ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

Would it be possible for you to change the taming bonus formula so you can get the full +50% levels if you use kibble for the entirety of the tame? Currently even if you maintain 100.0% taming effectiveness it will still subtract a level from the final taming bonus result, so a 150 tame can only get 74 levels from taming bonus instead of 75 level.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Skins being part of the hit-box, I want to wear my Top Hat skin in PvP, but that just makes my head a huge target.

2. Higher quality Crossbows do not influence Grappling Hooks, could you make is so better Crossbows can shoot Grappling Hooks farther?

3. The possibility to use handguns in the offhand with an accuracy penalty? Pistols are severely underused at the moment, and this would create an interesting meta of people dual wielding revolvers, or using pistols and shields.

4. Nobody is using Smoke Grenades in PvP, give them some additional use. At least making the effect last much longer than 40 seconds, maybe a few minutes? Or some blinding effect?

5. An easier way to change ammo type? For example, I want to be able to switch from Fire Arrows to Grappling Hooks in the middle of a fight without opening up the inventory.

6. Tribe Log sorting from Newest To Oldest. It would be awesome if we didn't need to scroll all the way down for the latest things.

7. Tribe Log Timestamp (maybe local time?) instead of ingame days. It's currently very difficult to understand when a particular event took place from the tribe log.

8. Could we have the Plant Species x idle swaying animation turned off by default? A lot of tribes have hundreds of plant turrets, all of them swaying from side to side for no reason. Farther than a few meters, that motion is not even discernible, it would improve performance a LOT.

9. In any Official PvP situation where two people are fighting in close quarters, the go to weapon is always the Club, any plan to bring down the torpor on them? Even if the enemy is 50 meters away, it's still easier to simply zig zag run up to him with a club, than to use actual bullets.

10. The possibility of linking an item in the chat, so people can hover with the mouse over the linked item and see the description/stats, WoW did something similar.

11. A whistle command to disable Plant x Turrets. We can't accept visitors without manually disabling hundreds of plants, but we can disable all our Auto-Turrets with the keypad.

12. Maybe an event specific item (or generally available but very expensive) that lets you rename weapons? I would love to have a more personalized gear set.

13. The ability to read chinese/russian/etc characters with english localisation. This one would actually be very nice, those "ToFu" boxes in the chat are such a pain to deal with when you need to communicate with someone not knowing what country they are from.

14. At the moment a lot of people are using TEK Replicators as storage because of the high number of slots. Can we get bigger, more expensive vaults (TEK Vault)? All our replicators are filled with flint :(

15. A log for vaults, similar to the tribe log, with the names of people that took and added what items. If it's too difficult to add this feature to current vaults, perhaps add it to a future bigger vault (TEK Vaults? :D).

Thanks for all your hard work guys! :Jerblove:

HI Wildcard! Have you guys ever thought of metal storage units smaller than the Vaults? Less expensive than the vault but higher durability than the large wooden storage bin? 

What about an advanced incubation station? Something to lay eggs into or put them into that incubates them more efficiently and slightly quicker? Something we can build without the necessity of 14-16 air conditioners or 14 bonfires? It could require an outlet from a generator/turbine to power-up.

Do carnivores have a healing food like the herbivores do with the sweet carrot cake? If not, can we have like a prime meat x mutton recipe that will help heal meat eaters quicker? It kills the finger to remote use stacks upon stacks of meat to replenish a wyvern's health at 12k x.x

As a ps4 user the only thing we really really want is to get some servers that dont become unplayable for long periods yesterday in the last 3 days we have had 7-8 periods where for about 20 minutes you cant do any thing i was out on my kibble tamed sarco and friend was on a 100% imprinted spino in the ocean and then nothing no attacks and barely able to move jelly fish stung us off and we both died in an attempted rescue then spent 20 minutes waiting to get out of our base luckily they both just survived this time. I used to be affraid of other alpha tribes now im just afraid of ark

I was wondering if it was possible to rework the Oviraptor. My idea for it was that when an Ovi is sent on wander, it will go around and collect the eggs and keep them in its inventory at a reduced weight similar how the beaver gathers and stores wood. This will reduce the need for so many dinos in kibble farms which would lead to less lag and increased performance on a server.

Any chance that breeding will become less of a fulltime job? I agree that it should be difficult, however right now you have to spend several days without any real sleep (not exactly healthy for your body) to be able to imprint since tribemates can't imprint. Plus the handfeeding and food farming is also very time consuming.

• Volunteer Moderator

Are more diseases planned for future updates for humans and Dino's? 

With future paid dlc or free can we have harsher maps meteor strikes lava flows, mud and tar pits, quicksand, maybe a map after meteor hits sky blacked out darker scarier map no sunlight. 

Would it ever be possible to get, or switch's some official servers to be PvE with PvP weekend's? Since most of us work or go to school thruout the week this would make for a good experience for us.... And would help with people kiting then not going to war. Someone kites you and doesn't want to man up for war, wait till the weekend and show them what's up. 

I feel as if the grapple hook is in the metal tier of ark so could we get a modern tier and tech tier grapple hook like the modern could be a whole gun that's heavy and kinda more time consuming to reload but dosent require multiple hooks to be made unless desired so you can wait for the one you have to reel in or reload which is faster but drops the current one and tek tier maybe could get something to go in the offhand slot and be reusable but maybe limited or not either way it would be a fun addition! 

• Jatheish unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived