Offline raiding is anticlimactic

Poltron

Hey!

First of all, let's get that out of the way: I don't mind be raided. I play in a pvp server, and I know it's gonna happens sooner or later, and it's fine. I wont be a alpha tribe, I'm too casual for that.

There's something that bother me though, it's that a base you spent months building and tuning, vanish up in smoke, while no one is online to see it.

Did they use multiple wyverns, big paracer/quetzal platform with miniguns and rockets lauchers, stealthy assassins that scouted the soft spot of your base and were able to place good explosive, or did they tamed a titan just to come and finish you off? Or was it just turtles with Ascendant saddle tanking bullets for the greater good?

You just log off with the same bland screen telling you you died, and your base is gone. No fireworks, no explosion, no chance to at least eat some popcorn while you enjoy the show, or even a replay of the highlights.

Like I said, I dont mind dying, getting my base destroyed or else, but I like feeling it, seeing it, trying to stop it, but this offline crap just feels bland and all the epic is gone in an instant. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth and the taste will turn off a lot of potential players from the game in the long term.

• Volunteer Moderator

So you want them to wait until it suits you to raid? Some people play in the middle of the night some during the morning. People from all over the world play not just in your time zone. Offline raid protection is for you then pc has it and I believe Xbox. They aren't going to set up some camera in the sky to record the raid it's just silly. 

Just now, Aggresser said:

The frusturating thing about online raiding is after the huge 4 hour slog through turrets and rexes and plants when you finally get turret power offline and crack the base you find the defenders dumped everything from the vaults. Super fun to online raid but people get salty when they start losing.

Every. Single. Time. 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Aggresser said:

The frusturating thing about online raiding is after the huge 4 hour slog through turrets and rexes and plants when you finally get turret power offline and crack the base you find the defenders dumped everything from the vaults. Super fun to online raid but people get salty when they start losing.

Hahhaha I been on both sides of it... you know your screwed and u just want that one last screw u to raiders...

34 minutes ago, Aggresser said:

Ha, I have never even though about that.  "Well I guess we are going to be raided, let's leave them nothing to raid."  However, I did always like to leave a vault with nothing but berry seeds, or storage boxes with nothing but berry seeds or fiber just as a hahaha.

32 minutes ago, Aggresser said:

This, every time.  I've been involved in a lot of big raids, and I wouldn't classify any of them as exciting.  It's tedious work.  Every single online raid we've done has featured the tribe we are raiding relentlessly trash-talking for being so slow.  It definitely isn't exciting for them- they just get to sit back and watch us slowly disassemble their base.  Also, we prefer to offline raid, for the reasons I've quoted above.  It's not like we seek out times when the other tribes are offline, though- we raid when we're ready, whether they are online or offline, but we know that if they're online, we'll get nothing from the raid.  Maybe some eggs if we're lucky.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:37 PM, kortniechan said:

PVP means player vs player.  If one side is all off line its not pvp anymore, its just cowardliness by the attacker.

This. SO much this. Player vs player and griefing are two entirely different things. 

List of things that are NOT PVP

Attacking someone who is barely into the game and lives in a thatch house. Or anyone else who is simply defenseless and might as well not even be at their keyboard. 

Picking people up from flyers and dropping them. Double cowardly because you dont see the name of who did it. And these morons NEVER speak up and admit it.  

Killing passive tames. 

Offline attacking/killing anything. (it cant be player vs player if theres only one side doing the attacking and no defenders) 

Running around naked with a club giving people swamp fever. Again, simply griefing. 

Archived