beacons so much better in SE?

Jostabeere

Since I've started on SE i've noticed that the beacon drops seem to be alot better compared to when i'm on SE. At least I'm getting stuff that are useful. 

My first purple beacon I got from the map gave me a purple chainsaw (which i'm still using now). Since then its been pretty useful stuff like Wind Turbines or Oil Pumps. 

2 hours ago, Euzio06 said:

Since I've started on SE i've noticed that the beacon drops seem to be alot better compared to when i'm on SE. At least I'm getting stuff that are useful. 

My first purple beacon I got from the map gave me a purple chainsaw (which i'm still using now). Since then its been pretty useful stuff like Wind Turbines or Oil Pumps. 

U only need 1 or 2 pumps and the turbines r so hard 2 work into a system that they r almost worthless.  U will get way to many flamethrower fuel bps and u hardly get any original items such as longnecks or pump shotguns.  Granted i hav a grinder so i hav a use 4 these oil pumps and turbines

On 19/02/2018 at 1:59 PM, Onimusha759 said:

U only need 1 or 2 pumps and the turbines r so hard 2 work into a system that they r almost worthless.  U will get way to many flamethrower fuel bps and u hardly get any original items such as longnecks or pump shotguns.  Granted i hav a grinder so i hav a use 4 these oil pumps and turbines

Yeah the flamethrower fuel bps are annoying and i simply dump them. Wind Turbines aren't so bad as I use them for my outpost builds in the desert. Oil pumps are useful in a sense since I do run through a fair amount of fuel (especially on my chainsaw). Granted, I do wish that there were more weapons to be gotten. So far I've only managed to get an Ascendant Fabricated Pistol and an Ascendant Shotgun. 

2 hours ago, Euzio06 said:

Yeah the flamethrower fuel bps are annoying and i simply dump them. Wind Turbines aren't so bad as I use them for my outpost builds in the desert. Oil pumps are useful in a sense since I do run through a fair amount of fuel (especially on my chainsaw). Granted, I do wish that there were more weapons to be gotten. So far I've only managed to get an Ascendant Fabricated Pistol and an Ascendant Shotgun. 

I found out a couple days ago that on SE the longneck is found in purple drops.  Got a ramshackle out of a purple, managed to get a sword from a blue drop, but i still cnt get a pump shotgun which i rly need for the nosti ruins.

3 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I found out a couple days ago that on SE the longneck is found in purple drops.  Got a ramshackle out of a purple, managed to get a sword from a blue drop, but i still cnt get a pump shotgun which i rly need for the nosti ruins.

Purple drops? Looks like i'll have to actively hunt for them then. I've been hoping to get a longneck for sometime but haven't had much luck.

2 minutes ago, Euzio06 said:

Purple drops? Looks like i'll have to actively hunt for them then. I've been hoping to get a longneck for sometime but haven't had much luck.

Ya ik its weird, on the other maps the longneck is in yellow drops, surprised the crap out of me wen i got it in a purple.  Longnecks r mainly wat i hunt when i go looting.

I always thought it was strange that you could get BP for dinos not on scorched, but I guess it is to promote going there.   WC wanted to make a challenging map,  and they over shot with Scorched.  I REALLY wish they would give it a second pass to fix a few things.  It is super fun, but also ridiculously horrendous at the same time. 

Damaged generators, no sleeping bags in caves, storms, heat waves, water issues, wind issues (don't get me started on the wind bugs on the map), kibble tree half finished, dino functionality half finished.   I REALLY wish they would finish this map as it was pay DLC that we all paid for. 

5 hours ago, ac273 said:

I always thought it was strange that you could get BP for dinos not on scorched, but I guess it is to promote going there.   WC wanted to make a challenging map,  and they over shot with Scorched.  I REALLY wish they would give it a second pass to fix a few things.  It is super fun, but also ridiculously horrendous at the same time. 

Damaged generators, no sleeping bags in caves, storms, heat waves, water issues, wind issues (don't get me started on the wind bugs on the map), kibble tree half finished, dino functionality half finished.   I REALLY wish they would finish this map as it was pay DLC that we all paid for. 

I dint pay for it, i bought the game with the free SE dlc.  My timing was perfect :)

32 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I dint pay for it, i bought the game with the free SE dlc.  My timing was perfect :)

Lucky you man!   I guess you did pay for it though when you bought the game.  I bought it separate in closed beta and it is still being included as paid content as part of the season pass.  This is why I really wish they would finish it.  Aberration looks polished and refined (relatively speaking) compared to scorched.  There is so much potential in the scorched DLC that I really hope they give it some attention. 

I put together a list of issues here. 

If you have any others, I invite you to list them for WC.  I tried to keep it to factual things that are broken/unbalanced.

2 hours ago, ac273 said:

Lucky you man!   I guess you did pay for it though when you bought the game.  I bought it separate in closed beta and it is still being included as paid content as part of the season pass.  This is why I really wish they would finish it.  Aberration looks polished and refined (relatively speaking) compared to scorched.  There is so much potential in the scorched DLC that I really hope they give it some attention. 

I put together a list of issues here. 

If you have any others, I invite you to list them for WC.  I tried to keep it to factual things that are broken/unbalanced.

Dossiers r known 2 b wrong in this game.  Phoenix dossier says u cnt ride it...But u can...Giga dossier says its rather slow, there r YouTube videos competing the dinos and giga was ranked 5th fastest dino in game(Tho the reaper got cheated in its race).  As 4 the vultues, it actually does the opposite of wat the dossier says, an meat harvested by the vulture has 4x longer spoil time.  I agree wit u tho about the kibble not making sense, especially the t dragon to moth bit.  As 4 the mantis 2 golem i think its supposed 2 b 1 of those reverse logic kibbles, the mantis is an all round harvester while the golem is literally walking ore.  Its comparable to the quetzal wanting a rex egg, we all know it wud b da rex chasing the quetzal.  The fact the mantis wants the death worm horn does seem kinda stupid but the mantis is 1 of the 2 most intelligent animals in the ark, mayb the horn is more of a proof of worth to the mantis.  The other 4 star intelligent animal is the troodon which requires its own uniquely odd taming method lol.  The map is broken tho, theres cave loot u cnt access, odd restrictions lik the ank not fitting into the tunnel cave tho it obviously shud fit, enemies spawning in walls(It b ok in caves where u got a mount, but getting ur armor shredded on foot only caves is BS).  Rare flowers r a bit to rare, i cnt hope to create a mindwipe 4 recipes.  The map itself is rather plane after a bit too and feels unbalanced.  The rex spawns can glitch out so no rexes will spawn til u wipe the map.  The manticore has vry lil tek rewards so tek wise if ur a pure SE guy thn ur poop out of luck.  I think all the maps shud hav an ascension and access 2 the 3 basic bosses so u can actually hav the basics on each map without a glaring hole.  Some holes r understandable, but missing key components on ur special maps u either payed 4 or had to spend hours unlocking dsnt seem right.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:54 AM, Jostabeere said:

So I started playing SE in Singleplayer some times ago. And I would like to know. Is it just my insane luck, did I change any .ini without knowing it, or are the beacon drops so much better in comparsion to The Island?

Purple, Yellow and Red beacons actually give a lot of BPs, Actual items like weapons, tools, wind generators and so on. Not a poopty Crop Plot and compass BP. Almost everya beacon has pretty good loot.

Generally, yes, Scorched Earth has higher quality loot drops than the other maps. If you really want to pull an amazing loot haul, go hunting for desert drops at night in the dunes (SE equivalent to deep sea drops on Island/Center or surface drops on Aberration but MUCH MUCH better).

Archived