Invasion & Total Destruction

Pendragon

My base has been destroyed by invaders from another server...

I am sorry if this isn't the place to report this, but I do not know where else to go.

The server I was on is PVE-NA-ScorchedEarth 764. My location was around 25-50. My tribe was called COVEN, my name HEXX.

As you can see, it is a PVE server, not pvp.

They apparently came swooping in from another server, kiting rock golems into peoples bases. There were 5-6 bases destroyed by this group of... people...

My base was one of them. I have been on this server since the beginning. I bought, installed, & played SE the day it was released. I am an avid fan of it & love it & ARK dearly. There are both good & bad people that play, but the issue of invaders is untenable. 

I have heard of this happening on pvp servers, but never pve. I don't understand the mentality of this. It seems to not only be an attack on ARK's players, but on ARK itself. If not, then why do it?

I am completely besides myself. I built up my base by myself, a 1 person tribe. Months of work, taming & stockpiling...gone... The only thing I could think of doing was leaving the server. There were some good people on this server that rallied around me. But I am a single player & just couldn't bring myself to start again. So I gave what i had left to the players that were there for me... THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT WERE THERE... I just couldn't start again, after much trial & tribulation, many restarts to my base because of natural ARK problems, the invasion was the last straw.

All in all, this has made me run into the safety of a server run by a you tuber who cares about what happens & keeps it safe from negative human behavior. I thank GOD for him. BUT, at the same time, I am saddened that there are people in this world that thinks the invasion & destruction of peoples bases & servers is OK... IT IS NOT...

Please ARK, fix this problem, stop this blight on the game.

I really don't know what to do, or what else to say. Except that I loved my animals, & my beautiful base on SE.

I am devastated. 

People... I CARE...

20161113180614_1.jpg

Thankyou xSkulleh. But just to let you know that they kited WILD rock golems into people's bases. They do this because they know that they can't destroy bases themselves on PVE, so they lure the wild beasts to the unsuspecting victim's bases.

They are not even settlers in the server. They are just invaders from another server using the obelisk as a way to do this, just wanting to create havoc, & to destroy communities already there.

They have no intention of settling there themselves.

They are cowards, & then they quickly leave after their wanton, destructive behaviour.

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Thankyou xSkulleh. But just to let you know that they kited WILD rock golems into people's bases. They do this because they know that they can't destroy bases themselves on PVE, so they lure the wild beasts to the unsuspecting victim's bases.

They are not even settlers in the server. They are just invaders from another server using the obelisk as a way to do this, just wanting to create havoc, & to destroy communities already there.

They have no intention of settling there themselves.

They are cowards, & then they quickly leave after their wanton, destructive behaviour.

According to WC, this is "working as intended" and they are not going to do anything about it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you 100% on this as it's happened to me multiple times already, I've lost everything for the 3rd-4th time now, I did have tribemates but I'm primarily solo now, I've submitted tickets to no avail just to get the same generic response you get for any other issues. Best thing to do is keep your chin up and unfortunately start over. But this time surround your base with metal structures. Metal billboards seem to work just fine =]

I feel your loss.

I find that the only solution is to have your own private server and only invite friends to play on the server.

The official servers and how they are managed are just a breeding ground for bullies and griefers. It only creates paranoia and distrust.

The game is designed wrong in my opinion. Both the PvP and the PvE (vP).

• 2 weeks later...

On 04/03/2017 at 5:23 AM, CCRogerWilco said:

I feel your loss.

I find that the only solution is to have your own private server and only invite friends to play on the server.

The official servers and how they are managed are just a breeding ground for bullies and griefers. It only creates paranoia and distrust.

The game is designed wrong in my opinion. Both the PvP and the PvE (vP).

I agree with you... I have moved to a private server & no longer have the anxiety of 'possibly' losing my base and loved animals anymore... I am now able to enjoy the game.

After all, that's what we are supposed to be able to do... enjoy the game...

Now I can play the game without any stress at all...

:D

So let me get this straight...

You played for months and never decided to put metal gates around your base? You seem to have a small base it could have easily been done.

Scorched is not a server to "Tame and Stockpile" if you are not gonna Protect that of which you are acquiring. Im sorry to hear that you have been wiped, however you never took the steps to protect yourself from griefers.

Also the mentality that "This is PVE" is a passive mentality and you will be wiped at some point. Just the way PVE is. Im sure you have heard of other ppl being wiped by golems. A simple search on this forum would show many, many, many threads on the matter with me saying the same thing in the ones I see.

PROTECT YOUR BASE, USE METAL DINO GATE FRAMES AT THE VERY LEAST THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PENETRATE YOU BASE.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:54 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

You played for months and never decided to put metal gates around your base? You seem to have a small base it could have easily been done.

Scorched is not a server to "Tame and Stockpile" if you are not gonna Protect that of which you are acquiring. Im sorry to hear that you have been wiped, however you never took the steps to protect yourself from griefers.

Also the mentality that "This is PVE" is a passive mentality and you will be wiped at some point. Just the way PVE is. Im sure you have heard of other ppl being wiped by golems. A simple search on this forum would show many, many, many threads on the matter with me saying the same thing in the ones I see.

PROTECT YOUR BASE, USE METAL DINO GATE FRAMES AT THE VERY LEAST THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PENETRATE YOU BASE.

^^^^^

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:54 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Try that on primetive.

Its pve you should not have to protect youre base from brainless people that think its fun to destroy. A golem is not spawning next to your base and if it spawn you do not run to your base. This is just trolling. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, Awakatanka said:

Try that on primetive.

Its pve you should not have to protect youre base from brainless people that think its fun to destroy. A golem is not spawning next to your base and if it spawn you do not run to your base. This is just trolling. 

"ITS PVE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO" but you do and if you don't enjoy reading the red text of all the stuff that could have been saved.

I suggest you leave your door open at night and your car unlocked as well. Cuz you know, they shouldn't steal from you riiiiight???

1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

"ITS PVE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO" but you do and if you don't enjoy reading the red text of all the stuff that could have been saved.

I suggest you leave your door open at night and your car unlocked as well. Cuz you know, they shouldn't steal from you riiiiight???

In real life there is no choose between pve and pvp. So... what are you saying?

And if i do what you are saying there will be someone that will do something about that. They are called police. Here we have them to.. they called admins but the do nothing...

3 hours ago, Awakatanka said:

In real life there is no choose between pve and pvp. So... what are you saying?

And if i do what you are saying there will be someone that will do something about that. They are called police. Here we have them to.. they called admins but the do nothing...

If Everyone left the door open instead of taking the necessary steps to protect themselves (lock your doors, protect your tames) Im sure the police would be overwhelmed with what was happening too. Execept, people aren't that naïve and protect that which is theirs in the real world.

If you wanna be naïve, go ahead and leave your dinos in the open. Just don't cry to an admin when you get wiped in pve cuz "they shouldn't have done that". We already have non grabbing megas/tuso's cuz people like you refuse to put your dinos in a pen and take the lazy approach and instead resort to crying about things getting dropped in your base/losing dinos to greifers.

45 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

If Everyone left the door open instead of taking the necessary steps to protect themselves (lock your doors, protect your tames) Im sure the police would be overwhelmed with what was happening too. Execept, people aren't that naïve and protect that which is theirs in the real world.

If you wanna be naïve, go ahead and leave your dinos in the open. Just don't cry to an admin when you get wiped in pve cuz "they shouldn't have done that". We already have non grabbing megas/tuso's cuz people like you refuse to put your dinos in a pen and take the lazy approach and instead resort to crying about things getting dropped in your base/losing dinos to greifers.

Ok just defend the griefer and except that they ruining other players pleasure. What a bullcrap.  Why does a pve player have to defend his tame/base against players. He did not choose to play like that. A pve player has choosen not to play against other players our players the bring "the E to you" excuses. The griever can play pvp, but propably he is to stupid to play that.

WC could simple make a piece of code that a wild animal only argo the player he is hit by of was near him. A piece of code that then will not attack a tame our building owned by another player. only if a tame from another player stands on agresive then you can blame the player to be naive.

Im a pvp player and respect the choose of a pve player. 

Archived