Noob Server Questions?

HeatherJo

Hello all!!!  I apologize if this answer is easy to find but I have spent about an hour searching for the answer but to no avail or at least not specifically to my question. So if someone finds this in minutes again I apologize.  My first ark experience was less then thrilling on a dedicated server. Pve. With all the constant griefing so I I moved to a non dedicated private server.  It's great but it would be nice to have at least a few friends join me but the tethering issues is just plain stupid.  Plus it appears that there are build limitations.  So, I have been considering hosting a server since I have two Xbox's my questions are...

1.  Can I just change my private game to a hosted game?

2..  If not can I move my character from this ark to that one?  I know some posts say yes but it did not work for me moving from dedicated to non dedicated. 

3.  Are there build limitations if I host a server?

4. Can you play ark on the Xbox that is hosting the game as well? 

Thanks everyone one for any help you can offer again I apologize if these are common easy questions :)

v252.1
* Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to "TheMaxStructuresInRange" so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update

I guess you'd just have to change that value to whatever you want.

1.  Can I just change my private game to a hosted game?

It depends on which xbox your going to use as the host server.

2.  If not can I move my character from this ark to that one?  I know some posts say yes but it did not work for me moving from dedicated to non dedicated. 

Already been answered.

3.  Are there build limitations if I host a server?

Each player is allocated a total of 4500 build sections. The 10500 limit was introduced to PC. This includes anything you build and place in the world. However, it does not include things which are stored in chests, large closets etc.etc

4. Can you play ark on the Xbox that is hosting the game as well? 

No. The host server is only for just doing that - Hosting the server. On non-dedicated servers allow the playing of the game, but with a player dedicated at least your free of the tether.

Archived