ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get the hair to grow more slowly?  It's awesome that we can customize our players more, but if it grows out as fast as I've seen it grow it doesn't stay customized for long.

I will admit I'm on Xbox and haven't seen it yet, so I might not be understanding the mechanic of it and it's not the case that the customization of hair goes away quickly.

Would you consider any of these to happen/change?

1.Larger animals (bronto,rex,giga,paracer,stego,etc) should deal damage to metal, even if it's just a tiny bit. 

2.Paracers, brontos and diplos should have stomp attacks like the titanosaurus does

3.Diplos should have stomp and tail attacks

4.Dilos should have the turret AI like the Arthros

5.Sarcos should have a grab attack for larger creatures

6.Tapejara should get a barrel-roll and dodge moves like the banshee in Halo

7.Stegos and trikes should be able to flush blood into their plates/shields to intimidate wild carnivores and give them a debuff

8.Titanoboas should be tameable and should have a constriction attack

9.Turrets (automatic) should be buildable on brontos and paracers again

10.Dimorphs should get a pack boost and evasion moves

11.Turtles should go in their shells and have a mini sentry-gun saddle

12.Apes should be able to use melee weapons

13.Pachys should be bigger and stronger

14.Trikes should have a charge attack

14.Monkeys should be able to climb trees and harvest fruits in the trees. They could also be alarms

15.Dimetros should be faster and stronger in general

16.Megalodons should be bigger and harder to tame

17.Sabers should have a pounce and grab attack for larger prey

18.Mammoths should have a grab and throw attack for smaller enemies

19.Spinos should have a roar

20.The Rex should deal extra damage to armored humans/animals and should do extra damage to structures

21.Spinos should do extra damage to aquatic creatures

22.Trikes and Stegos should be better in general and harder to tame

23.Ankys and stegos should get resistence to bullets/arrows

24.Compys should be in packs of up to 40

25.All aquatic reptiles/mammals/amphibians should have an oxygen bar

26.Gigas need a louder roar. If you do this, could the Spino also have a loud roar?

27.Piranhas should be tameable

28.Ants should have a queen

29.Beavers should be re-worked (stat wise) and used strictly for work, not combat

30.Wolves need improved howl and a saddle for armor. They also need a pack boost

31.Bears need a re-work and should mainly be used as the berry/mushroom/flower/fish/meat/food gatherers as opposed to combat mounts (although they should still be able to fight, just not as well). Also make them have a louder roar.

32.More dinos need feathers!!!!!! (at least some)

33.Gigas should be only maybe 2 feet taller than a rex and should be the health musketeer of the trio (Rex should be the power and Spino should be the Speed and versatility). This would also allow for the removal of the Giga's rage and the stupid fast speed of the Rex.

34.Woolly rhinos should be slower and slightly smaller. They should do extra damage to larger creatures (think spiked-wall)

35.Compys should be able to climb larger foes

36.Ankys should do extra damage to structures and the legs of larger enemies

37.Eurips should be tameable and should be the dimorphs of the water

38.Deer should have a gore/bleed attack and a charge attack. They should also be bigger

39. Pteras should be good fishers and not good combat mounts

40. Argys should have slighty more damage and should be able to drop rocks from above (think chalico)

41.Quetzals should not be used for combat (in the sense of melee damage), but for utility. They should have a poor AOE and little melee damage. They should be able to fish and carry two people in its talons. It should also have more limits to its platform saddle (for realistic/balancing reasons, maybe I'm the only one that cares for that, I just don't like huge flying 6x6 boxes).It shouldn't be able to carry huge animals, like Mammoths and Stegos. They should have saddles used specifically for manual turrets, catapults, and multi-seat transport.

42.Ankys,raptors,sabers and others should have a crouch

43.Sarcos should have a tail attack and a death-roll attack

44.Onyc should have a bleed attack and a smaller hit-box

45.Aranoes should climb walls and spit acid

46.Kairukus should have fishing abilities and should sit on small eggs

47.Pelagornis should have a dive for fishing

48.Creatures should have finishing moves with a 10% chance of activation if the opponents health is low enough. Other circumstances would help determine when this finishing move would activate.

49.Carnos should have a charge attack and slower stamina reduction. Their right click attack should do bonus damage to wood/thatch

50.Terror birds should be a bit larger and have more melee damage. They should also have an ax-swing attack that deals torpor and bleed damage

51. We can milk our mammalian friends!

Hello Jat!

Is there any possibility we can have an option to turn off Global Chat and also the new Alliance Chat, without having to turn off our Tribe Chat?
Would be really cool because we play a International game, and I don't speak German, French or whatever else language our allies speak, and I am not very interested in reading spam from 10 hours on record people spamming the chat asking to join a tribe, or crying because they got wiped/ raided on a PVP Official. It's quite annoying. Would love this hiding different "channels" option enormously! Thanks for a great game otherwise! :Jerblove:

Also for where to put this option, it would be cool if there was a tickbox in the chat that you can click on with your mouse cursor to "unsubscribe" to unwanted "channels".  A bit easier than messing around with our already messed up hotkeys, and the already too large settings menu.

mortar and pestle on top of a wooden table should either increase the quality or quantity of items you craft. table should act as an workbench in this case. heisenberg wasn't cooking meth on the floor :P 

and mentioning this again. when i hop onto my birds, i don't want them to lift off. quetzals and dragons wait for my (*space bar) command.

i want rafts to read out the structure limit on them. started anew recently and ran into the cap in the middle of the design. :/ would absolutely love if our bases had the same ability.

Will you be re-assessing the weight of all items in the game and re-balancing them in the future?  -- There seems to be quite a few inconsistencies...

Examples:- Thatch foundation weighing more than wood,stone and metal foundations - Ptera saddle resources weigh less than the final saddles weight - A raft weighs 80, yet a behemoth gate weighs 4.     I don't mind the idea of relying on tames to help move heftier items if need be while keeping good game play in mind of coarse.

The Islands Map seems to be heavily slanted with resources in favor of those who live further north under the justification of its harder. To me this seems to create an imbalanced world of the haves and have nots - Will you be looking at shifting the resources in a way that promotes more balance and trade among all the tribes on the map? The island should be just as dangerous in their own way in all the biomes not just the north.

Can you make underwater rocks harvestable for resources as well as adding some underwater metal rock nodes?

Is it possible to make dino tails "partially" rag doll when one walks into it or rides into it? -- This way the tail can bend and allow us to pass not getting stuck while allowing the tail to look natural. If the tail could bend when it touched something it also wouldn't poke through walls.

Could you give us more information on what will happen when we ascend?

• Will there be any other types of alcohol besides beer? Maybe the system could work like dyes. For example Amarberries + Thatch = Beer, Tintoberries + Thatch = Red Wine, Amarberries + Stimberries + Longgrass = Whiskey, etc.

• Could you fix it that baby Ovis & Dire Bears will be born UNDER their mothers? They glitch under the world very often...

• When I raise some babies on foundations/ceilings they get stuck very often after reaching adulthood. Happened to Therizino, Rex and Spino. Could this be fixed?

• Some of the smaller Redwood trees are harvestable, so can you make them give us some tree sap, too?

• Can we expect more decoration/customizable items/skins? If yes: please tell us what! :D 

• Could you please remove the spawn point on herbivore island for the Titanosaurus? It's inappropriate for such a large creature to spawn on a small island like this.

• Will there be more ranged weapons for underwater combat?

• After the Alpha-buff and removing soup-feeding to our creatures it is a pain in the butt to level them, could you please give us at least something like Broth of Enlightenment to feed them, even if it will be a little bit more expensive?

• Could you tweak the spawning of Rexes in the snow? It looks so silly when you run across more Rexes than Rhinos there. And the Spino looks even more unfitting. As some people requested you could lower the Therizino spawns and replace them with 50-60% of the snow-Rexes. ;) 

• Could you fix the issue that when non ridden tamed flyers and wild ones fight each other, they fly waaaay up to the world border in circles? When you're not fast enough you can't even whistle your tame to come back and it wents out of sight...

• Could you reduce the fish-overspawning in some places (I have 2 locations in the swamp on my mind, if you want to know them, I'll check out the coordinates)?

Can we have a bigger variety of meats in the game, besides just regular and prime. I think there should be a different kind of meat specific to each creature with special stat effects. For example, "GALIMIMUS MEAT" could temp. provide a stamina boost while "MAMMOTH MEAT" could provide temp. cold resistance. This would make going out hunting more worthwhile and immersive; where hunting a mighty Rex for its meat would be more valuable than just hunting simple Dodos if special stat boosters are your goal.

For balancing purposes the effect would only occur if the meat was cooked. If not it will act like regular old uncooked meat. 

I know Tek Tier will bring a Dino Cloning Chamber but I'd like to build upon that concept. They should add a Hybrid DNA Recombination Chamber where we can create Dino Hybrids. You would place two tamed Dinos into the chamber and after a LONG while the chamber would produce a hybrid egg that you'd raise. The Hybrid would be unable to breed so it's not like you could have 50 Hybrids without putting in the effort. Hybrids would be stronger and have some abilities, stats, and attacks from both parents.

what about the ablite to hide saddles on tamed creatures similar to hideing the sail on boats? cause i just realized looking at a knocked out wild allosaur looks more scarey/ebil then looking at a tamed one with the metal bar in its mouth ect: oh and will there be a option to turn off the host bubble for split screengame play cause its tiredsome playing within a very close range with only one other person.

Hi Jat and WC, Few questions.

Can it possible if you guys added a scroll bar to the Xbox one server chat so we can select the bar and see previous messages because a lot of people chat at once. I know there is xbox messages and party, but this can help those who cant speak etc, and everyone. Maybe an option to click their name is chat which takes you to private message for trading and random conversation. This will help the constant spamming or conversations?

Next question. Can you add tribe building place capabilities allowing others in a tribe to see what a tribe mate is placing thus helping placing objects down. They can say move left or right to help placement of objects etc?  

I hope you can implement one or both questions

• Volunteer Moderator

will you guys be updating the food system specifically adding human flesh too it and maybe lizard pork poultry.  There should be more then just meat and benefits for feeding animals and yourself certain protiens. You have already added mutton so can we expect more overhaul of this system?

Will there be an upcoming option to view a translation of the explorer notes these are such an exciting feature of ark and I feel it is a bit anticlimactic when you get one in a foreign language that you cannot read, I know that the community has managed to translate most of them but I am really keen to read them all and it would make it must more interesting to read them in the game if it came up as a translation as well as the original writing.  

A while ago you said that you would extend the underwater world of "The Island". But I wonder:

Would it be possible to expand "The Island" underground? I'm not talking about caves, I'm talking about duplicate the entire map by creating a world underground. To build bases and farm things, maybe accessing in underwater areas. A entire map under the island. (Something similar to the map "The Underground" but officially under "The Island").

18 hours ago, eESTlane said:

riddle me this: what dino is more rare than mosa or a quetzal or a freaking titan?

here's a hint: starts with "s" and ends with "pino".

FREAKING ADD MORE SPAWNS!!!

I have found many spinos on my ark. And I play alone. In fact, a spino caused my first death. 

Riddle me this: Who's world has no spinos?

heres a hint:starts with y and ends in ours.

19 hours ago, TheDinoKing48 said:

Can we have a bigger variety of meats in the game, besides just regular and prime. I think there should be a different kind of meat specific to each creature with special stat effects. For example, "GALIMIMUS MEAT" could temp. provide a stamina boost while "MAMMOTH MEAT" could provide temp. cold resistance. This would make going out hunting more worthwhile and immersive; where hunting a mighty Rex for its meat would be more valuable than just hunting simple Dodos if special stat boosters are your goal.

For balancing purposes the effect would only occur if the meat was cooked. If not it will act like regular old uncooked meat. 

Dodo and rex and a lil bit of wyvern. I will make an artificial Dodorex.

Then dodo and wyvern for Dodowyvern. 

And my ultimate power beast. Titan and Giga. Size, health, attack, weight. God could not take this beasts life.

And all the bosses together too. I need a fire breathing spider Gorilla.

Whoops. Wrong comment. Its actually your one with the hybrid chamber I was talking bout.

• Jatheish unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived