Anyone else dealing with crazy spawns?

Irk

unnamed.thumb.png.418d0690ad9e3b1a69ae19d06330c367.png.

The half-burnt island on our dedicated has some funky spawns. It's literally just raptors, and hundreds of them. We haven't spotted an argy there since we booted up the server, and any other creature spawning there is a rare occurrence. DestroyWildDinos doesn't stop this, neither does manually killing them off. We were on the island for about an hour and a half leveling up a new rex. You could see hundreds of bags in the upper left hand corner, and another 25 or so to the right of that. I got bored corralling the raptors for our rex and decided to drag a group out in to the ocean for the sharks. The same goes for wolves in the grassland. You can't even step foot on those parts of the map without getting swarmed by 15+ wolves.

Anyone else having this same issue? Is there a way to fix this, or is it just a server/map issue that WC has to deal with?

Some of the over spawn issues on the Center map are going to be fixed in the next update for Xbox. Cannot recall if this was one of them.  While great for meat runs or if you are looking for that particular Dino it does cause crashes for the server in some instances, can cause server lag and dcs as well as hinders the variety of dinos and can cause under spawns in other areas.

Wild dinos on officials! 

I couldn't believe my eyes. There were 50 people on, which means I can walk around bare-a$$ed and not have to worry about a thing, but I was attacked by Troodons! I was so happy to see those broken, over-powered little guys. Harvesting meat, hide, and chitin is a thing again. Crazy. 

But the whip is broken on Xbox ... : (

1 hour ago, mleii said:

Some of the over spawn issues on the Center map are going to be fixed in the next update for Xbox. Cannot recall if this was one of them.  While great for meat runs or if you are looking for that particular Dino it does cause crashes for the server in some instances, can cause server lag and dcs as well as hinders the variety of dinos and can cause under spawns in other areas.

I dont think it was over spawns, im on the island and we're just used to having NOTHING spawning. It could be, but im hoping his was the fix they were talking about so we would have something to do other than build.

12 minutes ago, VicRattlehed said:

I dont think it was over spawns, im on the island and we're just used to having NOTHING spawning. It could be, but im hoping his was the fix they were talking about so we would have something to do other than build.

I'm talking about what the OP is talking about and on the Center map for sure.  They do appear to have done some fixes for under spawning on the Island maps, at least that's what I'm reading in various places and on officials.  I don't play the Island map so I haven't been keeping track of the changes there, though I have heard that there are areas that have overspawn issues as well there.  Also I have seen areas that under spawn on the Center map but I really think it had to do with overspawn in other areas as after dino wipes or who is on the server and what areas get loaded or unloaded also seems to cause those same areas that I saw had no spawns later have plenty of spawns.  They seem to be taking a close look at this issue and may fix and likely break it more before getting it right.  If you are on a dedicated/non-dedicated/single player you won't get these changes until the next drop that's supposed to be next week.

This is a player dedicated server issue.  Long while back I hosted an island xbox server and the same thing happened with dimorphs and coel in the main river.

The center dedi I'm currently hosted has the same issue you note.  Dodos on the beaches, wolves in tundra, raptors on half burnt.  Destroywilddinos works, but once you do a lap on half burnt it's back to raptor time.  

No response from devs as to why spawns are different in this regard compared to official servers.  If I had to guess they're cheating it on official servers and doing some sort local hard dino wipe every time you render out a dino that has been aggro'd.

It's very frustratin because the devs have told us time and again that if we don't like the settings on official, we can just play single, dedi or non-dedi, when doing so is simply not an option due to dino spawns.

Archived