Jeremy Stieglitz

Xbox Patch Notes: Current Version (v749.0) & Upcoming (v750, ETA: February 14)

23,959 posts in this topic

2 issues so far;

Graphics are awful. I can only hope that it's temporary.

And second, the angled roofs do not snap onto walls At all correctly. They snap and angle down instead of up.

I'll be sure to report anything else I find.

Edited by RustledJimmy

7 hours ago, Drake said:

This will be fixed in the 729.9 patch (both issues: not seeing the server and bookmarks not working) -- until then, if you have a friend on the server, they can 'Invite' you back in ;)

When is this patch out? Also I tried inviting my friends back but it wouldn't let them :/

The fact that the game is a glitchy mess, doesn't bother me.
The fact that the game has some awful FPS issues, doesn't bother me.
The fact that you need a second console and a second copy of the game to run a dedicated server (should I want to), doesn't bother me.

Spending multiple hours on a server yesterday, only to come online this morning and have to restart from scratch because my server is AWOL and after two hours of refreshing; I still can't join it; that bothers me.

Why is there no idle kick?
Why are there no server queues?

This game has been in an early access state on PC for some time and yet it still lacks basic functionality
It's a shame that Microsoft doesn't offer refunds on digital purchases.

1 minute ago, Darmaniac said:

people who dont have patience or enough money to buy more then ONE game should never buy an alpha pre release. lmao.... this is pathetic

Ha, please, I probably have more games installed to my Xbox One harddrives that you own in total. Please be quiet.

Ya know nuffin, Jon Snow!

7 hours ago, DanLikesDam said:

yeah everyone go mad at a game preview when you all knew full well its a work in progress. You knew the risks prior to buying the game so stop the moaning lol

alot of you have valid points but some of you are commenting issues what they already know about and are actively working on...

give them time and the bugs will be sorted and by the time the game releases next year you'll have a cheaper copy already purchased...so for know, enjoy what the game has to offer...nothing on console can compare to this game (genre and playability-wise)

We all understand its a preview game. But hte simple ability to find/join a server you've previously joined and have a survivor on is not a complicated thing. Nor is it asking much. How playable is a game that forces you to either NOT play it, or start from scratch on a new server every time you play?

11 hours ago, Drake said:

That requires going through some technical steps with the help of Microsoft, but we are actively looking into it. Our own Official Servers function this way, so it should be possible... ;) 

I think the 250 servers would be plenty if you offered servers for people to rent, guarenteeing a spot in the server for friends

Game is virtually unplayable right now. Cant find the game I was playing, and theres no server queue. Update moved to tomorrow instead of today on steam but different date for release stated here? Whats the point of even bothering????  Whats going on even? 

1 hour ago, Chanogram said:

We all understand its a preview game. But hte simple ability to find/join a server you've previously joined and have a survivor on is not a complicated thing. Nor is it asking much. How playable is a game that forces you to either NOT play it, or start from scratch on a new server every time you play?

jeez bro, just search your server...if there's space you'll be able to get back in if not you gotta wait until space or the "this issue" is fixed...its not that bad man, I'm playing in the server I was in yesterday now?

Hi, got this for Xbox yesterday and have been playing on my own on a non dedicated server. My friends can come in and play but they have a tether, is there anyway to stop this? Also if a friend comes in to play can they keep their character and play on their own non dedicated server or play on my non dedicated server without me? It's a bit stupid because it's supposed to be coop but abit pointless if they can't use the character from my game in their own. If anyone can help that would be great!!

I have a question this might answer other peoples questions/concerns. The green writing says "Healthy (v729.8)" Patch note says V 729.9. Does this mean I have not gotten the update? I live in MST and its 1:36 PM.

If I didn't get the update is there a way I can do it now?

Thanks in advance.

12345399_10206257944784774_7194207153595096621_n.jpg

6 hours ago, Artibeus said:

Ha, please, I probably have more games installed to my Xbox One harddrives that you own in total. Please be quiet.

Ya know nuffin, Jon Snow!

Well you'd be hard pressed to beat me in that department,   Since you're such a seasoned vet of xbox one you should know you could game share with your second xbox and not purchase a second copy of the game.  You'd also know, Yes you can get a refund on a digital game if you are polite and don't act like an entitled brat to the support team.  

I probably have more games installed on both of my xbox ones & external drive then you will ever have.    My E-Penis is bigger than yours.

1 hour ago, DanLikesDam said:

jeez bro, just search your server...if there's space you'll be able to get back in if not you gotta wait until space or the "this issue" is fixed...its not that bad man, I'm playing in the server I was in yesterday now?

You can't search your server, "bro". It's just a text filter what the server search finds, not a text search.  You dont think myself and others have tried that?  And i'm no saying it's "that bad", but that it's annoying that a game we all want to play is making it hard (or impossible) to get back into keep progressing.  My server last night was only 30/70 and it would not show up on the list no matter what i did. The fix is great and welcome, but it doesnt diminish the frustration of not being able to play my character that i spent 5 hours on only 1 hour after i logged out, when the server is NOT full.

I'm glad you were able to get back in your server, but as you can see, others aren't so lucky. Your experience isn't the same as others. Try not to act so arrogant and let people explain their issues. That's the point of this, to give feedback on what needs to be improved and/or fixed. Right now, this is my number one issue with the game, and probably is for many others as well.

I love how the patch notes literally have all the fixes people are experiencing on servers and I see 2 pages of replies to the same patch notes.. saying they want servers to be fixed.  Does no one read the original post anymore.  The patch fixes your issues with connecting to friends and past servers.  Quit complaining.  If you have issues, this is not the place for them, there is a bug report subforum.

13 hours ago, DanLikesDam said:

yeah everyone go mad at a game preview when you all knew full well its a work in progress. You knew the risks prior to buying the game so stop the moaning lol

alot of you have valid points but some of you are commenting issues what they already know about and are actively working on...

give them time and the bugs will be sorted and by the time the game releases next year you'll have a cheaper copy already purchased...so for know, enjoy what the game has to offer...nothing on console can compare to this game (genre and playability-wise)

that's the point of preview games is to hear the complaints and make the game better