said:

" They have a 5% chance to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate "

They drop a box but nothing in my inventory when i pick it up. Happened to two of my tribe mates as well

Can you check to see if you've updated your Steam client please? 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, metagod said:

" They have a 5% chance to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate "

They drop a box but nothing in my inventory when i pick it up. Happened to two of my tribe mates as well

Ah sorry about that, please restart your Steam Client to update to v254.93, and then you'll be able to see the Cholocates within your Inventory!

Cheers,
Jeremy

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Ah sorry about that, please restart your Steam Client to update to v254.93, and then you'll be able to see the Cholocates within your Inventory!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thought I had updated already as I restarted and downloaded an update after the servers were taken down. I just restarted it again and there was another update to my client so hopefully this fixes it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, xSkulleh said:

When using the box of chocolates for taming, will that reduce taming effectiveness or?? is it possible to use two of those and get a perfect tame?

It won't reduce taming effectiveness, it just halves the taming process. If I remember correctly from last year you could only use 1 box o' chocolates per tame.

Only 5% ????

With the 6 players in my tribe, we need to breed ~1800 animals to have a 50% of all getting 15 box'o chocolates. About 2300 to have 99% chance.

That means you need hundreds of dinos constantly mating to have any decent chance of getting these things.

Given those numbers, and the Box 'o Chocolates decomposing in 2 minutes (wiki) I'm not even going to try. I tried with our dodo army of 10, but nothing.

I can't see the server coping with this and given the hitboxes of most dinos and mating ranges, a pen full of them is going to be impossible to navigate to get to the boxes in time.

I have a job, I'm not going to take a week off and not sleep to get 2 hair styles and an emote. And even then I don't think it's feasible, at least not for our whole tribe.

I was looking forward to this event, but now I'm just very disappointed as I'm not able to participate in any reasonable way.

The same was true for the Santa Claws event, I had to ignore that one as well.

Very disappointed.

Edited by CCRogerWilco

51 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Given those numbers, and the Box 'o Chocolates decomposing in 2 minutes (wiki) I'm not even going to try. I tried with our dodo army of 10, but nothing.

chocolate lasts for 6h in player inventory and 24 DAYS in the fridge. what we did was we just tamed millions of dodos, put them on wandering in a pen and let them automatically breed on cooldown. since the box has 6h spoil timer we check every few hours for new heart boxes. taming a dodo takes you about 10 minutes if low level even low. you can punch it to knock it out and feed mejo from the bushes around so no actually stuff is needed to play this event (so any level 1 could do it). 

we just got 2 boxes from 15 dodos which I consider very lucky. every 20 dodos should give roughly 1 box (5%) so if you want to have 15 boxes you need ~ 300 dodo breeds. considered this runs until the 20th you have 8 days. every ~12h a dodo can mate again (since their in the box they automatically mate on cooldown, no action needed). you can do it roughly twice a day which results in 300/2/8 = ~19 .. if you have 19 dodos over 8 days, twice a day mating you have the average chance of 15 boxes = 3 emotes. 

so you tell me you can´t tame 19 dodos (+ 1 - 2 males) and just throw them in a pen on wandering?

to be save we will tame about 100-300 dodo females and dozent of males because we want to also use the chocolate for mosa tames etc. or gigas. even this I don´t consider a lot actually. 

These rates are mega savage and imo will make people (see above) tame loads of dinos they wouldnt normally, adding extra strain to servers (most of which seem to be struggling as is) for the sake of making it 'challenging'. In reality there is no challenge except the ballache of breeding loads of poop dinos; nudging closer to the tamed dino cap whilst simultaneously adding needless load on the server, just so each time they breed you get a 5% chance of getting 1/15th of the stuff you need. Not a challenge; just a frustration.

Edited by thedogowl
grammar

18 minutes ago, Mephos said:

chocolate lasts for 6h in player inventory and 24 DAYS in the fridge. what we did was we just tamed millions of dodos, put them on wandering in a pen and let them automatically breed on cooldown. since the box has 6h spoil timer we check every few hours for new heart boxes. taming a dodo takes you about 10 minutes if low level even low. you can punch it to knock it out and feed mejo from the bushes around so no actually stuff is needed to play this event (so any level 1 could do it). 

we just got 2 boxes from 15 dodos which I consider very lucky. every 20 dodos should give roughly 1 box (5%) so if you want to have 15 boxes you need ~ 300 dodo breeds. considered this runs until the 20th you have 8 days. every ~12h a dodo can mate again (since their in the box they automatically mate on cooldown, no action needed). you can do it roughly twice a day which results in 300/2/8 = ~19 .. if you have 19 dodos over 8 days, twice a day mating you have the average chance of 15 boxes = 3 emotes. 

so you tell me you can´t tame 19 dodos (+ 1 - 2 males) and just throw them in a pen on wandering?

to be save we will tame about 100-300 dodo females and dozent of males because we want to also use the chocolate for mosa tames etc. or gigas. even this I don´t consider a lot actually. 

1h 50 in Scorched Earth...

Any patch/info/update on the steam+linux break with the new valentines update is appreciated.. Crashes on startup.. can sometimes get to the main menu, click on options/local/join and moments later it crashes.. 

Failed to find shader map for default material WorldGridMaterial!  Please make sure cooking was successful.