Survival Servers.

JozBoss

So I've been a customer with Survival servers for years now.

However recently they've turned up to be a host with a lot of issues.

Huge ping issues if the server is up for more than 2 hours.

No support for 48H straight, nothing seems to be done about the bad performance of the server.

They know it is destroying my player base, however they don't seem to care about it.

So I tried to post my review on the forums ( survival servers ) to only find myself in a mod queue which means they control what posts are going to be posted and which aren't.

When I found out I realized, why not post my review over here, where everybody can see how it goes over there.

Of course I would love to hear your opinions about this host as well.

So after hosting with them for about 2 years now ( On and off ) I've decided it's time to write a review.

It is a great company, as long as they manage their staff.

Usually support was great, replies within 12-24Hours as it should be.

How ever, lately the service has been quite disgusting and annoying.

I understand that when the high traffic comes in, it takes a bit longer, but 48 hours ? No that is not acceptable.

Especially on matters that are destroying your customers, because why would somebody keep a server, when the performance on it is just horrible, you can compare it to a potato at the moment.

For the last 7 days, my player base have been trying to bear with the lagg, as I told them the host will fix it as soon as possible, how ever I have not seen any attempt to fix it, or to look into it.

I understand that the support staff must be overwhelmed with people looking for help, however if the staff team isn't big enough something should change.

Maybe in the form of support, like different sections such as :

Server performance

Invoice support

General inquiries

Status unknown

So you have dedicated staff working on dedicated things, this way you can assign as much staff to one section instead of 2 simple selections.

This could speed up the process of help offered.

As for performance related to the server :

The past year the performance was great, I've been a loyal customer to survival servers for quite a time.

So when ever they fix the issues they have, I`m sure they'll be back to performing just great.

However with the speed of the support staff right now, I wouldn't host again with them.

It is destroying my server, which takes ages to build a decent player foundation because of so many choices to play on. ( I am talking about Ark: Survival Evolved )

Also I don't even know if this review is going to be posted, as I am placed on moderator queue because I don't even know, probably to prevent me from making topics spilling bad beans about how slow it all is, but you know what? As a paying customer I have the right to expect some kind of service, in a timely manner.

I will update this as my billing cycle continues.

Kind regards,

• 1 month later...

We had our server on Survivialservers and i can just say WHAT a piece of poop.

Server running as low as 2.5fps with 8 people online.  We got moved to a "brand new 4.0ghz" server and got promise after promise that the issues should be resolved. It only got worse. They tech support have no clue what they are doing. They even suggested to me that i should change the graphical settings ON THE SERVER to get more server fps and lower ping. 

My advice is STAY AWAY !!!!

We are now on bluefang and holy mother of ... what a good company. Superfast support, superfast setup, damn good server (that we are hosted on at least)

16 minutes ago, Adamzon said:

We had our server on Survivialservers and i can just say WHAT a piece of poop.

Server running as low as 2.5fps with 8 people online.  We got moved to a "brand new 4.0ghz" server and got promise after promise that the issues should be resolved. It only got worse. They tech support have no clue what they are doing. They even suggested to me that i should change the graphical settings ON THE SERVER to get more server fps and lower ping. 

My advice is STAY AWAY !!!!

We are now on bluefang and holy mother of ... what a good company. Superfast support, superfast setup, damn good server (that we are hosted on at least)

Opinions are like a**holes , everyone has one , we have been using Survival Servers for years , no problems , even running top 5 servers in certain games , Remember , before you attack someone that ......... Sometimes the problem is between the keyboard and the chair :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2017 at 10:49 AM, G0blin said:

Opinions are like a**holes , everyone has one , we have been using Survival Servers for years , no problems , even running top 5 servers in certain games , Remember , before you attack someone that ......... Sometimes the problem is between the keyboard and the chair :D

"certain games" don't matter, ARK is only relevant here and they are kinda poopy service for ARK since a lot of other games don't have such high hosting requirements.

Archived