Difference between Primitive and Primitive+

Zazs89

Hey All,

I have been playing on a Xbox Official PvE Primitive server for over a year now. I really enjoy the game mode and I know Prim+ has been out a while, yet I feel I know very little of what the differences are. I know there are many more structure types, food types, gear, etc., but how exactly does game play differ from the old Primitive? Is this mode still based around taming creatures and building structures? I've been interested in playing but don't know what the particular draw would be to change modes. Please be kind and constructive and thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, Zazs89 said:

Hey All,

I have been playing on a Xbox Official PvE Primitive server for over a year now. I really enjoy the game mode and I know Prim+ has been out a while, yet I feel I know very little of what the differences are. I know there are many more structure types, food types, gear, etc., but how exactly does game play differ from the old Primitive? Is this mode still based around taming creatures and building structures? I've been interested in playing but don't know what the particular draw would be to change modes. Please be kind and constructive and thanks in advance!

There are some distinct differences between the items really as the biggest change.  Primitive Plus has newer / neater items.  That's about it.  

• 4 weeks later...

I like prim + for the simple fact that stone is as high as you can go. No metal boxes and missile launchers. 

There is a slight difference in the look. The smoke houses instead of fridges etc. 

But, and this could be a big BUT, a number of saddles are missing. There is no Tapajara, Allosaurus, Therizinosaurous or pelagornis saddles. The Tapajara and Therizinosaurous ones missing are really frustrating for me. 

The lack of a tranq gun means it's nye on impossible to knock out a Gallimimus without killing it (you can do it with tranq trip wires but this is a long winded waste of resources). Gallimimus kibble is great for the beaver so be prepared for a 3 hour sit pumping narcs into the beaver every 2 mins. 

You cant put leach blood in your last hotspot so that means no moschops. 

Fishing traps don't work. You can't put the bait in them. 

So if you can live with those limitations then it's a good way to go. Servers are generally more quite 

One of the major differences I have found is Primitive has support and Primitive+ does not. The consoles are still stuck in Prim+ v1.3 and PC is on Prim+ v1.4 and both versions you are getting shafted out of having certain items like saddles. We are now missing around 6 saddles on PC and I think consoles are missing around 10. Ced, the developer for Primitive+, hasn't said anything about it other than 

GDC.. Exciting news coming! And yes, Prim+ update is still coming.. February 28, 2017

https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/836671794073354240

Prior to that the last info on Prim+ was on Feb 3 when Ced posted this.

In addition to smashing some bugs, I've been working on a "market" trading system for the core game. February 4, 2017

https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/827704421526106112

tl:dr is you are better off playing Primitive until WC and Ced can dedicate time to improving Prim+.

Archived