Giga melee Question

LeeSmyth

2 minutes ago, LeeSmyth said:

But the website here says  about having levels pumped into melee on the example at the bottom and states it boosts the stats? http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

This is not right. The level of the baby depends on the Base-Stats (Stats after tame) of the parents, not the level. So it doesn't matters if you pump the parent's damage to get a better baby.

A dino gets points put randomly into its stats for how many levels it is above base level (level 1) and also gets points after taming. So if your parent dinos have a sufficiently large amount of points in the same stat, there is a small chance that their baby can receive a bonus to that stat that ups it even more, that is not counted as a mutation.

An example is the vultures I have been breeding. The father was level 145 pre-tame and received something like 450 stamina. The mother (who was also his daughter, yay incest) was level 204 at birth, which for comparison is above 145 but below 150 in pre-tame levels, and received 660 stamina. Their child received a non-mutation stat bonus to his stamina with a whopping 690 stam. The father did not have particularly high stamina, but their inbred baby just managed to hit upon that teeny tiny chance of getting a stat bonus.

To be clear, stat bonuses have nothing to do with inbreeding, it's all to do with stats and luck. The higher the stat is on the parents, the greater the chance of a bonus for that stat. That's how you saw pteras bred with 400 melee a year ago when max level was still 120; breeding for stat bonuses.

Barring a mutation, only imprinting will boost the melee, and as far as I'm aware, it will only do it for that baby (meaning it won't pass on to the next generation after). I have had instances like @Nim, but typically I'm only off by less than a level-up in that stat (like, 660/600 stam in the parents vs 664 in the baby).

Archived