ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

Are there any plans for adding chat customisation and chat tabs (like you see in most MMOs)?

It would be great to have separate tabs per chat type (global, local, tribe, alliance).

Posibility to create user generated chat channels (or alternatively admin created chat channels on dedicated servers) would be a bonus so we could create for example LFG and Trade channels.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Since you are actively wanted people to go in to the water have you considered of being able to make pontoons that you can put into foundation to make water bridges and floating bases instead on needing to put pillars on the sea floor

and

2 Can your reverse the movement speed change to no tame severs cuz it mess up the balance of point distribution Cuz as it is now dumb

These are two seperate questions.

1. Because it is such an iconic dinosaur (and in real life it was capable of taking on an adult T Rex), can we expect any changes to the Triceratops to make it more viable in PvP and late game? Or maybe another PvP oriented ceratopsian?

2. Can we expect any sorts of wagons or chariots in the near future?

hi guys i had a thought and would love to know what you think about it and weather or not it could be a viaable option for the game. 

Background info

Like most of everyone here i fly around on my bird all day everyday looking,  usuall looking for beaver damns that havent been raided and wood left in them or chasing loot drops. pretty sure if your not grinding reasources this is all you do other than looking for tames

My idea comes in two parts

1, Imprint your fovourite dino

i think for your favourite dino or maybe even 1 from each speices you should be able to imprint at any stage not to gain levels by a means of showing affection and extra earing the loyalty of said creature. By petting it regularly, maybe hand feeding its favourite food on a regualrl basis etc. And thus doing so creating/ unlocking some better features of the dino which leads into my 2nd part

2 Whistle to be picked up

if say you have spent the time with your favourite dino for agers and say you decide to go beaver damn hunting or swiming for loot drops i think there would be super handy and awesome option to have a whitsle for flyers or even big carnos to whitsle PICK Up.  So say you dropped into the water to get a couple beaver damns , and bam two high level beaver materialize out of no where and hit  your for all youve got, you could simply whistle pick up/mount to your flyer or land dino and even sea mount and they would swim to you and you could like instant mount them.

no more pesky beavers or even worse pirana's suprise attacking you and the same for pretty much any event weather you jsut out walking about and get surprised by a troodon  you could whistle for a pick up and be in some what safer hands but only to a dino that you have spent the time imprints as your favourite dino

Can we have the option to allow tribe alliances and locking storage for an option on Xbox dedicated servers with ORP set?  I have set up a server to play Ark with my daughter but she wants her own tribe and we cannot set alliances with ORP on.  We have ORP on to help protect our bases and tames while we are not online which requires PVP.  Also would be nice to have the ability to lock things when we use ORP which is not currently possible.  I understand why these are not allowed on officials but we aren't going to be abusing the system on our own dedicated server.  LOL :)

While on the topic of making servers for family and friends to play on, can we get more ways to limit who can connect to the server that I own and maintain?  It's way too easy for a random to join, even if I set a server password someone can join as a "friend" of someone I've allowed on the server.  I only plan to add folks I know and trust to play with my daughter and right now there's no way for me to make it a fun place to play if anyone can join without my approval.

Thank you!

I know you have a lot of TLC passes planned for different areas (initial dinos, UI etc) - Do you have a TLC pass planned for the build system? Or irrigation/electrical wiring? If so, do you have a teaser for us what your plans are?
My main problem with them is finding snap points, clipping/non-alignment (pillars + roofs, roofs + foundations) and not being able to pick things up again.

Any chance that either the Oviraptor changes or that a new dino will be added that collects eggs and stores them in its inventory for easy collection later? Are there any design or ideological considerations preventing such a dinosaur from being added?
I.e. should I stop hoping for one? :P

Will we see the crop plots having different slot counts and inventory capacity depending on their sizes?
That way, a large crop plot would be useful for berries as well. It would also benefit the players not playing every day so that they don't come back to a wilted garden every time.

Oh, and another thing: I may have misunderstood, but as I read the announcement for the Valentine's celebration (quoted below) only the second list (Mate Boosted Range, Mating Speed + recovery, Maturing and Incubation speed and Baby Food Consumption) was included with the commandline parameter -vday. As I understood it, the first part, with the emotes, hairstyles and Boxes of Chocolate, is only included until the next patch. So, to my questions:
A. Is this correct (i.e. no chocolate and no possibility to learn emotes and hairstyles after the next patch)?

B. If yes on A: Is there a possibility us server hosts could choose to host the full events at will? Like if Australians wanted to host the christmas event in July, if I wanted to host a Valentine's Day event to honour someone on the server getting married, etc etc. What I'm after is whether you would consider letting us server hosts fully control the events on our server, including the parts you usually add and remove with patches...

With this event, Survivors will be gain the ability to learn one new emote, as well as a new stylish hairstyle for each gender. Creatures have also been affected by Cupid's spell in the following way:

• They have a 5% chance to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate. Boxes of Chocolate can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature's taming affinity bar.

All servers (including Officials) using the following commandline parameter: -vday can get some extra mate-boosted bonuses:

• Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Creature Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

Edit: Sorry for the double post!

Not really a question, just random thoughts in no particular order -

• Small Boat or Canoe - similar to the raft in that it is safe from fish, but vulnerable to amphibious, land or air creatures.  Similar to Galli & tapajara saddle in that it has a "driver" and two passengers.  Able to go forward AND Backward (I would love to have reverse on the raft, but skipping that for now).  Much faster than the raft.  Not a platform like the raft, so no building on it. 
  • Diplo - I accept that this dino is not intended to do damage.  I would like it to have a non-damaging "stun" (for escape) similar to the Baryonyx.  If you can weaponize a plant, you should be able to partially weaponize a creature this size.
  • Parasaur - This dino needs something, I just don't know what.  For a long time it's just been walking meat.  It's very skittish and has that huge noggin.  Maybe potential threats would glow while riding it.  Kind of a low tech inferior version of the tek helmet?  I don't know... I'm at a loss on the poor ol' parasaur.
  • Beer Barrel - change it to a Fermenting Barrel.  Berries would still make beer (should probably be wine?)   Starchy advanced crops (long grass, savoroots & carrots) would make ethanol (an alternate gasoline).
  • Harpoon gun - an underwater version of the Longneck.  Can use tranq or shock darts if combined with it's standard ammo.
  • Sweet Veggie Cake - should be "Prime" for herbivores.  Fast decay and low stack size make it about right for that function.  
  • Ichthy (dolphin) - I'd like a "spin" attack similar to the Pteranodon.  I know there are mixed emotions about the ptera spin attack.  I don't really want it for the damage.  The Ichthy will never be a damage dealer.  I really want it for the ability to wiggle loose from getting stuck.  The ichthy is pretty bad about getting stuck.  I'd also like the "jump out of water" move similar to the Manta.  Not for a particular reason.  Just because I think it would look cool.

So I have brought this up before. I really think we need a structure for cooking meats between the camp fire and the industrial cooker. There was a placeholder skin for when the industrial cooker was originally released and I think that would make a great structure for this.

I want something like this because I enjoy playing the game without going to far into the engrams, like a primitive server but the cooking is always so slow I end up building the industrial cooker. You could put this in the game and have it like hold half the amount of the industrial version and maybe cook half as fast or something along those lines.

• Jatheish unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived