Tips for First Plesiosaur Tame

BM0neyBagZ

2 hours ago, Reach1989 said:

Build a trap near an air bubble if you're playing on the center. Around 22 88 is a good spot. Mosasaur and plesi spawn there regularly. 

The trap can be a square of behemoth gates, stone pillars, and ceilings on top to cover the top so they don't swim up. Almost like a wyvern trap. 

Sorry I should've mentioned I'm playing on the island lol but this is still a useful for when I play on the center thank you :)

I have tamed two 150 plesiosausr, with a primitive crossbow, using this method: get yourself an ichthy. Any level. ride the ichthy and shoot the crossboe from its back (mounted combat). when it gets too close, swim past it to get behind it. shoot it again. repeat. Super easy and the ichthy can tank a surprisingly large amount of hits. Much easier to set up than a trap

1 hour ago, DeweyDecimal said:

Wild plesios won't swim to the surface, you can use this to swim just above it while shooting tranq safely, no tames or traps needed (though without a trap, it's exposed to mantas and sharks)

I was planning on luring it into a underwater cave in the snow biome, the cave is big enough to let a plesiosaur In and out. (even with behemoth gates). But I don't know how I would be able to kill the 2ND one seeing how they usually come in pairs.

4 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I have tamed two 150 plesiosausr, with a primitive crossbow, using this method: get yourself an ichthy. Any level. ride the ichthy and shoot the crossboe from its back (mounted combat). when it gets too close, swim past it to get behind it. shoot it again. repeat. Super easy and the ichthy can tank a surprisingly large amount of hits. Much easier to set up than a trap

The problem I think don't know how to solve is how would I get it away from its friend because they usually come in 2 and idk how easy they are to kill with a sarco or ichthy.

You don't need to build anything underwater. You don't need to kite it into a cave and probably die by doing so.

Respec your points into Oxygen with a Mindwipe and try to get about 800-900 Oxygen. Then just swim down in a set of Scuba and Lazarus Chowder and shoot the Plesio. You will be able to outswim it and everything else with ease.

I don't know if this is true for all servers, but on official 90% of the time a plesi is level 35. And i saw on another topic, the level 35s spawn with level 1 stats. You may be lucky and kill it if thats the case. (They never spawn lower than 35). They have like 2k hp and do 75 damage. Not that hard, what are the stats on your sarco? And are you on official? And ichthy wont be able to kill it. But crossbow with stone arrows might. 

8 minutes ago, BM0neyBagZ said:

The problem I think don't know how to solve is how would I get it away from its friend because they usually come in 2 and idk how easy they are to kill with a sarco or ichthy.

7 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I don't know if this is true for all servers, but on official 90% of the time a plesi is level 35. And i saw on another topic, the level 35s spawn with level 1 stats. You may be lucky and kill it if thats the case. (They never spawn lower than 35). They have like 2k hp and do 75 damage. Not that hard, what are the stats on your sarco? And are you on official? And ichthy wont be able to kill it. But crossbow with stone arrows might. 

Yea I'm playing on official and My sarco has 5K health 1600 stamina 300 melee and 160 speed (it's level 215) with a mc saddle 

5 minutes ago, BM0neyBagZ said:

My sarco has 5K health 1600 stamina 300 melee and 160 speed (it's level 215) with a mc saddle 

You can kill a plesiosaur. Maybe not the highest level ones, or two at once, but I'm confident that'll work. I dont think you can tranq from it's back though. And if it doesnt work just swim upwards, the plesi wont follow. Max level plesis have 9-10k hp in my experience

Sarco can easily survive a few hits and may be able to kill a lower level plesiosaur. and if you're ever low on health you can swim to a certain depth and they won't hit you. What i do is grab scuba gear, scout for a lower level maybe 35 for your first time. Swim around above it with tame following you on passive and you can keep swimming to a certain depth and nail it with tranqs as it will go back deeper into the sea once you reach that certain depth. have a rex on land getting prime( if no kibble) once the plesiosaur is starved and you have a safe amount of prime, transfer all prime from rex to icthy or sarco, swim out to starved plesi and then transfer all into the plesiosaur and it should tame .

12 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

You don't need to build anything underwater. You don't need to kite it into a cave and probably die by doing so.

Respec your points into Oxygen with a Mindwipe and try to get about 800-900 Oxygen. Then just swim down in a set of Scuba and Lazarus Chowder and shoot the Plesio. You will be able to outswim it and everything else with ease.

My friend told me to try this method, but I was looking to see if there was a better way to do it 

Just now, BM0neyBagZ said:

My friend told me to try this method, but I was looking to see if there was a better way to do it 

If you want to spend ressources and time on building a cage, trying to lure a Plesio into that cage, then you're 100% safe from the Plesio. But if you just get a high Oxygen, you just have to be cautious that you don't swim into a Mosas mouth when you kite the Plesio around. 900 Oxygen and Scuba flippers make you outswim everything besides Alpha Mosas. But noone would be brave enough to tame anything in the victinity of an Alpha Mosa. It's up to you if you kite a Plesio with Oxygen, or if you build a cage. But not building a cage is obviously cheaper and less time consuming.

If it were me I would be looking for as high a level as I could find. Don't go taming one of those lv35's you will be disappointed. A high level with a tad of extra speed and the majority split between health and mellee (maybe a couple into stamina if low) is a pretty decent ride. Good speed, with decent hitting power and can tank multiple plessies and single mosas head on no probs. 

One thing to remember about Plesis, level 35 IS their level 1. So when judging their stats, subtract 34 levels from what it tells you it is and plug that into the calculator, then keep in mind that water tames have 2 stats that they can put points in with no benefit, so you're going to get a lot that look like crappy dinos when you check their stats if you don't keep this in mind.

Personally, I'd rather wait a little and tame a mosa. The key to surviving the deep sea is with a bigger stick. The plessie is neither here nor there. If you're going for deep sea loot crates, just go for an ichty. Just look both sides before dismounting. The plessie is just too slow and runs out of steam too quickly.

The mosa can help you advance to Tek tier in terms of black pearls.

If you're building a trap, build it big enough for mosas. Tame your plessie and start working towards that mosa

On 11.2.2017 at 8:55 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

The disadvantage of a cage its that its immobile. However if thats what you are going for I would suggest a raft cage for mobility.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fT6UNBimbaw

This.

Already did this with plesios and mosas, very good strategy. I would advice to make the disposable parts out of wood/thatch though.

Archived