Jeremy Stieglitz

Xbox Patch Notes: Current Version (v749.0) & Upcoming (v750, ETA: February 14)

23,958 posts in this topic

Is there anything that can be done about the Co-op Host boundary range? Every time I play with my friend ( I'm the host ) He gets this yellow/red boundary wall and pushes him toward me. I want to know if this is an option, or a feature, and is there any effort being put toward extending it or removing it it all together. ( It's rather annoying and VERY short ranged.)

Edited by KirraGhost

It's ridiculous to find the server that you was in I know the name type the name in search it doesn't come up so I refresh and it takes 30 minutes for the right one to appear the bookmark feature doesn't bookmark and sometimes my server won't ever show up I've been trying for an hr to find it and I can't it just won't show up and I'm not starting over after I played for over 8 hrs yesterday plz fix these issues fix the bookmark issue so I can just go there and find my server if there was a patch i didn't get it and I know its a preview game and I'm not bitching I love the game just letting you know what my issues with it are plz and thank you for an awesome game I hope other PC game developers do as good a job porting other PC games to Xbox such as day z can't wait for that sh#$ but keep up good work and fix asap plz

Edited by buletz2dabrainz

3 minutes ago, buletz2dabrainz said:

It's ridiculous to find the server that you was in I know the name type the name in search it doesn't come up so I refresh and it takes 30 minutes for the right one to appear the bookmark feature doesn't bookmark shit and sometimes my server won't ever show up I've been trying for an hr to find it and I can't it just won't show up and I'm not starting over after I played for over 8 hrs yesterday this is ridiculous fix these issues fix the bookmark 

These issues will be fixed in the next patch as it says in the original post. Please have a little patience as everyone is working very hard to get things fixed as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, AssassinOps said:

Admin, is there any plans to remove the host player range tether in private games. It's really annoying having to stay next to the host at all times every time he spawns it teleports me to him.

Here is some info on the tether feature: http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1526-xbox-co-op-tether-distance/. It is not something that can be removed but it may be adjusted in the future as well as allowing up to 8 people on a non-dedicated host. The reasoning is that the stress of hosting 4 players is on the hardware as well as displaying the game for one of those people. If there was no tether, your game literally would not be able to handle it.

I'm surprised this game has such a young audience. I don't think one comment is from someone older than the age of 12. I just wanted to chime in with what I'd like to see fixed either in this patch or the near future. Can't access unconcious or tamed Dino's inventories (looks like this patch fixes that) 2. The anti-aliasing on Xbox is pretty bad, I'd like to see that get smoothed out as well as a FPS increase even though those request somewhat contradict each other. Also leveling up seems a TINY......TINY bit too slow but I can live with it I like the longevity the game would appear to offer at this very early point. And all the server issues that appear to be fixed in this patch. Other than that, I'm pretty impressed and having a great time! Plus it's the first GOOD survival game to hit consoles, EVER! This game will explode when word gets around.

One other thing I wanted to add, I work all day so when I'm able to get on most people have either got home from work or school and when I attempted to join the server I was on yesterday, I not only couldn't find the server I was on, but I couldn't find a server at all! I didn't play with it much though and just jumped into single player. I understand this will likely be fixed very soon, but my question/worry? Is is finding a spot in ANY server gonna be a potentially difficult process for days, weeks or months to come?

Is anyone else stuck on the Session List where it says searching for Session? Or is that only me? All day I have been trying to play my friends all entered and left servers until the big XBOX fail and now still I am stuck Searching for Sessions do I have to re DL the game or is this just another glitch?

So doubled the Slider Ranges on the hose game ui in a future patch will uncap it with edit boxes ala PC What does that mean Does it mean that you're going to take off the barriers In A non dedicated Server world That way we don't have to be 200 meters to play around the host We will have 400 Is that what that means Or is it something entirely different 

11 minutes ago, Lester said:

The reason people can't find their Pve server is because server list only holds 100 a time and it loads pvp servers first. Not because they're full and the only way to get the Pve server atm is to wait till some pvp are full

But even selecting the pve tab it says there are no servers found

This will be my third time starting over. Why you ask ? Could be that half my tribe is on a barely full server that won't even show up in pvp. If I had a drum I could play the menu song by now that how long I've been trying over and over again to join them in a lobby with 29/70 in it that won't show up. 

6 minutes ago, Aidan9281 said:

But even selecting the pve tab it says there are no servers found

Yes, because it loads both pvp and Pve at the same time there's no choice, after you refresh click pvp there will be 100. The amount will always be pvp + Pve = 100 

12 hours ago, Vilicus said:

I love how the patch notes literally have all the fixes people are experiencing on servers and I see 2 pages of replies to the same patch notes.. saying they want servers to be fixed.  Does no one read the original post anymore.  The patch fixes your issues with connecting to friends and past servers.  Quit complaining.  If you have issues, this is not the place for them, there is a bug report subforum

this is exactly what's frustrating me about what people are writing, complaining about.

if they had bothered to read the OP they would know that all the issues their facing are being addressed.

13 hours ago, Chanogram said:

You can't search your server, "bro". It's just a text filter what the server search finds, not a text search.  You dont think myself and others have tried that?  And i'm no saying it's "that bad", but that it's annoying that a game we all want to play is making it hard (or impossible) to get back into keep progressing.  My server last night was only 30/70 and it would not show up on the list no matter what i did. The fix is great and welcome, but it doesnt diminish the frustration of not being able to play my character that i spent 5 hours on only 1 hour after i logged out, when the server is NOT full.

I'm glad you were able to get back in your server, but as you can see, others aren't so lucky. Your experience isn't the same as others. Try not to act so arrogant and let people explain their issues. That's the point of this, to give feedback on what needs to be improved and/or fixed. Right now, this is my number one issue with the game, and probably is for many others as well.

Same goes to you aswell, if you bothered to read the OP, you'd understand that this patch is directed for the issues people are facing.

so its probably not my arrogance which lead you to posting about problems which are obviously being addressed from the first post.

its the arrogance of idiotic people buying a preview game experience to be upset and cry when they come across the inevitable problems.

my initial post was never aimed at you, it was towards the people making harsh and umcalled for comments towards the devs...and you jumped on the bandwagon by quoting my post.

I really cba with an forum dissagreement so ill be on my way and you can be on yours (: