Cementing paste scorched earth

MaxDinoHunter

Hi, I was wondering if there is a good reliable way to get cementing paste in schorl he'd earth, I'm moving into the late game now and it's becoming a real pain to get. I recently moved over from the centre and I used to either get it from beaver dams or use my frog, I can do neither of these on scorched earth.

Thanks in advance for the responses 

9 minutes ago, Bambulaaa said:

i read on wiki you can get cement using frog from island in hunting and killing jug bugs but idk if its true or not.

Sure, but this thread is about getting cementing paste on scorched earth. A frog is pretty useless on scorched earth. The other methods already mentioned here are the way to go.

A low level way to get it is to kill thorny dragons.

1 hour ago, Beigman said:

I went and tamed a high level frog and upped his melee then i take him out and eat the all the jug bugs. It took me about 15 min to get almost 300 cp. The average cp per jug bug was 12 so this is the easiest way unless you wanna farm chitan and stone for hours.

Brilliant! Ha ha, would be fun to be hopping around on a frog in the desert :)

I stand corrected. I didn't read the first person's post correctly. I had thought they meant get cementing paste from Island, not get the frog from the Island. BTW, you do get a bit of chitin if you kill jug bugs and you can make it into cementing paste the hard way. They are pretty hard to kill by hand, but a high level dire wolf can kill them so you can make cementing paste.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 2/16/2017 at 4:46 AM, Beigman said:

I went and tamed a high level frog and upped his melee then i take him out and eat the all the jug bugs. It took me about 15 min to get almost 300 cp. The average cp per jug bug was 12 so this is the easiest way unless you wanna farm chitan and stone for hours.

Top marks for actually doing this... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Grab a high melee %rex/giga/wyvern and go to the desert to farm scorps, mantis and any other creatures that drop chitin and keratin. I have a wyvern with 360% melee damage and farms farm thousands of chitin in a very short amount of time. Usually find myself dropping it.

After you have what you need, have a rock element or doed ready to farm a heavy amount of stone. A Chemistry bench is the best way to make cementing paste as you can create stacks of 6 at a time much faster than a mortars and pestle. Otherwise, set up a lot of mortars.

If you can't be bothered grinding and farming resources, grab a few snails. They are pretty painful as they only take cakes and will only ever eat cakes. They can passively make about 100cp p/h which equates to about 400 chitin/800 stone p/h, along with a little organic polymer. Go to the caves, tame 5 - 10 for easy passive CP. Recommend leveling food once you've tamed so that you don't need to worry about feeding them as often. Just be prepared to make a s**t load of cakes.

Archived