Scorched Earth bronto base help wanted

Ashslayer

I wanna use a kibble tamed 150 bronto as a mobile base on PVE. I've acquired a nice fertilized lightning wyvern egg and wanna get to and from SE as fast as I can. I was thinking of building a stone base on its back with some storage, but mainly beds and standing torches to hatch the baby. I'd bring some argents and rexes for protection while offline of course. My friend's got a trap on a SE server he says I can use to get milk so that's covered. Now I just need some help on ideas to make the base most secure. Like has anyone made an efficient outline for such a thing before? Do I wanna make double walls? Maybe one layer of walls, then a layer of pillars and then have the real walls for the real room. How about extending some walls downwards as body armor?

Or is the idea so dumb I should just build a small adobe base on SE and take it from there?

Why not just raise the wyvern on the island/center?

Build a tiny hut on metal pillars near the trap that can house a bed and some birds (full enclosure). Harvest the milk, place it in the dino (or vulture) w. pres salts and fly to the obelisk. Build a tiny house to house your ptera/vulture and run to the obelisk / transfer back to your main base and stash the salts + milk in the pres. bin. Place the milk + salts in your inventory and not directly in the terminal.

If done right, the milk should last for longer than it would of in SE.

If you would rather move the bronto base over, consider the fact that you don't have continuous power and in the areas you do, there are deathworms that might kill the bronto. You need the power to maintain auto-turrets for wyvern defense as they can sometimes stray anywhere on the map.

17 hours ago, Kadjunga said:

Why not just raise the wyvern on the island/center?

Build a tiny hut on metal pillars near the trap that can house a bed and some birds (full enclosure). Harvest the milk, place it in the dino (or vulture) w. pres salts and fly to the obelisk. Build a tiny house to house your ptera/vulture and run to the obelisk / transfer back to your main base and stash the salts + milk in the pres. bin. Place the milk + salts in your inventory and not directly in the terminal.

If done right, the milk should last for longer than it would of in SE.

If you would rather move the bronto base over, consider the fact that you don't have continuous power and in the areas you do, there are deathworms that might kill the bronto. You need the power to maintain auto-turrets for wyvern defense as they can sometimes stray anywhere on the map.

I heard there was a transfer cooldown period, so if I go to SE to get milk I may not be able to get back to the island for 24h. I'm thinking at this point I better transfer over some allos, 2 rexes, an anky and build a house on SE. After everything is built and set up, I will bring over the egg.

Archived