Not sure if bug or weird accidental setting change. Help please

KaZeDaRKWIND

I am a new player and was getting along well until suddenly I had it where rather than getting the numbers for flint,rocks, or metal at the top every time I hit a rock, it would only do it after 2-4 swings and would always show up in multiples of 4. I have no idea what caused it and was wondering if I should just reinstall or if I can fix it easier.I would hit with my pick and nothing would show up at the top. After a few hits something would pop up but it was always x4, x8, or x12. 

https://youtu.be/Jz8Zev63i1M?t=23m35s In this random video I got off youtube you can see that every time he hits it shows numbers of what he got. It doesn't do that on mine. But what's really weird is it works properly for wood and thatch from trees which make me thing it's a bug rather than a setting.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, KaZeDaRKWIND said:

I am a new player and was getting along well until suddenly I had it where rather than getting the numbers for flint,rocks, or metal at the top every time I hit a rock, it would only do it after 2-4 swings and would always show up in multiples of 4. I have no idea what caused it and was wondering if I should just reinstall or if I can fix it easier.I would hit with my pick and nothing would show up at the top. After a few hits something would pop up but it was always x4, x8, or x12. 

https://youtu.be/Jz8Zev63i1M?t=23m35s In this random video I got off youtube you can see that every time he hits it shows numbers of what he got. It doesn't do that on mine. But what's really weird is it works properly for wood and thatch from trees which make me thing it's a bug rather than a setting.

Any ideas?

What I would advise doing is simply stop harvesting when that happens and nothing appears, put away your tool, pull it back out, and try again.   I've noticed that once in a while that happens when I'm on a Dino.   I jump off, and back on and that clears it up.

Hope it helps, and good luck!   

P.S. I would go to the bugs section and place that in there.   Try to be more detailed, area you were in, large or small tree, boulder, etc.   As much information as you can provide.   It's possible it's an rea in the map.

50 minutes ago, Grimm said:

What I would advise doing is simply stop harvesting when that happens and nothing appears, put away your tool, pull it back out, and try again.   I've noticed that once in a while that happens when I'm on a Dino.   I jump off, and back on and that clears it up.

Hope it helps, and good luck!   

P.S. I would go to the bugs section and place that in there.   Try to be more detailed, area you were in, large or small tree, boulder, etc.   As much information as you can provide.   It's possible it's an rea in the map.

Wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. 

This is what's happening for me any time i gather from boulders.

Edit:Apparently its happening with everything now.

Archived